• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

I don’t really agree that admitting to being exhausted is making an excuse. It’s the truth. He straight up said “everything was on us today” idk how much more self accountability you can take than that lol. Even Kyrie talked about taking advantage of them possibly being burned out from the Denver series still.
At least he never blamed playing bad because of a toothache. He's 22 and will learn from this.

I didn’t shoot well in the second half,” said Jordan. “I’m having trouble with my teeth. I have a wisdom tooth coming up with the skin on top of it. They are taking care of it tomorrow.

“It bothered me a lot. It really bothered me in the second half and it really kept me from getting into the game. I can’t remember ever going a half without a basket.”

He barely has any accolades which is exactly why bringing up Jordan’s is dumb in the first place. People shouldn’t even bother addressing such an outrageous comparison.

Uh, the point in bringing up the GOAT's accolades is precisely to show how ridiculous the comparisons are and how long it would take in order make any sort of reasonable comparison.

Do you get this upset when you see people make the comparisons? Lol.

“A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.” - Goatwin Lannister

Good point. There's a reason why I've always considered your opinion to be irrelevant.

<seedat>

Not true at all. If I say, we lost because my knee, arm, back was sore and I was tired because of who I was guarding, but I take accountability, those aren’t excuses?

If it’s true it is what it is. Injuries can be a valid excuse so idk where you’re going with that lol. Whether or not they’re the primary reason is debatable. But nobody would fault the warriors for saying they think they could’ve beat Toronto in 19 if they were healthy. You have to draw the line between making excuses and acknowledging reality at some point.

If he said we got out worked would that be making an excuse too? If he said we lost cuz we’re burned out from the Denver series and took no accountability then sure that’s making excuses. But he said they came out flat and it’s on them lol.

If it’s true it is what it is. Injuries can be a valid excuse so idk where you’re going with that lol. Whether or not they’re the primary reason is debatable. But nobody would fault the warriors for saying they think they could’ve beat Toronto in 19 if they were healthy. You have to draw the line between making excuses and acknowledging reality at some point.

If he said we got out worked would that be making an excuse too? If he said we lost cuz we’re burned out from the Denver series and took no accountability then sure that’s making excuses. But he said they came out flat and it’s on them lol.
What a reach lol. Yes those are excuses when you say you are “sore” and “tired”. Everyone is sore and tired at this point and not 100%. He didn’t bring up being out worked or that the mavs played better than them today (which are not excuses), he said he was simply tired and they came out flat. No one asked if he was tired, he brought it up himself lol, so yes an excuse. Everyone was tired

Uh, the point in bringing up the GOAT's accolades is precisely to show how ridiculous the comparisons are and how long it would take in order make any sort of reasonable comparison.

Do you get this upset when you see people make the comparisons? Lol.

Good point. There's a reason why I've always considered your opinion to be irrelevant.

<seedat>

goats or people in the goat conversations resumes speak for themselves. People shouldn’t even feel the need to bring it up against a 22 year old lol. Jordan fanboys are the only ones who do this, it’s really bizarre. Gretzky, Brady, Mahomo, Messi, Djokavic, Tiger etc fans never rushed to pull up stats when McGayvid, Alcarez, Caleb and Rory burst onto the scene in their early 20s.

What a reach lol. Yes those are excuses when you say you are “sore” and “tired”. Everyone is sore and tired at this point and not 100%. He didn’t bring up being out worked or that the mavs played better than them today (which are not excuses), he said he was simply tired and they came out flat. No one asked if he was tired, he brought it up himself lol, so yes an excuse. Everyone was tired

He also said it’s on them lol. Idk how you can call taking accountability making excuses.

I literally explained it but oh well, guess you can’t comprehend.

All you said was everyone is tired and didn’t mention that he said it’s on them.

“we came out flat it’s on us”

“I was open tonight and didn’t make shots”

“Jaden was the only one who came ready to play tonight”

saying ant is out here making excuses is the only reach.

All you said was everyone is tired and didn’t mention that he said it’s on them.

“we came out flat it’s on us”

“I was open tonight and didn’t make shots”

“Jaden was the only one who came ready to play tonight”

saying ant is out here making excuses is the only reach.
A reach? Go ahead and look at the news on every platform. It’s everywhere bro, no matter how much you refuse to accept it. Shaq and crew discussed it right away last night also. Try again

goats or people in the goat conversations resumes speak for themselves. People shouldn’t even feel the need to bring it up against a 22 year old lol. Jordan fanboys are the only ones who do this, it’s really bizarre. Gretzky, Brady, Mahomo, Messi, Djokavic, Tiger etc fans never rushed to pull up stats when McGayvid, Alvarez, Caleb and Rory burst onto the scene in their early 20s.

