Doesn't EA sports have different departments doing different sports games?

Most video game companies actually hire folks specifically to work on a game then fire them right after. I don't know how EA does it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they only kept key players around.

As for the Fight Night franchise, I haven't played it in a while, but it looked to be going in the direction of Madden in that they really had no improvements left to make. That's why they were starting to alternate with their MMA game.

EA MMA was really, really good. Just didn't get mainstream attention

Just another indication of how far the sport of MMA has come. I feel lucky to be alive to witness the rise.

I wouldn't be so quick to say it will be great or good. EA always dissapoints, except FIFA.

I'd much rather a MMA game, their would be so many fighters and ring/cage selection.
WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Remember playing Fight Night Round 3 back in the day on xbox, it was much fun.

I wouldn't be so quick to say it will be great or good. EA always dissapoints, except FIFA.

What's the difference between fifa 12 and 13? I can't really tell. I think the graphics are really mediocre, but then again it is made for xbox 360 and ps3 which is ancient technology.

What's the difference between fifa 12 and 13? I can't really tell. I think the graphics are really mediocre, but then again it is made for xbox 360 and ps3 which is ancient technology.

So whats the PS4 like then? Please tell.

Easier to do it that way. Utilize the MMA game's engine to make it boxing.

I just like the game play.

For you to think of PS3 and Xbox 360 as ancient technology then you must be from the future. My feet are firmly in 2013.

Not really, 7 years is a damn long time in tech years. I would say ancient.

Not really, 7 years is a damn long time in tech years. I would say ancient.

Right now it's the best we've got as far as sports games go. Next gen won't be as much a leap graphically as you're expecting. It will be more about the physics, memory and animation.

hopefully the next gen version is a big improvement on the old ones.

i had a bit of fun with the first ufc game but there is a lot of room for improvement.

lol at a thread about this

"What do you think about that??"

is this meant bring a war between boxing and mma because a game got put on hold or that they are only focusing on 1 game?

fight night round 4 was a bag of shit anyway

I personally enjoy Fight Night Champion.

Characters can be boring but as long as your playing in different divisions it isn't too bad...except for the HW division where everyone picks Tyson or Issac Frost online (a fake character from career mode who is rated higher than any HW).

I think the overall mechanics of the game are pretty good though. Of course it has it's flaws as it is a couple years old already but overall a pretty fun game to play here and there.

It sucks when those pussy's pull that shit. Most entertaining fights I've had?; Butterbean vs. Foreman, multiple times.

240px-Holyfieldboxinggenesis.jpg

That was the shit and the original "Training" game. So hard to keep your stats up!

Well, if I didn't swear I would never buy an EA product again as long as I live, I might have actually cared :)

As long as they don't copy EA MMA's atrocious control scheme and terrible ground game I am as happy as Thiago Silva playing the bongos.

Back