210 to 170. How to get there?

Dead Roman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So I've gone from 230 to 210 but I can't seem to break that barrier. I would really like to fight at 170, so if I could get myself walking around at about 175-180 I would be ultra happy. I have alot of fat left on me that needs to go. Any suggestions as to how to get down there by January? My natural weight my whole life has hovered around 184 I just let myself balloon up a few years back.

If you're eating less energy than you're using you should always be dropping weight.

Why do you want to end up at 175-180 if you want to fight at 170? Same day weigh-ins?

Watch what you eat
to cut fat just do cardio in the morning then weight train after that and then do some more cardio after weight training and stay active

That's should be easily doable IMO. What is your diet like right now?

At the risk of starting a debate.....

Paleo Diet appears extremely good for dropping pounds quick. I lost 10lb s in 10 days and I was trying not to.

Water fast for a weekend then eat like 1,000-1,2000 calories a day and it'll happen naturally. Add to that some cardio/aerobic exercises and it'll happen even faster.

this might be overly simplistic but eat the amount of calories that would support a 170lbs person

Water fast for a weekend then eat like 1,000-1,2000 calories a day and it'll happen naturally. Add to that some cardio/aerobic exercises and it'll happen even faster.

1,200 calories a day is barely sufficient for a sedentary 140 lb. housewife. A training 200 lb. man is going to lose way too much muscle mass doing that.

I don't understand what's impossible about what I said. Or what it has to do with training.

He has until January. What you are asking him to do is ridiculously drastic and borderline impossible. It's definitely not ideal.

He has until January. What you are asking him to do is ridiculously drastic and borderline impossible. It's definitely not ideal.

Haha, I must've not read the post or something. I just saw he needed to drop weight and thought, well, exercise and starve. My bad, guys... my bad.

Try carb cycling such as a keto diet. You might feel worthless with less than 30g of carbs depending how carb sensitive you are. Also, there are diet plans fighters use to act like natural diuretics or you can use natural substances like Dandelion Root.

I've noticed that a lot of people start threads in the D+S and never return to them.

What is a water fast? That does not sound good...and there is no way that this kid should be eating 1,000-1200 calories a day...that is WAY too low.

ok. simple answer

- EAT EVERY 2.5 HOURS.

- EAT EGGS, CHICKEN, BEEF, HAM, TUNA, OATMEAL, ECT....

- DONT DRINK MILK. IF YOU HAVE TO, DRINK SKIM MILK AND KEEP IT DOWN TO 2 CUPS DAILY.

- DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE UNTIL A DAY BEFORE THE FIGHT WHERE YOU START LOWERING THE WATER CONSUMPTION.

so one meal would look like this.

wake up - 30g protein shake

2.5 hours later - 1 egg yoke and 5 egg whites

2.5 hours later - 1 chicken breast

POST WORKOUT - 30g protein shake

2 hours later - 5 eggs

pre bed - 1 scoop of caesin.

THAT IT! do that. mix it up also. and drink water a lot of it throughout the day. cut out creatine as it will hold weight. good luck bro!:icon_twis

ok. simple answer

- EAT EVERY 2.5 HOURS.

- EAT EGGS, CHICKEN, BEEF, HAM, TUNA, OATMEAL, ECT....

- DONT DRINK MILK. IF YOU HAVE TO, DRINK SKIM MILK AND KEEP IT DOWN TO 2 CUPS DAILY.

- DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE UNTIL A DAY BEFORE THE FIGHT WHERE YOU START LOWERING THE WATER CONSUMPTION.

so one meal would look like this.

wake up - 30g protein shake

2.5 hours later - 1 egg yoke and 5 egg whites

POST WORKOUT - 30g protein shake

2 hours later - 5 eggs

pre bed - 1 scoop of caesin.

THAT IT! do that. mix it up also. and drink water a lot of it throughout the day. cut out creatine as it will hold weight. good luck bro!:icon_twis

Eat no vegetables or fruit? No thanks.

Back