I think you'd be surprised actually. It usually happens when the comparisons are between a current player and someone that's been retired for some time. For instance, when Tiger was coming up there were quite a few people reminding everyone of players like Jack and what their accomplishments were. People would absolutely remind you of Gretzky's accomplishments if you tried to compare McDavid to him. The fact you only think this is a Jordan phenomenon is strange. Anyone that says "X is the next Novak, Nadal or Federer" is swiftly brought back to reality by fans.

Let's be honest, what happened is you saw that list of accomplishments and realized just how ridiculous it is. It set something off deep inside of you and now you're lashing out. It's unfortunate to see but there's nothing I can do about it.

Most hilarious thing is the talking heads and fans using the excuse he was “tired” so that’s the reason he wasn’t good last night lmao. Gotta pump the brakes with the MJ comparison lol.

MJ was more wiry when he was young, with a seemingly endless motor. ANT is carrying more muscle and might get tired in a situation where Jordan wouldn't. Same as fighters, those muscles take oxygen to fuel.

I think you'd be surprised actually. It usually happens when the comparisons are between a current player and someone that's been retired for some time. For instance, when Tiger was coming up there were quite a few people reminding everyone of players like Jack and what their accomplishments were. People would absolutely remind you of Gretzky's accomplishments if you tried to compare McDavid to him. The fact you only think this is a Jordan phenomenon is strange. Anyone that says "X is the next Novak, Nadal or Federer" is swiftly brought back to reality by fans.

Let's be honest, what happened is you saw that list of accomplishments and realized just how ridiculous it is. It set something off deep inside of you and now you're lashing out. It's unfortunate to see but there's nothing I can do about it.
Exactly, it hapoens in most sports so idk what he is even talking about at this point. Look at the tennis discussion with Djoker, Nadal, Fed being compared at different stages of their career. Alcaraz is even being compared to them lol.
Also, Brady was already compared to Montana, Peyton, etc. when he was 1/4 through his career. Way premature but the discussion was always there.

Made pork carnitas but its pretty much fajitas for lunch, its delicious.

Figured I'd post something more relevant than a sports star from 96 or tennis

Made pork carnitas but its pretty much fajitas for lunch, its delicious.

Figured I'd post something more relevant than a sports star from 96 or tennis
Tell your boy not to bring up other sports or Djokovic then next time

A reach? Go ahead and look at the news on every platform. It’s everywhere bro, no matter how much you refuse to accept it. Shaq and crew discussed it right away last night also. Try again

Most media is garbage anyways and runs with stuff like the ant/jordcan comp in the first place. Was watching Can Patrick this morning and he mentioned how he thought what ant said was dumb even if its likely true. Idk to me saying it’s on us and acknowledging reality isn’t some sorry excuse. Doing things like blaming the refs is way more lame to me. Which ironically gets praised these days cuz everyone hates the officials lol

It’s an excuse if you don’t take accountability. Saying “we came out flat, it’s entirely on us” is taking accountability as much as you can lol.

Tim Legler was pointing out this morning how the Wolves did not come out flat. They scored 33 in the first Qtr and the arena was rocking. They hit eleven 3's in the first half alone.

Most media is garbage anyways and runs with stuff like the ant/jordcan comp in the first place. Was watching Can Patrick this morning and he mentioned how he thought what ant said was dumb even if its likely true. Idk to me saying it’s on us and acknowledging reality isn’t some sorry excuse. Doing things like blaming the refs is way more lame to me. Which ironically gets praised these days cuz everyone hates the officials lol
Its an industry fueled by nostalgia and hating on the current crop of players. It doesnt matter the sport. If you're exceptional its all heat all the time because they dont want human beings. They want a finished product with every accolade under the sun whos never said a wrong word. They're imbeciles with small biseps.

Fair enough, I agree most media is garbage but it’s not only media bringing it up. It also is amplified because Ant is so cocky and literally brought up Kyrie + the whole Murray handcuffs comments. I just think he’s better off not even bringing up being tired because of this.

Tiger was a bit of an anomaly tbf. He was expected to be the next goat since he was a kid.

Back