Media 30 Greatest MMA fighters; Conor McGregor comes in at 15

Do you agree with MMA Junkie only putting Conor at 15?

• Yes, 15 is perfect

• Too low

• Too high

Results are only viewable after voting.
connor-mcgregor-khabib.gif

khabib-conor.gif

Him being over adesanya is a joke, In reality the highest you can make an argument for Conor based on solely “fighting skills” is top 30

Conor’s win over Aldo is more impressive than anything Izzy has done, even his Eddie win is more impressive than anything Izzy has done.

If we are talking what was accomplished in the octagon only... 15 is too high. He was gift-wrapped the double champ fight given he hadn't even defended 145 one time and Alvarez is one of the worst 155 champs. Yes he still did it, but there are a lot of cons. Such as, Conor didn't defend his belts one time, only 2 wins in title fights, and has gotten mostly smoked for years now in what should be his prime.
It's pretty arguable if he should of even made this list, top 30, and if so I'd put him in the last couple spots.

If we are including his fame and notoriety though, then 15 is too low and he should be top 10 at least. He is hands down the most famous MMA fighter of all time.

Conor’s win over Aldo is more impressive than anything Izzy has done, even his Eddie win is more impressive than anything Izzy has done.
Izzy's career is definitely superior to Conor's at this point if we are just talking in the Octagon. Izzy has beaten Whittaker twice, which is 100% more impressive than beating Eddie Alvarez. (Conor's best win is Aldo, and it's not close - it's definitely not Eddie.) Izzy has way more wins in title fights as well.

Izzy's career is definitely superior to Conor's at this point if we are just talking in the Octagon. Izzy has beaten Whittaker twice, which is 100% more impressive than beating Eddie Alvarez. (Conor's best win is Aldo, and it's not close - it's definitely not Eddie.) Izzy has way more wins in title fights as well.

I think Whittaker is probably the 4th best middleweight champion, behind Silva, Izzy, and Weidman.

Which is where I have Eddie, behind Khabib, BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar.

The way McGregor looked against Eddie though, it wasn’t just he beat him, it was how he beat him. His wins over Aldo and Eddie were masterpieces of domination. Izzy never showed that degree of domination over an opponent. McGregor had some brutal losses but he’s a just bleed disciple of the highest caliber.

I think Whittaker is probably the 4th best middleweight champion, behind Silva, Izzy, and Weidman.

Which is where I have Eddie, behind Khabib, BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar.

The way McGregor looked against Eddie though, it wasn’t just he beat him, it was how he beat him. His wins over Aldo and Eddie were masterpieces of domination. Izzy never showed that degree of domination over an opponent. McGregor had some brutal losses but he’s a just bleed disciple of the highest caliber.

You're a testicle slurping Conor disciple of the highest caliber.

Conor is not top 15 in this sport. And will never be. Let alone top 10.

Back