Elections 2024 GOP Primary Thread: South Carolina GOP votes to move back their 2024 primary

Which candidate would you currently support in the 2024 primary (pick 3)?

• Total voters
Good. The GOP needs to keep Trump’s name out if their mouths.

He already signed Bill 7066. It wasn't about mail in ballots, it was about counting after the election, and "finding votes". But they caught them red handed bringing fake votes to Palm beach and broward county

https://www.natlawreview.com/articl...senate-bill-7066-makes-significant-additional

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2019/7066/ByVersion

edit: I do agree about the lowering the flags for Rush, was cringe. But don't think anyone will bring up or care in 2024.
I was talking about the bills he was proposing. The one you listed is from 2019 and was made law in 2019. They were already in place for the last election.
https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/d...voting-restrictions-despite-november-success/
These deal with Mail in Ballots.

I was talking about the bills he was proposing. The one you listed is from 2019 and was made law in 2019. They were already in place for the last election.
https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/d...voting-restrictions-despite-november-success/
These deal with Mail in Ballots.

I know. I was saying I support those he passed into law in 2019, which is why 2020 went smoothly, and wasn't a cluster fuck like other states, with voting going on days after, ballots with no chain of custody, needing ID, signature matching, etc. The new laws will only further that.

Even if HR1 passes the senate, I suspect it will be over turned by the courts. Given what happened in FL, he can use that as a talking point and further rally those who are Trump supporters (75 million). Plus De Santis had even made public comments commenting on the potential fraud. He again called it out at CPAC, talking about FL's election integrity. Or should I say voter suppression as that is the new phrase the left likes to parrot, like disenfranchisement.

Last edited:
Super early but there's going to be some articles I want to post/ discuss that might not be worth making a whole thread for.

Possible Candidates
Donald Trump (Former President)
Mike Pence (Former Vice President/ Former IN Governor)
Mike Pompeo (Former Secretary of State)
Nikki Haley (UN Ambassador/ Former SC Governor)
Ron DeSantis (FL Governor)
Larry Hogan (MD Governor)
Charlie Baker (MA Governor)
Mike DeWine (OH Governor)
Ted Cruz (TX Senator)
Rick Scott (FL Senator/ Former FL Governor)
Marco Rubio (FL Senator)
Ben Sasse (NE Senator)
Mike Lee (UT Senator)
Rand Paul (KY Senator)
Mitt Romney (UT Senator/ Former MA Governor)
Josh Hawley (MO Senator)
Tom Cotton (AL Senator)
Tim Scott (SC Senator)
Matt Gaetz (FL House Representative)
Liz Cheney (WY House Representative)
Dan Crenshaw (TX House Representative)

Other related thread:
Nikki Haley’s Time for Choosing
The (2024) Presidential Race Florida Is Really Talking About

Cotton is an AR senator

Arkansas

Edit AR

Also why not have Donald Jr as an option? If Trump doesnt run then there is a strong chance his oldest son will. Ivanka wasent at CPAC and isnt a man or down with the base. Ivanka is also left leaning

Liberals can not help but inject their unwanted, useless opinions in everything

I'd like to back someone else besides Trump, but most of these idiots are just bitch made

Trump/Flynn

Cotton is an AR senator

Arkansas

Edit AR

Also why not have Donald Jr as an option? If Trump doesnt run then there is a strong chance his oldest son will. Ivanka wasent at CPAC and isnt a man or down with the base. Ivanka is also left leaning

Thanks.

I decided to not list people who haven’t held office until they file to run. There’s always wild speculation about those people that usually doesn’t pan out. We just found out Ivanka isn’t running for Florida senate after that being all over the place for months. Don Jr could very well be the same case.

Larry Hogan would actually beat the Democrat but the base is too loony for him to win a primary.

this thread is Lead trying to have a legit discussion, and then people with severe TDS
Tbh, there isn't too much to talk about. I mainly wanted to kick this off because of that PAC move by Trump. I would think most of the stories for the next year will be decisions Trump more than anything else. Any election thread usually gets filled with party x or candidate x is terrible or something along those line.

edit: I don't see Kristi Noem on your list. She has a much better shot than some others on the list

Yea, I knew I was missing some lady but couldn't recall her name and kept thinking it was someone in the senate.

Thanks.

I decided to not list people who haven’t held office until they file to run. There’s always wild speculation about those people that usually doesn’t pan out. We just found out Ivanka isn’t running for Florida senate after that being all over the place for months. Don Jr could very well be the same case.

How sad. I wanted Senator Ivanka, I wonder why she scared. Lara Trump is still eyeing the NC vacant seat though

How sad. I wanted Senator Ivanka, I wonder why she scared. Lara Trump is still eyeing the NC vacant seat though

She can passively be involved in politics without as much stress or the work of being a Senator. I've never seen her express real interest in holding an office. Just seems to be something to media like to speculate.

I'd like to back someone else besides Trump, but most of these idiots are just bitch made
The best Republican 2024 nominee imo would be somebody who cares more about governing than owning the libs.

The best Republican 2024 nominee imo would be somebody who cares more about governing than owning the libs.

<[analyzed}>

Realized how silly that comment was before the edit, eh?

She can passively be involved in politics without as much stress or the work of being a Senator. I've never seen her express real interest in holding an office. Just seems to be something to media like to speculate.

Also true. But Lara seems interested. So does Don Jr but idk if he will ever pull the trigger

Decided to get straight to the point.

Oh really? So it makes sense to say "I wouldn't vote for a republican if the universe depended on it" then right after "The best Republican 2024 nominee imo would be somebody who cares more about governing than owning the libs"

I think you need some internal reflection if you don't see the parallel with the group you hate in that case.

Back