210 to 170. How to get there?

I haven't commented because I have no input. This doesn't particularly seem like a debateable subject, I'm just trying to gather all the info and come up with a plan.

I haven't commented because I have no input. This doesn't particularly seem like a debateable subject, I'm just trying to gather all the info and come up with a plan.

well, first you have to say what you are eating regularly now. and what your training is like. you basically asked what you should change as what you're doing is not working, but you didn't say what you're doing.

consider this question:

what should I wear to the place I'm going today so I look good? I'm 6'1".

it's impossible to answer because there is no context or content. and all of the suggestions are just general shots in the dark. saying "go paleo" is like saying "wear something nice".

ok. simple answer

- EAT EVERY 2.5 HOURS.

- EAT EGGS, CHICKEN, BEEF, HAM, TUNA, OATMEAL, ECT....

- DONT DRINK MILK. IF YOU HAVE TO, DRINK SKIM MILK AND KEEP IT DOWN TO 2 CUPS DAILY.

- DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE UNTIL A DAY BEFORE THE FIGHT WHERE YOU START LOWERING THE WATER CONSUMPTION.

so one meal would look like this.

wake up - 30g protein shake

2.5 hours later - 1 egg yoke and 5 egg whites

2.5 hours later - 1 chicken breast

POST WORKOUT - 30g protein shake

2 hours later - 5 eggs

2.5 hours later - 1 chicken breast

pre bed - 1 scoop of caesin.

THAT IT! do that. mix it up also. and drink water a lot of it throughout the day. cut out creatine as it will hold weight. good luck bro!:icon_twis

this is not a good idea at all, I'll show you why. And this isn't even counting the ignorance of not eating vegetables or fruit.

I used this website to breakdown the macros for this "plan": MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

Total calories: 1253

Total carbs: 15.5

Total fat: 35.9

Total protein: 209

Pretty low calories for a 210 pounder, combined with virtually no carbs and an insignificant amount of fat. Good thing you recommended he get all that protein though...

why 2.5 hours? what if he waited 2.45 hours? and why so much protein? what about the nutrients in vegetables and fruits? what about fat? doesn't the human body need to consume fat for something? and why did you mention oatmeal but not include it in your "meal plan"?

i put "meal plan" in quotes because it doesn't really have any actual meals in it.

this is not a good idea at all, I'll show you why. And this isn't even counting the ignorance of not eating vegetables or fruit.

I used this website to breakdown the macros for this "plan": MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

Total calories: 1253

Total carbs: 15.5

Total fat: 35.9

Total protein: 209

Pretty low calories for a 210 pounder, combined with virtually no carbs and an insignificant amount of fat. Good thing you recommended he get all that protein though...

why 2.5 hours? what if he waited 2.45 hours? and why so much protein? what about the nutrients in vegetables and fruits? what about fat? doesn't the human body need to consume fat for something? and why did you mention oatmeal but not include it in your "meal plan"?

i put "meal plan" in quotes because it doesn't really have any actual meals in it.
ok r u a girl?

i have lost a lot of weight doing this.

I have lost around 15 pounds doing this for 3 weeks while maintaining every bit of my strength. The reason being, is that i am consuming protein to save my muscles while my body burns the fat off. while drinking and staying hydrated.

i have much more experience than you. i dont take things off the internet. i experiment. so your wrong. sure maybe some veggies is ok, but you really DONT need them. lol. i wonder what you have achieved? A big bicep, or 6 pack abs...hahahahahaha. fail

o and for waiting 2.5 hours is because so your on time. If you waiy any longer i beleive your body will take and literally eat your muscles away. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks while eating every 7-8 hours small meals. I lost every muscle i has to the point where i looked like i was a 12 year old. so i know when to spread out your meals. and you cant just think "if i eat 200 grams of protein RIGHT NOW, i dont have to worry about eating anymore"

WRONG

1st off, your body wont accept all of that, it will just shit it out.

and 2nd off, if you took in 200g f protein and never ate until 10-12 hours later, your muscles would be scooped up and used as energy. LOSS OF STRENGTH LADY!

the only calories you want are pure protein with some fat and some carbs for working out. Thats it. But right now i dont need to do that because im strength training which means (if you dont know) That i can eat every 2 hours and eat some sugar from apples and lots of eggs and chicken and burgers because i am gaining strength for football..

now when wrestling season comes i will tell you how much weight i loose from doing this diet. You just arent committed enough so you are eating unused vetchables. Sure they are good, but just because they are healthy means nolthing that you need them.

wow, a lot of rubbish

Last edited:
ok r u a girl?

