Media 30 Greatest MMA fighters; Conor McGregor comes in at 15

Do you agree with MMA Junkie only putting Conor at 15?

• Yes, 15 is perfect

• Too low

• Too high

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's not even 10-5 but 10-4. No idea who they thought Conor supposedly lost to besides

Nate
Khabib
Poirier
Poirier

Which were also avenged, unavenged, had already beaten, and a freak injury.

Yeah, this is a fair assessment but most will disregard it, call you a dick rider, etc…

I’m a Conor hater. Always have been. Think he’s a bit of a shit human, which for me, influences how I support a fighter.

Is 15 too high? Maybe. But some people saying he’s not top 30 or 100 have their bias at play.

Having Dominick Cruz at 23 is all you need to know about the quality of this list.

Izzy's career is definitely superior to Conor's at this point if we are just talking in the Octagon. Izzy has beaten Whittaker twice, which is 100% more impressive than beating Eddie Alvarez. (Conor's best win is Aldo, and it's not close - it's definitely not Eddie.) Izzy has way more wins in title fights as well.
lol izy has too much decision wins that is 50/50
prime connor ktfo aldo and alvarez
izzy got manhandled at lhw

loooll

lets wait another 5 years after izzy loses left and right
and youl remember me

The Aldo win is the fight he has been coasting his career on legacy wise.

Does Buster Douglas belong in the GOAT category too for boxing based off his one great win?

Is it by skill or how they did against their era?
By era, no way. Hughes, BJ, GSP, Andy, Wand, FShamrock, Saku, Rampage, Jones, Mighty Mouse, Edgar, Pettis, Cruz, Benson, Melendez, Gomi, Big Nog, Werdum, Torres, Aldo, Dillashaw, Alvarez, Hendo, Fedor, Cain, Ferguson, Izzy, Whittaker, RDA, Joanna, Weili, Shogun, Cormier, Royce, Khabib, Oliveira and the list goes on...c'mon.

By skill...obviously he's better than guys from 20 years ago, but I still don't put him so high up.
Alvarez, Poirier 1, Nate 2 and Cerrone were great performances, but otherwise we didn't get to see him tested much. There's every chance he gets outstruck in an Aldo rematch or other strikers at FW and LW (eg Max, Fiziev, Zabit). Or outstrikes guys early, but fades like against Poirier and Nate. Or gets totally outgrappled by guys like Gamrot, Arman or even Zabit (considering how much he had to cheat vs Khabib or how Mendes took and kept him down so much).

Call me crazy, but wouldn't be shocked if prime Guida could beat Conor by outworking him.

If they have met before Conors boxing adventure khabib would have been KOTFO. And you know it!!!
Go get some sleep dude. You are deluded. Conors best camp was training for Khabib. Ready for all scenarios...blah blah de blah. He said so himself., and still go humiliated.

I think Whittaker is probably the 4th best middleweight champion, behind Silva, Izzy, and Weidman.

Which is where I have Eddie, behind Khabib, BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar.

The way McGregor looked against Eddie though, it wasn’t just he beat him, it was how he beat him. His wins over Aldo and Eddie were masterpieces of domination. Izzy never showed that degree of domination over an opponent. McGregor had some brutal losses but he’s a just bleed disciple of the highest caliber.
Lol at Conor being a just bleed disciple... he panic wrestled Nate ffs, thats not fighting to the end, thats giving up. Imagining comparing Conor with someone like say, Lawler, a true just bleed guy..

Last edited:
Anyone with actual title defences should be over him. Anyone with multiple title wins should be over him.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/10/ufc-greatest-fighters-conor-mcgregor-no-15

Basically 12 staff members from MMA junkie pick 30 GOATs, and they average the points.

McGregor comes in at 15, a bit low, I’d have Conor right around the top 10.

what do you think?
jack-off-jerk-off.gif

Conor’s win over Aldo is more impressive than anything Izzy has done, even his Eddie win is more impressive than anything Izzy has done.

No. Izzy schooled Whittaker as impressively as Conor schooled Eddie, and Whittaker is the better opponent.

And it’s obvious that we aren’t ranking “greatest moment” here. The title defenses matter, and that’s obviously what kills Conor. He had a very impressive run but it was really short and then he got dog walked by Khabib and Poirier.

Go get some sleep dude. You are deluded. Conors best camp was training for Khabib. Ready for all scenarios...blah blah de blah. He said so himself., and still go humiliated.
There you go: your reaction is the perfect sign that shows that you also know it is true. Good night my little friend

Too high. Becoming a legit 2 division champ is a massive deal. Fighters like Jon and DC arent legit 2 division champs. They have paper belts but Conor legit beat the best standing champ when he won those 2 and Aldo win is one of the best MMA wins ever but his resume is too shallow.

His ranked wins

Poirier - good win but Dustin was never an elite FW. He got rekt by Cub and KZ too anytime he stepped up to the highest level FWs. Weight cut took alot out of him. Conor stans love to revise history and pretend prime LW Dustin weve seen in recent years was the same one he fought.... Anyone whos honest with themselves knows thats not true

Mendes - great win but short notice

Aldo - incredible win one of the best ever

Nate - scraped by but a good win even tho Nate wasnt a ranked WW and he got upset, panic wrestled and choked the 1st fight

Eddie - terrific win but got to skip the line to get the shot

Cowboy - decent win Cowboy was shot but still an impressive performance

Thats it.... Max was an unranked 21yo whod been fighting MMA for a couple years. Conor stans love revising history but 2013 Max is not a great or elite win. Dennis Bermudez beat Max up right before the Conor fight.

Then who else did he beat.... Dennis Siver? <36> that matchup made ZERO sense. Conor shouldve foght Frankie Cub or Lamas Bermudez winner but he was one of the most popular fighters of any combat sport. Mega superstar hype and UFC wanted him to fight Aldo and gave a layup gimme fight.

Brimage no offense is not a good fighter. Brandao I guess was decent.

Buchinger in Cage Warriors was good so theres that....

Conor had incredibly high highs.... but top 15 is much too high.
Conor is the last person on this planet to be legit, he gets his persona from WWE, his looks and tattoos from a model ffs. On top of that, never defended once ever and has no chance now since he’ll never become champ again, not even in the WWE also, Jon and DC would dump pea head Conor on his head.

C'mon let's be honest even if you don't like Conor that is a bit too low.

There you go: your reaction is the perfect sign that shows that you also know it is true. Good night my little friend
LOL you think you have had some gotchya moment but you havent... Whining that Conor wasnt ready when he said himself he was ready for all scenarios...
You really cant get much dumber than that when the man himself said he was ready. Unless Conor to got some lucky hail mary punch in like he did with Aldo , which still would have been unlikely considering Khabibs granite chin, then Conor was never beating Khabib

Aldo, Max, Eddie, and Dustin are all top 5'ish in different weightclasses.

Aldo and Max have cases for FW Goat

Conor is the last person on this planet to be legit, he gets his persona from WWE, his looks and tattoos from a model ffs. On top of that, never defended once ever and has no chance now since he’ll never become champ again, not even in the WWE also, Jon and DC would dump pea head Conor on his head.
That's not the argument you think it is.. Weight classes exist for a reason lol. But yeah Conor isn't at their caliber, in a fighting itself comparison anyway.

What is the criteria for these rankings?
Resume?
Ranked Fighters Beat?
PPV Sales?
Moving the needle?
Clean Drug Tests?

How did they come to this list? Sounds like a lot of Popularity and Fame to me
interesting list tho, ty ts

Back