• Law & Order

• Miami Vice

• NCIS

• Magnum PI

• Fargo

• Walker Texas Ranger

• Hill Street Blues

Results are only viewable after voting.
I refuse to watch the A&E Network because they cancelled this show due to the anti police movement.
I’d watch it if it came back. But I have no other reason to watch a&e

Oh, well that makes more sense.
No, she'd seen those but is on a Marvel movie kick, so we watched the Tom Holland ones.
There is an actor named Rami who apparently has a bit roll in In the Line of Duty.
I don't remember the Rami character lol, honestly I don't even remember most of their names besides arnott, Hastings and Kate.

I've been watching Yellowstone, it's not really about cops tho

I haven't watched all the tv shows mentioned in the poll, but I really enjoyed True Detective and Law & Order SVU. Also, I've recently started watching The Shield. It seems to be a good series. Currently, I'm working on one urgent project, so I had to take a break or turn it on as white noise (in this case I need to rewatch the episodes). But when the work is done, I'll watch it more attentively. Btw, thanks for the suggestions, there are tv series on the list I didn't hear about.
You should give the shield your undivided attention imo

Disappointed family matters isnt on here. Carl winslow wins still.

68377.jpg

Cops, The Wire, Fargo.

I have been watching City on a Hill lately, great show, underrated gem. Script & characters are a bit cliche but there are some great performances in it and Kevin Bacon always plays a fantastic scum bag.

Cops, The Wire, Fargo.

I have been watching City on a Hill lately, great show, underrated gem. Script & characters are a bit cliche but there are some great performances in it and Kevin Bacon always plays a fantastic scum bag.

good show

I thought someone in here mentioned Cuffs.
It popped up on Amazon Prime and I really liked it. So of course there is only one season.

Barney Miller
Police Squad!
The Andy Griffith Show

I don't like comparing comedy & drama. Reno 911! murders all competitors per the former.

Drama
  1. The Wire (all seasons)
  2. True Detective (season 1 only)
  3. Law & Order (90's stuff, I can't serially delineate this because I never watched them sequentially, and there are quite a few I haven't seen)
  4. Fargo (seasons 1-3 only)
  5. In the Heat of the Night (generally; haven't seen them all, but watched most in my teenage years when reruns played after school)
  6. Justified (all seasons; one of the best final scenes in TV history)
  7. Blue Bloods (best on TV now, hands down)

I find The Shield to be disgustingly overrated by the small contingent of vociferous diehards that cheerlead it. I need to watch more Hill Street Blues since that was among the best stuff ever. We obviously aren't counting westerns or Gunsmoke would be on this list. NYPD Blue had some incredible episodes from its first few seasons I've caught, but I need to watch it start to finish to rate it.

Oh, and a shout-out to the Canadian detective show Da Vinci's Inquest. I haven't seen many episodes of that, but nearly every episode I've seen blows away almost all the procedural crap that you see on American television. It's obviously much more serious than most of our soap opera-ish nonsense populated almost solely by young, beautiful people.

Everything else listed there is pulp.

Back