I have lost around 15 pounds doing this for 3 weeks while maintaining every bit of my strength. The reason being, is that i am consuming protein to save my muscles while my body burns the fat off. while drinking and staying hydrated.

i have much more experience than you. i dont take things off the internet. i experiment. so your wrong. sure maybe some veggies is ok, but you really DONT need them. lol. i wonder what you have achieved? A big bicep, or 6 pack abs...hahahahahaha. fail

o and for waiting 2.5 hours is because so your on time. If you waiy any longer i beleive your body will take and literally eat your muscles away. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks while eating every 7-8 hours small meals. I lost every muscle i has to the point where i looked like i was a 12 year old. so i know when to spread out your meals. and you cant just think "if i eat 200 grams of protein RIGHT NOW, i dont have to worry about eating anymore"

WRONG

and 2nd off, if you took in 200g f protein and never ate until 10-12 hours later, your muscles would be scooped up and used as energy. LOSS OF STRENGTH LADY!

the only calories you want are pure protein with some fat and some carbs for working out. Thats it. But right now i dont need to do that because im strength training which means (if you dont know) That i can eat every 2 hours and eat some sugar from apples and lots of eggs and chicken and burgers because i am gaining strength for football..

now when wrestling season comes i will tell you how much weight i loose from doing this diet. You just arent committed enough so you are eating unused vetchables. Sure they are good, but just because they are healthy means nolthing that you need them.

wow, a lot of rubbish

the part in red pretty much says it all.

here is some reading on meal frequency: Logic Does Not Apply Part 1: Meal Frequency

Here's a review of research on meal frequency: Meal Frequency and Energy Balance | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

And some more: Meal Frequency for Mass Gains | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

What have I achieved? I gained 8kg eating one big meal a day. I've also lost 8kg eating just two meals a day - lunch and post-workout.

Oh, and when I gained the 8kg I was doing 20 rep squats three times a week.

Two cases (you and me) don't necessarily prove much, but the research review and the shared experiences of personal trainers do mean a lot.

Of course you lost muscle mass when you were bedridden for three weeks. What do you think caused more atrophy - laying still for 21 days or eating once every 7 hours?

It's not a trick question.

ok r u a girl?

WRONG

wow, a lot of rubbish

Are you wrestling in college or high school? You've been blabbering in quite a few threads about all of your experience, but if you are in wrestling season, you are fairly young.

Thanks for your support guys. Im only 17 but i plan on going far in life with MMA, but it all comes first with my upcoming wrestling!

From this thread.
Good thing we've got all of your experience on this board.

I'm not surprised a 17yr old posted that advice prefaced with 'trust me, I have a lot of experience'.

And the OP is still dropping the ball on getting any sound advice.

From this thread.
Good thing we've got all of your experience on this board.

Awesome find. It was pretty obvious without seeing that it was pretty obvious that he was young and full of shit. He's been blabbering a lot in the S+C forum as well.

Eat beef, chicken, or fish 5 times a day. Eat lots of vegetables. Have some fruit in the morning and before you work out. Drink lots of water. Supplement with a protein shake (in water) if you miss a meal. Have a few grams of fish oil each day. Don't touch anything with sugar, wheat, or dairy.

If you stick with these rules for a few months and work out like you mean it, there is no way that you don't reach your goal.

Last edited:
impossible to train

Bullshit buddy...

For 3 months sustained:

< 1000 calories a day

Took:
Duromine (for the first two weeks only)
Fish Oil & Multivitamins
Various L-Cartinine (sp?) supplement
Calcium and Iron tablets

Training daily:
6k jog
2 x 12kms bike
Alternating BJJ and Muay Thai 6 days a week.
I was also doing weights for strength training but that only lasted a week due to severe burn out at BJJ or MTT training later on that day.

Was it easy? - Fuck no.
Was it healthy? - Probably not.
Did it work? - Fuck yes.

Went from ~110kg to ~77kg in 3 months.

Not suggesting that it's right for anyone or that it's healthy but your comment that training on >2k calories a day is impossible is total bullshit.

Here is my 2 cents.

