2024 Olympic boxing thread

lmao this judging. almost forgot why this is the last time they're gonna have olympic boxing

Yep. We had a thread a while back if you remember, and some people were like "how can they get rid of boxing but bring in break dancing?" well this is why. Olympic boxing is complete nonsense and i won't be sad to see it go.

oh wow thats rare, definitely dont see that a lot
id still prefer if trans people and intersex people had their own boxing category so as not to have unfair competition for anyone.
Problem is that there aren't enough trans & intersex people to start a category of their own. They're only estimated to be less than a fraction of 1% of the global population.

Problem is that there aren't enough trans & intersex people to start a category of their own. They're only estimated to be less than a fraction of 1% of the global population.

Simple solution: intersex can compete in male sports.

The only reason we have male/female sports is that women are at a physical disadvantage... if this person is not fully female than they is not fully disadvantaged, which means they shouldn't be allowed in female sports.

BTW: "they is not" is proper grammar when using they as a singular. It just sounds stupid, go figure.

Simple solution: intersex can compete in male sports.

The only reason we have male/female sports is that women are at a physical disadvantage... if this person is not fully female than they is not fully disadvantaged, which means they shouldn't be allowed in female sports.

BTW: "they is not" is proper grammar when using they as a singular. It just sounds stupid, go figure.
I'm fine with intersex competing in men's sports rather than women's. Couldn't care less, really. Intersex individuals are the rarest of unicorns. I've never met one in my entire life (that I know of anyway).

We watch mismatches all the time, specially in the women's division, but interestingly enough, both these women have been beaten by non-intersex women before.

Of course in the current political climate their presence in the Olympics will spark outrage and hysterical reactions, but it is what it is: there's no level playing field in sports and they are what they are. I remember when Semenya Caster faced similar adversities.

Born with a vagina, socialized her entire life as a women, and then forced to take hormones to lower her testosterone levels, regardless of a whole lot of negative side effects , to be able to compete.

These women probably went through hell for looking masculine growing up, are infertile, and their "gift" for sports is deemed "unfair" and they're accused of being cheaters and called "trans", even though they aren't, and their advantages are natural...

There’s a guy in the lighter weights, Zambian kid by the name Chiliyemba (?). Dude’s slick asf. Athletic too.
Funny seeing an African with that style.

How did you score Harvey vs Oliveira? I thought it was close but thought that Oliveira would get the decision

We watch mismatches all the time, specially in the women's division, but interestingly enough, both these women have been beaten by non-intersex women before.

Of course in the current political climate their presence in the Olympics will spark outrage and hysterical reactions, but it is what it is: there's no level playing field in sports and they are what they are. I remember when Semenya Caster faced similar adversities.

Born with a vagina, socialized her entire life as a women, and then forced to take hormones to lower her testosterone levels, regardless of a whole lot of negative side effects , to be able to compete.

These women probably went through hell for looking masculine growing up, are infertile, and their "gift" for sports is deemed "unfair" and they're accused of being cheaters and called "trans", even though they aren't, and their advantages are natural...

I have empathy for them, and I agree that their advantage is natural, in the same way a males advantage over a female is also "natural."

It may help to frame the conversation as to where intersex should complete if we compare male/female classes to weight classes.

If someone is "between" weight classes, they fight in the weight class above them. The same should be true if someone is "between" female and male.

It sucks when there's a large gap between weight classes and a fighter is physically at a disadvantage in the weight class they qualify for, but it's better for them to decide to accept that disadvantage and fight anyway than to force a disadvantage on a whole division just to give them a "better chance."

I think a lot of this could be solved with testing hormone levels. If it's within the acceptable range comparable to the average women then compete with the women. The only problem is if you grew up as a male you'll almost always have those physical advantages.

I think a lot of this could be solved with testing hormone levels. If it's within the acceptable range comparable to the average women then compete with the women. The only problem is if you grew up as a male you'll almost always have those physical advantages.
I guess you can test for the sex chromosomes and then hormone levels for the intersex individuals

'Hysterical' was what Lynsey Sharp was accused of being after querying the results of the 2008 Olympic 800M final , the top 3 were all Intersex if the 'Hysterical' meter is swinging back the other way a bit I'm all for it .
I'm sure fighters on PED's have been defeated by clean fighters , that doesn't really make it right with regards to potential risk and actual damage sustained by the clean fighter during the course of those fights .

Poor girl. She trained for years, only to have have dreams stolen from her by a dude(edit- maybe a hermaphrodite?) who was previously disqualified by the IBA.

Edit. Algerian! Probably is not trans. As shael said below, I’m not sure what he/she is?

I do know they were previously disqualified from competition, for elevated testosterone.

Last edited:
Saw some shit on Twitter about the Algerian fighter being born a female with a condition that produces a lot of test. I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Back