News 2022 PFL World Championship (ESPN+ PPV, November 25th, 2022)

Schulte Vs Jeremy Stephens is going to be violent as fuck.

Best they can find for Dakota is some 1-0 33 year old who last fought in China three years ago. I'm so glad she chose PFL.

I guess I missed Marlon Moraes signing with PFL..

People are gonna criticize PFL for PPV but this card isn't terrible. I mean Bubba Jenkins co-maining a PPV card sounds crazy, but people out here spending $70 on UFC PPV cards that aren't always that spectacular on paper. I think their success will rely on the price and their promotion.

PPV...What a horrible idea. Good card, though.

If they sell 80K-100K PPVs, I think you can count that as a success. By all accounts even the UFC’s best PPV this year sold around 400-500k

I guess I missed Marlon Moraes signing with PFL..

People are gonna criticize PFL for PPV but this card isn't terrible. I mean Bubba Jenkins co-maining a PPV card sounds crazy, but people out here spending $70 on UFC PPV cards that aren't always that spectacular on paper. I think their success will rely on the price and their promotion.
Its a pretty good card, as good as PFL can put together. Its much better than an average Fight Night, the problem is that they have zero name value. They are doing 300k views for free with Kayla headlining, IDK how many people will actually pay to see them.

Its a pretty good card, as good as PFL can put together. Its much better than an average Fight Night, the problem is that they have zero name value. They are doing 300k views for free with Kayla headlining, IDK how many people will actually pay to see them.
If we take the example of boxing, the only way any of the 4 belts got legitimized and people started watching the fights is when they took a reigning champ from the bigger belt.

All in all, until someone steals a reigning UFC champ, aka your Ngannou, no one will watch besides the hardcore which you can probably get around 100-150 max if you are very lucky

people should be throwing the bag at Ngannou. 8-10 million maybe per bout? Let them get gate and PPV split like in boxing and put the event on in Las Vegas or New York

Its a good card but its not Kayla/Cyborg and the main event matters. I guess we will really see what kind of draw Kayla is and also how much ESPN pushes this. Probably push it during UFC or NFL, will Kayla get First Take Love etc?

Even if its 40-50 dollars most hardcore fans aint gonna buy it when they can stream it. PFL gets like 150-350k viewers depending on time/card/lead in etc. 100k has been the magic number that Affliction and Bellator really couldnt get above they tried PPV. WIll PFL?

MMA history has not been kind to non UFC MMA PPV's.

Most of those PPV's had a hell of a lot more star power than what PFL is putting out there.

Won't be shocked if this did between 10K-20K. I think anything over 50K would have to be considered a success.

I'd be more worried about alienating the fan base that supported the product all year and now you want them to spend 40 or 50 bucks or whatever to see the end.

If this is $24-29.99, sure.

If it's a penny more, no.

Nothing says ppv like having a main event a trilogy of a fight no one cares about the first 2 times

Hahahahhaahhaha!!!! PPV …. Christ …

My prediction 10-15k sales at 24.99 … if they go the $39.99 route this is a bigger disaster than expected

Yeah there is no way I would pay to watch a PFL card other than going to it live. They have been pretty awful and the only fights I care about is Wilkinson and Luaghnane vs Jenkins.

Unless this is $19.99 this card barely gets 5-6k buys. Even then it might be hard to pull those numbers. No one outside of hardcore (think dream FC type fans) know what or who the PFL is. The only thing they have going for it is the day after thanksgiving and people might want some sports to watch at the house.

Yeah there is no way I would pay to watch a PFL card other than going to it live. They have been pretty awful and the only fights I care about is Wilkinson and Luaghnane vs Jenkins.

Unless this is $19.99 this card barely gets 5-6k buys. Even then it might be hard to pull those numbers. No one outside of hardcore (think dream FC type fans) know what or who the PFL is. The only thing they have going for it is the day after thanksgiving and people might want some sports to watch at the house.
And it's Black Friday. College ftball. I'm not a soccer but USA plays England that night as well

So one of the Showcase bouts has to be Werdum right?

I mean Bubba Jenkins co-maining a PPV card sounds crazy, but people out here spending $70 on UFC PPV cards that aren't always that spectacular on paper.
There is no UFC brand though, so this all comes down to the talent. Aside from Kayla Harrison, none of the million dollar fights will garner casual interest.

If they sell 80K-100K PPVs, I think you can count that as a success. By all accounts even the UFC’s best PPV this year sold around 400-500k
100k is a huge amount. That isn't much less than their viewership on ESPN.

It'll be more of a question of how deep in the 5 digits they get into. If they get 80k+ then a lot of promotions will start doing PPV in USA.

Back