Media 30 Greatest MMA fighters; Conor McGregor comes in at 15

Do you agree with MMA Junkie only putting Conor at 15?

• Yes, 15 is perfect

• Too low

• Too high

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you’re going to single out one fight, Matt Serra’s victory over GSP is more impressive than any single victory by any fighter ever. Still, you wouldn’t place Serra on any goat list.

Had Serra won the rematch, I’d have him in the top 15 easily. His subsequent complete ownage by GSP affected how great his first win was.

If McGregor retired after the Eddie fight, I’d have him in my top 5. His subsequent losses hurt his career, same with Serra. McGregor also has more notable wins than Serra by a lot.

conor-mcgregor-ufc.gif

Had Serra won the rematch, I’d have him in the top 15 easily. His subsequent complete ownage by GSP affected how great his first win was.

If McGregor retired after the Eddie fight, I’d have him in my top 5. His subsequent losses hurt his career, same with Serra. McGregor also has more notable wins than Serra by a lot.

A single fight shouldn’t be the decider. IMHO, part of the criteria should be longevity.

Reactions: lsa
This list is about popularity, Izzy should've been above both Conor and Khabib
But it doesn't matter, even if you are the number one there is still one person above him and his name is the Great Dana WHITE!

Top 15 seems right. His UFC record is not incredible. He was myriad losses to top draw opposition. T15 might be generous.
That said, he has a big legacy as champ-champ and revolutionizing the marketing of the sport.

Way too high. there are many, many more accomplished fighters in MMA history than Colon.

Conor was fun fighter but he is outside top 100..

He has a 10-5 record in the UFC which says everything you need to know

Outside the top 100? I don't know abut going that far down. The guy is easy to hate and all, but he's top ten if not top five of all time at FW with a LW title win as well.

1.Bones
2. Khabib
3. GSP
4. Fedor
5. MM
6. Anderson
7. Volk
8. Manda
9. DC
10. Islam

My top 10 if being honest.

Conor should be high as he's the sports biggest ever star. I don't know about 15 tho

Islam already being in the top 10 ALL time?

Holy UFC and recency bias.

Khabib number 2?????

<Hendricks02>

more like fringe top 50. didn't earn either of his title shots. no title defenses. best wins are young dustin and max lol. short notice mendez. he sucks.

If we are talking what was accomplished in the octagon only... 15 is too high. He was gift-wrapped the double champ fight given he hadn't even defended 145 one time and Alvarez is one of the worst 155 champs. Yes he still did it, but there are a lot of cons. Such as, Conor didn't defend his belts one time, only 2 wins in title fights, and has gotten mostly smoked for years now in what should be his prime.
It's pretty arguable if he should of even made this list, top 30, and if so I'd put him in the last couple spots.

If we are including his fame and notoriety though, then 15 is too low and he should be top 10 at least. He is hands down the most famous MMA fighter of all time.

You're a newb. Eddie is a top 5 all time LW.

Islam already being in the top 10 ALL time?

Holy UFC and recency bias.

Khabib number 2?????

<Hendricks02>

No , that's who I think the 10 greatest p4p fighters are in terms of tslent and skill.......not the 10 best careers.

Reactions: TR1
conor should be higher than bj penn - 2 division champ plus a fight against mayweather that allowed for all the shenanigans to happen...

15 is comically too high. If it were a popularity contest maybe, but otherwise not even close. His run to the top and becoming the first simultaneous two division was impressive, but the fact that he never defended either belt, and he hasn't basically done anything in the last 7 years pretty negates that.

And what the actual fuck at that ranking list??
How the fuck does one put Cruz below Conor all-time? How does one put Max below Conor all-time? Or Frankie?

It's almost like all those guys attempted winning belts in other divisions and couldn't. Or outright lost to him and guys he beat.

Crazy I know he got points for doing what they couldn't.

(Cruz absolutely is above Conor all time doe)

They should explain what they mean by greatest. Greatest skillwise? Greatest in accomplishments? Greatest in what he represented to the sport? All of the above?

I honestly have no idea as Cruz's video talked about his WEC days and being the BW GOAT, which is again requires his WEC body of work. Neither of which have anything to do with what he accomplished in the UFC.

The whole thing's been dumb from the start though where they kicked things off with Poirier being #30. Which is just laughably bad.

Back