International 248 people, 66 children Palestinian dead after "Apartheid state" Israel launches airstrikes in Gaza

The Jews have always been difficult to assimilate as they've always kept their culture/language and traditions. I think we'd be able to easily distinguish the Jews from the others in the Levante as distinct.

Arab speaking Jews had their own language and of course were regarded as dhima by the Muslim hegemony of the time.
Every religious community was distinct from the others because people didn't organize them selves along national distinctions but rather communal ones based on religion. So yes the Jews were distinct from the Muslims who were distinct from the Christians who were distinct from the Druze and so on. But according to your logic they're all Levantine Arabs.

Yeah completely misunderstands the history. Many different nations and peoples were ruled by expansive empires in the premodern ear, that doesn't mean those distinctive people didn't exist.

You’re categorically dishonest in your deciding which pieces of history are relevant to the discourse and which not. You also have a fundamental misunderstanding of one side of the conflict and resist every opportunity to do so. Fare thee well Samjj, I hope you find gainful employment and a loving partner someday.

One of us is gainfully employed and in a partnership...and it’s certainly not you, Kafir. Ya bint sarira

So, Hamas uses civilians to surround them as they launch rockets. These civilians chant for Israel's destruction and cheer on the rocket launches. These same civilians end up dead when retaliation happens. I think everyone knows the game by now.

Every religious community was distinct from the others because people didn't organize them selves along national distinctions but rather communal ones based on religion. So yes the Jews were distinct from the Muslims who were distinct from the Christians who were distinct from the Druze and so on. But according to your logic they're all Levantine Arabs.

Yeah completely misunderstands the history. Many different nations and peoples were ruled by expansive empires in the premodern ear, that doesn't mean those distinctive people didn't exist.

You’re categorically dishonest in your deciding which pieces of history are relevant to the discourse and which not. You also have a fundamental misunderstanding of one side of the conflict and resist every opportunity to do so. Fare thee well Samjj, I hope you find gainful employment and a loving partner someday.

You’re just a straight up liar. Jews were never regarded as Arab under Muslim rule . “Arab” is a pan-national identity rooted in shared Muslim identity. Many “Arab” Christians don’t identity as Arab for this same reason.

Lol @ most of you backing terrorists over Israel. Goes to show how far left and unhinged the democrats and their secret Neo Nazi supporters who claim to be "conservatives" on the right have become.
"terrorist" is a term applied by one side against their enemies, to demonize their enemies.

The formation of Israel involved terrorism by groups like the Stern gang and Irgun.

The US classified the M.E.K. Iranian group as "terrorist" when they were opposed to the US backed dictator the Shah of Iran. Decades later, the pro Israel Neocons lobbied the US government to remove the "terrorist" label for M.E.K. , because MEK is opposed to the Iranian regime.

The US supported Latin American death squads, giving them training at Fort Benning in Georgia. These groups are all terrorist groups going by their actions.

When the precusor to the Taleban and Al Qaeda were fighting the Soviets they were freedom fighters, when they were fighting the US they were terrorists.

The Chinese classifed Uyghurs that does accept Han Chinese domination as terrorists

Assad classifed his enemies as terrorists.

--
It's a pretty worthless term, and can equally be applied to America and its allies.

And there has never been a historical reference to "Levant" outside of the Old Testament and the other Abrahamic religious texts. It was colloquially called the Arab Empire, Mongol Empire, Persian Empire, and the Ottoman Empire.

So this whole "THEY'RE NOT PALESTINIANS THEY'RE LEVANTIAN ARABS" argument of yours is a semantic one and a bad one at that. It's like arguing with someone that "THERE WAS NO TRIBE CALLED THE NATIVE AMERICANS THEY WERE ALL CHEYENNE, CHEROKEE, SEMINOLE, MOHAWK and OTHER INDIVIDUAL TRIBES!!!!"

You're ultimatly arguing over something incredibly insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

To use a different example than the Native Americans:

Ask someone from the area that is considered Palestinian by outsiders and ask if they're Palestinian or Levantian Arab and see what their reaction is.

I certainly don't need to use the term Levant, Greater Syria would work as well. And I'm not saying they aren't Palestinians now, they certainly are a distinct people mostly defined by their struggle with the Israelis.

Quite a bias title

It is best for the US to not be involved with either party. We should LEAVE the region, no picking sides. Leave and focus on China and our own borders. They can have their sand war between themselves

Imagine a candidate running for office actually saying that!

"terrorist" is a term applied by one side against their enemies, to demonize their enemies.

The formation of Israel involved terrorism by groups like the Stern gang and Irgun.

