210 to 170. How to get there?

Water is king! eat well dont eat shit exercise its as easy as that i recentley dropped 31 pounds in roughly 7 weeks .:icon_twis

and just say no to punctuation I got rid of that shit a month ago and now I can curl 100 pound dumbells all day long and hang bang with the best:icon_chee

I think its best to make those obvious changes to help yourself out (ie. don't eat out, eat more dense fibrous vegetables, drink nothing but water or tea or coffee, less sugar the better), but to go on a super restrictive diet (read less than 1K calories a day) must have an impact on performance. But if the goal is to get rid of that weight as fast as you can, then just shift priorities. Do you want to be overweight and get better in the gym, or focus more on that weight drop? Sometimes you cant have everything haha. But yet again, I'm not a trained dietician or M.D.

I need to get rid of that last 10 pounds. I'm at 185 right now, 6'0. Im a muscular guy, so getting down to 175 would make fighting at 170 a serious possibility. I have done tournaments at in the 190+ category, and well I rather be the bigger guy in the fight haha.

This is a perfect thread...I just weighed myself at 212 (6'2) and want to cut 20 pounds and actually add strength....this is the heaviest I have ever been and in high school (7 years ago) I was around 170 or less. I guess cardio, weight training, more cardio combined with a mostly protein diet...I just bought the stuff for protein shakes:
(I do add a cup of 2% milk) frozen raspberries a banana yogurt and ice with a little honey add or maple syrup and a serving of whey protein. Honestly it is VERY hard for me to stick to a good diet, I like my carbs....it is funny people on here are much more disciplined than the average american....I see tons of posts on here about very quick and healthy weight loss....I guess my question is what will help with discipline and motivation when it comes to workouts and nutrition...there are lots of good advice on the diet and workout plan on here already. THANKS!

I went from 220-170 but it took like 9 months..
Mind you i wasn't trying, I just started exercising alot more.

I went from 195 to 165, but a took like 4 months. What I did was cut out all junk food (chips, dessert, etc), cut down on carbs (not too much) and started eating a salad with every meal. Also, I try to have at least three meals a day consisting of a protein source, carbs, fruits and vegetables. Mind you, this was without cardio, but with weight training. I would start by cutting out soda and junk food, except for maybe a small dessert after dinner, and eventually cutting that out too.

Back