30 Minute Workout Routine?

All my heavy lifting workouts take under 40 minutes usually. I do a P/P/S routine, hit the primary move, then do 1-2 assistance movements with short rest periods. Its working fine at the moment.

I would just focus on doing 1 lift per workout, and if you have time, then throw in an accessory lift. 15 minutes of squatting compared to 30 minutes is a big difference iMO, and you're going to make better gains just squatting the whole time rather than doing a half ass squat workout plus some lunges real quick.

All my heavy lifting workouts take under 40 minutes usually. I do a P/P/S routine, hit the primary move, then do 1-2 assistance movements with short rest periods. Its working fine at the moment.

It usually takes me 20-30 minutes just to finish my first lift

I would just focus on doing 1 lift per workout, and if you have time, then throw in an accessory lift. 15 minutes of squatting compared to 30 minutes is a big difference iMO, and you're going to make better gains just squatting the whole time rather than doing a half ass squat workout plus some lunges real quick.

It usually takes me 20-30 minutes just to finish my first lift

This is the correct answer.

Also, dont kid yourself, your not shortchanging anyone by squating for 30 minutes. Using 4-5 minute rests you can get nearly 8 sets in. 3-4 warmup sets and 3-4 working sets depending on if you go 3-4minutes on your warmups. You should feel teh pump, even without doing the glutetoe raises after.

check out Fatkid's log....he generally does 20-40 min workouts and does typically 1-2 exercises.

Supersets
Escalating Density Training
Stripping
Giant Sets
All out Sets

You dont need lots of time to get a good workout, but your training is working isolates. Try circuit based session, at a high intensity. Ross Enamait has good workouts for this look at his website

There are 168 hours in a week...

Posts like this really piss me off. You have no idea how much time the guy has to lift and even if he DOES have extra time, heaven forbid he use it to spend time with his family... ridiculous.

Today I started my new job and went by the gym. It is small, but looks like it has everything I need. It even has a cage and no smith machine so I like it.

The sucky part is it is a Government building and they run the gym. I am a contractor. They will allow contractors to get a membership and work out there only if our companies agree to be liable for any injury that occurs there.

The person I talked to said no contracting companies so far have agreed to be liable.

It's really stupid. I said I would sign something saying I am liable personally for my own injury, but they said no, only your company can do it.

Sucks.

I'll echo what everyone else is already saying and stick to just one movement per session. Thirty minutes will give you ample time to hit the important stuff with enough volume to see gains.

Maybe on the weekend if you have time you could go and just do some vanity stuff like curls, tricep pushdowns, etc.

Just do one exercise Eg squat , deadlift , ohp or bench a session if its all you have time for.
I have plenty of time but sometimes thats all i really do, when i train yesterday i just did a heavy set of deadlifts and pretty much stopped. Granted it was a rep pr but sometimes it does you good to just back off a bit especially with such a heavy schedule. There called assistance lifts for a reason focus on getting the most out of training that you can :icon_chee

I don't feel like reading through this shit, but are we continuing to answer a question from 5 months ago?

I don't feel like reading through this shit, but are we continuing to answer a question from 5 months ago?

Damn, didn't even look at the date. Looks like someone bumped this with a plug for Ross.

Back