The US classified the M.E.K. Iranian group as "terrorist" when they were opposed to the US backed dictator the Shah of Iran. Decades later, the pro Israel Neocons lobbied the US government to remove the "terrorist" label for M.E.K. , because MEK is opposed to the Iranian regime.

The US supported Latin American death squads, giving them training at Fort Benning in Georgia. These groups are all terrorist groups going by their actions.

When the precusor to the Taleban and Al Qaeda were fighting the Soviets they were freedom fighters, when they were fighting the US they were terrorists.

The Chinese classifed Uyghurs that does accept Han Chinese domination as terrorists

--
It's a pretty worthless term, and can equally be applied to America and its allies.

Yup.
George W Bush and his administration were terrorists.

You’re just a straight up liar. Jews were never regarded as Arab under Muslim rule . “Arab” is a pan-national identity rooted in shared Muslim identity. Many “Arab” Christians don’t identity as Arab for this same reason.
Habibi, reread what I wrote before you get your panties in a twist.
Obviously they weren't Arab in the modern sense of the word.

Habibi, reread what I wrote before you get your panties in a twist.

Obviously they weren't Arab in the modern sense of the word.

For being such a horny Arab orientalist, you really should step your Amiyya game up.

Tell me how you really feel.
I’d personally recommend the “Standard Arabic” series by Schulz, more structured and thorough introduction intro to MSA than the highly touted Al-Kitaab series. Once you have a fundamental grasp of the root structure system and verb forms - then you should begin learning colloquial. I know of quite a few intensive programs that I can recommend as well.

I’d personally recommend the “Standard Arabic” series by Schulz, more structured and thorough introduction intro to MSA than the highly touted Al-Kitaab series. Once you have a fundamental grasp of the root structure system and verb forms - then you should begin learning colloquial. I know of quite a few intensive programs that I can recommend as well.
PM bruh

--

Hamas is a terrorist organisation, which is not a matter of opinion or POV.
And what's even more unfortunate is that they're elected to represent Palestinian people.

No "Levantine Arab" denotes more than just living in the area, it's a term to describe the dominant ethnicity of the region.

There's so many different ethnic groups that have lived in that region since the first human settlements.Categorizing Lebanese as "Levantine Arabs" is stupid.

It doesn't encompass all ethnic groups in Lebanon but I'd say the majority today.

Hamas is a terrorist organisation, which is not a matter of opinion or POV.
And what's even more unfortunate is that they're elected to represent Palestinian people.
Israel is a terrorist state and Israelis elect the terrorists who terrorise Palestinian.

Your point?

Israel is a terrorist state and Israelis elect the terrorists who terrorise Palestinian.

Your point?

Last time I checked they weren’t labeled as such by the EU and the US among others and even if they would be, what would that change what I said about Hamas?
So what is your point?

Old video but here's an ex-IDF soldier who courageously deprogrammed himself (which I'm sure had to be extraordinarily difficult) and acknowledged the situation for what it really is; and what most of the world recognizes it as: Military enforced apartheid in conjunction w/ the slow and systematic ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people.

I know optimism on the issue of Palestinian liberation and/or self-determination is in short supply considering the overwhelming narrative control in favor of Zionist ideology but fwiw, I do take consolation in knowing that there are people out there (including from the Israeli side) who are willing to speak out for what's right.

It's humorous that people trot out the same hackneyed arguments again and again rather than focus on the table set before them.

Hate the Jews? Hate Israel? Hate their government and its expansions? Fine. Advocate for a peaceful resolution that favors Palestine. Advocate for resolutions that threaten sanctions or even force against Israel by a collective of governments in places like the U.N.

Hamas did not. They provoked a war.

So don't seek for the world to pity them because they are outmatched or because they don't have an army. Don't have an army? Don't start a war. They're already receiving illicit aid from governments like Iran whom-- as an American-- are my enemy. And you want me to favor Palestine? Take a hike. They ally themselves with people who have chanted death to America for decades, and abetted terrorists who have killed Americans. They don't share my core values, and they aren't interested in being my friends regardless of how we set policy. It will always be "Death to the West".

They didn't stockpile these rockets in a matter of days. They were never interested in peace. They've been planning this for years just as they dug their tunnels for years. They are practitioners of perpetual war. They picked up the sword. This is their bed to lie in.

I'm happy to help the Israelis if they request it.

To the citizens of Alderaan: The Empire is striking rebel weapons stores hidden inside civilian buildings on Alderaan. Although the rebels want to put you in harm's way, we urge you to stay away from their weapons stores and get to safety. Our goal is only to strike terror.

Back