207 is now officially garbage

Except that WNBA is not on the same show.

The fact that you stop the show you're watching, specially the main event just because women are in it is what's creepy

Don't let this blow your mind but I have a finite amount of time I get to spend on frivolous entertainment, like sports. This means I have to pick and choose what I want to watch since my time is limited.

I don't spend any time watching beach volleyball competitions because it isn't something that particularly interests me. I'm not mad at beach volleyball, I am indifferent. The same goes for WMMA, its a pass for me.

You can respect female athletes and their success without wanting to follow and pay for it.

Don't let this blow your mind but I have a finite amount of time I get to spend on frivolous entertainment, like sports. This means I have to pick and choose what I want to watch since my time is limited.

I don't spend any time watching beach volleyball competitions because it isn't something that particularly interests me. I'm not mad at beach volleyball, I am indifferent. The same goes for WMMA, its a pass for me.

You can respect female athletes and their success without wanting to follow and pay for it.

I didn't know that you had to buy specific fights too, not just the show lol cmon dude

Dom
No love
Dillashaw
Lineker
Ronda
Nunes
Means
Hendricks
Magny

Still a fun card and still high level fighters with contenderships, titles, and title shots on the line.

I didn't know that you had to buy specific fights too, not just the show lol cmon dude

Stop and use your head. You want to white knight so bad you aren't able to get your reactions straight when another poster is being polite in the face of your brash and uncouth comments.

If a PPV card, which costs $60, has the main and co-main event booked with WMMA, why would someone who doesn't follow WMMA buy it?

I don't have anything against WMMA, and it clearly has a big audience. Thats great. If it were up to me, I would gladly give up a PPV every third month so the UFC could run a stacked WMMA card, then everyone gets what they want. As its booked now, I pick and chose which events to skip.

Chill out. Be less combative with strangers. You'll like it.

Cheers

UFC 207 is not garbage. The Werdum-Cain fight was not the focus of the card. It was always about Ronda. Werdum's last main event fight (UFC 198) earned around 350,000 PPV buys. Werdum is not a major draw. Ronda is (or was--we will see after UFC 207).

What is it with some people not recognizing WMMA's contribution to the UFC's financial bottom line? I will not find fault with anyone not liking WMMA. I do not care for or like to watch numerous sports. I get that aspect. What I cannot understand is some posters inclination to dump on WMMA when it is clear WMMA is providing the UFC and its television partner with tangible financial benefits. Otherwise, the UFC and FOX would cease making WMMA fights as main or co-main events on PPVs, Fox cards or FS1 cards. The UFC is not a charity and with the large debt WME possesses, the new owners would not tolerate the UFC placing WMMA fights on prominent spots on cards if the women did not generate money for the company. Like it or not women are selling. Now we can all question the quality of individual WMMA fights, but that does not distract from the financial bottom line it brings to the UFC.

Stop and use your head. You want to white knight so bad you aren't able to get your reactions straight when another poster is being polite in the face of your brash and uncouth comments.

If a PPV card, which costs $60, has the main and co-main event booked with WMMA, why would someone who doesn't follow WMMA buy it?

I don't have anything against WMMA, and it clearly has a big audience. Thats great. If it were up to me, I would gladly give up a PPV every third month so the UFC could run a stacked WMMA card, then everyone gets what they want. As its booked now, I pick and chose which events to skip.

Chill out. Be less combative with strangers. You'll like it.

Cheers

The difference is that WMMA and Men's MMA aren't two different sports or shows. They are on the same show, on the exact same card with the only difference being the gender of the fighters. Not the same thing as not following women's football or NBA because they are entirely different leagues!

Oh you used the term white knight? That says everything i need to know about you. You my friend are a sexist dickweed, no amount of polite words will change that.

Back