I posted this the other day in a similar weight cutting thread. It's best to create a calorie deficit for yourself. What I mean by this is you have to burn more calories than you're taking in. Heavier folks burn more calories than folks who are lighter. They have to due to the fact that their bodies work harder to sustain their weight. As you lose weight, your body does not burn as many calories naturally. If you have dropped 20 pounds (congrats btw) and you have stopped losing weight with your current diet and exercise routine, it's time to switch it up and reduce calories. If you don't feel that is a viable option for you then there are ways to kickstart your metabolism through minor changes in diet and exercise.

1) Drink 1 gallon of water per day. Carry a milk jug around with you and fill it every night before you go to bed. Or fill it in the morning if you like room temperature water. This is essential in weight loss and it's actually very simple to do. Not only does it keep you full between meals but it cleanses all of the crap that's in your system out of you. You would be amazed at how many calores a day you are cutting out by making this simple switch. On top of all of that, this is a great way to boost your metabolism by up to 30%. Imagine. Burning 30% more calories just by drinking water. That's 600 calories a day (based on a 2000 calorie diet) and all you've done is replace your fluid intake with water.

2) Step up your cardio. You should be doing a bare minimum of 30 minutes a day. I don't care if it's a treadmill, elliptical (my favorite) or what. If you are lifting, stick to higher reps (12-15) to keep your heart rate up. It also helps to superset your exercises so the heart rate stays up throughout your workout. As soon as you feel recovered (not rested, recovered) get back on it.

3) This is more just information for fat burning. 1 lb of body fat generally equates to 3500 calories. In 1 week that's 500 calories per day for 1 lb of body fat lost. Losing 2-4 lbs a week is about all you really want to put your body through. Everyone is different though.

4) EAT 6-8 TIMES A DAY!!!!!!! This kickstarts your metabolism by constantly giving your body something to metabolize. Your metabolism is a lot like a muscle. The more it's trained, the better it will perform.

Do the math and you will find that losing those last 30-40 lbs can be easily done by the end of October. 3 months of your time. 90 days. That's it. Have fun and good luck!

Here is my 2 cents.

I posted this the other day in a similar weight cutting thread. It's best to create a calorie deficit for yourself. What I mean by this is you have to burn more calories than you're taking in. Heavier folks burn more calories than folks who are lighter. They have to due to the fact that their bodies work harder to sustain their weight. As you lose weight, your body does not burn as many calories naturally. If you have dropped 20 pounds (congrats btw) and you have stopped losing weight with your current diet and exercise routine, it's time to switch it up and reduce calories. If you don't feel that is a viable option for you then there are ways to kickstart your metabolism through minor changes in diet and exercise.

1) Drink 1 gallon of water per day. Carry a milk jug around with you and fill it every night before you go to bed. Or fill it in the morning if you like room temperature water. This is essential in weight loss and it's actually very simple to do. Not only does it keep you full between meals but it cleanses all of the crap that's in your system out of you. You would be amazed at how many calores a day you are cutting out by making this simple switch. On top of all of that, this is a great way to boost your metabolism by up to 30%. Imagine. Burning 30% more calories just by drinking water. That's 600 calories a day (based on a 2000 calorie diet) and all you've done is replace your fluid intake with water.

2) Step up your cardio. You should be doing a bare minimum of 30 minutes a day. I don't care if it's a treadmill, elliptical (my favorite) or what. If you are lifting, stick to higher reps (12-15) to keep your heart rate up. It also helps to superset your exercises so the heart rate stays up throughout your workout. As soon as you feel recovered (not rested, recovered) get back on it.

3) This is more just information for fat burning. 1 lb of body fat generally equates to 3500 calories. In 1 week that's 500 calories per day for 1 lb of body fat lost. Losing 2-4 lbs a week is about all you really want to put your body through. Everyone is different though.

4) EAT 6-8 TIMES A DAY!!!!!!! This kickstarts your metabolism by constantly giving your body something to metabolize. Your metabolism is a lot like a muscle. The more it's trained, the better it will perform.

Do the math and you will find that losing those last 30-40 lbs can be easily done by the end of October. 3 months of your time. 90 days. That's it. Have fun and good luck!

hello, and welcome to 1991.

Your metabolism is nothing like a muscle. It cannot be "trained" and eating more often does nothing for body composition.

