the boss
Reaction score
In the following modalities:

-muay Thai
-submissions
-boxing (wild card gym)
-wrestling

How badass would that be

Unless you had some solid base in those disciplines you would be wasting your money. So 1 bad ass out of 10.

Shit thread, wrong forum. This is for UFC/Zuffa discussion, not your imaginary training sessions.

Michigan or Ohio probably has the best wrestling. Oklahoma also has University of OK which has produced some decent wrasslers. Also my great state of AZ and ASU is a hotbed for wrestlers.

if thats the real iman barlow she would kick fuck out of you lot :)
and she can do whatever she wants in the way of training.

You'll get a tan and learn some Thai and Brazilian Portuguese.

Surely with the extra money flowing into the sport, the new breed of athletes could have this yearly schedule

lol at training these outdated sports and not training in UFC

Who exactly would teach how to put all those things together? Or how to apply them to a different sport?

Who exactly would teach how to put all those things together? Or how to apply them to a different sport?
Ideally this would allow you to form your "base". Meaning you do this as a kid for 10+ years and you don't do real MMA until you're at least 21

Basically I'm just seeing what's possible if I were an eccentric billionaire

Michigan or Ohio probably has the best wrestling. Oklahoma also has University of OK which has produced some decent wrasslers. Also my great state of AZ and ASU is a hotbed for wrestlers.

At the high school level, Pennsylvania is best. This is evidenced by the dapper Dan tournament. Beyond that, you can't really isolate wrestling for mma to an area. there are gyms with great wrestling coaches all over. These guys finish college and move. It's not like Missouri is full of top notch wrestlers because mizzou is great at it.

IMHO not that great.
Because that means for 9 months you do not train 3 of the other modalities needed.

Lack of training = decaying skills.

Or how about staying at one top MMA gym and occasionally fly in top sparring partners for each discipline.

Back