An Objective Look at Intermittent Fasting - AlanAragon.com - Fitness Based on Science & Experience

here is some reading on meal frequency: Logic Does Not Apply Part 1: Meal Frequency

Here's a review of research on meal frequency: Meal Frequency and Energy Balance | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

And some more: Meal Frequency for Mass Gains | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

And in that huge wall of text you did not mention the most obvious point: Eat less.

To see why this is important read this article which compares calories consumed (or not consumed) versus calories expended from exercise: Exercise and Weight/Fat Loss: Part 1 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

I did mention eating less. If you had read what I wrote, I mentioned creating a calorie deficit. That typically comes with either eating less or eating better foods. Example: 3 cups of raw spinach has only 20 calories vs 3 cups of lard which has god knows what in it. See the difference? Over the years, I have found that 6-8 meals a day is absolutely necessary to speed up your metabolism and keep a constant source of energy in you throughout the day.

So let's keep the attacks to minimum. We're grown folks here. I think.

Bullshit buddy...

For 3 months sustained:

< 1000 calories a day

Took:
Duromine (for the first two weeks only)
Fish Oil & Multivitamins
Various L-Cartinine (sp?) supplement
Calcium and Iron tablets

Training daily:
6k jog
2 x 12kms bike
Alternating BJJ and Muay Thai 6 days a week.
I was also doing weights for strength training but that only lasted a week due to severe burn out at BJJ or MTT training later on that day.

Was it easy? - Fuck no.
Was it healthy? - Probably not.
Did it work? - Fuck yes.

Went from ~110kg to ~77kg in 3 months.

Not suggesting that it's right for anyone or that it's healthy but your comment that training on >2k calories a day is impossible is total bullshit.

Wow - much respect. Been on Lyle's RFL diet for about a week now and can barely accomplish anything mentally or physically.

Try this workout

Mon, Wed, Fri:

Chest:
Bench press 5 x 6-10
Flat bench flyes 5 x 6-10
Incline bench press 6 x 6-10
Cable crossovers 6 x 10-12
Dips (body weight) 5 x failure
Dumbell pullovers 5 x 10-12.

Back:
Wide-grip chins (to front) 6 x failure
T-bar rows 5 x 6-10
Seated pulley rows 6 x 6-10
One-arm dumbell rows 5 x 6-10
Straight-leg deadlifts 6 x 15

Legs:
Squats 6 x 8-12
Leg press 6 x 8-12
Leg extensions 6 x 12-15
Leg curls 6 x 10-12
Barbell lunges 5 x 15

Calves:
Standing calf raises 10 x 10
Seated calf raises 8 x 15
Oneplegged calf raises (holding dumbells) 6x12

Forearms:
Wrist curls (forearms on knees) - 4 sets, 10 reps
Reverse barbell curls - 4 sets, 8 reps
Wright roller machine - to failure

Abs:

Try this workout

Tues, Thurs, Sat:

Biceps:
Barbell curls 6 x 6-10
Seated dumbell curls 6 x 6-10
Dumbell concentration curls 6 x 6-10

That's only 540 curls per week. Is that really enough? :icon_chee

If we assume 2 minutes of rest between sets, then your arm workouts would last about 3 hours.

Try this workout

Mon, Wed, Fri:

Chest:
Bench press 5 x 6-10
Flat bench flyes 5 x 6-10
Incline bench press 6 x 6-10
Cable crossovers 6 x 10-12
Dips (body weight) 5 x failure
Dumbell pullovers 5 x 10-12.

Back:
Wide-grip chins (to front) 6 x failure
T-bar rows 5 x 6-10
Seated pulley rows 6 x 6-10
One-arm dumbell rows 5 x 6-10
Straight-leg deadlifts 6 x 15

Legs:
Squats 6 x 8-12
Leg press 6 x 8-12
Leg extensions 6 x 12-15
Leg curls 6 x 10-12
Barbell lunges 5 x 15

Calves:
Standing calf raises 10 x 10
Seated calf raises 8 x 15
Oneplegged calf raises (holding dumbells) 6x12

Forearms:
Wrist curls (forearms on knees) - 4 sets, 10 reps
Reverse barbell curls - 4 sets, 8 reps
Wright roller machine - to failure

Abs:

Unless you are real flabby that doesn't sound a safe cut, 185 sounds a better weight for you, i'm doing a nutrition and health degree at the moment, in regularly compete in grappling/bjj , from the studies we've done at university, i found cutting more than about 11-12% of your overall mass is pretty detrimental to performance

Back