News 2022 PFL World Championship (ESPN+ PPV, November 25th, 2022)

Went to the PFL website and got the list of countries that it's free on youtube.

Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Tajikistan, Sri Lanka, Slovakia, Portugal, Philippines, Panama, Nepal, Moldova, Maldives, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Honduras, Haiti, Guatemala, Georgia, El Salvador, Czech Republic, Cuba, Bhutan, Belgium, Belarus, Bangladesh, Azerbaijan

Solid - Nice & Easy!

<JackieThumbsUp>

I think it means Bell PPV? No idea. It's been on TSN all season.

For USA folks this would be like them saying it's on Comcast because Bell is a provider, not a channel...
Seems weird to change just for the finals.

Maybe I'll have to VPN my way to Bhutan or some shit.

This tweet and Sherdog ads is about all the promoting they have done for this PPV.

crazy that this bout between two boxers most people have never heard off got both 1 million while it’s a big deal with MMa

lol they are artificially pumping up their numbers. They are gonna say 100k+ bought the PPV when it’s all gonna be bars getting it for free

I wish I had known this last night. There were a bunch places nearby that I could have watch this instead of some shitty stream.

I wish I had known this last night. There were a bunch places nearby that I could have watch this instead of some shitty stream.

It wasnt in all bars.

It wasnt in all bars.

A lot of them were listed as having ESPN+ on the Joe Hand Promotions site, but PFL didn't bother putting this info on their site.

Watching Morning Kombat today they were not so sure the grand prize in PFL is actually 1 million USD on top of their fight purses, like saying its 1 million if you win the whole thing, not 1 million on top, like i would have thought, and how it works for Bellator GP's, what is it? sounds odd it its not, considering they really market that part of their season, the grand prize at the end.

Watching Morning Kombat today they were not so sure the grand prize in PFL is actually 1 million USD on top of their fight purses, like saying its 1 million if you win the whole thing, not 1 million on top, like i would have thought, and how it works for Bellator GP's, what is it? sounds odd it its not, considering they really market that part of their season, the grand prize at the end.
It's not a million-dollar check, this has been known for a while from Sean O'Connell talked about it. It's 1 million minus whatever your payouts were in the semifinals and finals.

>O’Connell confirmed MMAjunkie’s previous reporting of how he received his $1 million. O’Connell said he was paid $100,000 after his semifinals victory, which he called “walk-around money.” On the night of his finals win over Vinny Magalhaes, O’Connell said he received another $100,000. Once the New York State Athletic Commission received drug test results, O’Connell said he was paid the remaining $800,000, for a total of $1 million.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...onds-to-jon-fitch-pfl-1-million-dollars-claim

The Bellator 1 million is just a one million on top of whatever you made with show and win.

At the end of the day, it's marketing. It sounds better to say they get 1 million then 800K or 600K or whatever

Last edited:
Any idea when they are disclosing the PPV numbers?

Any idea when they are disclosing the PPV numbers?
Never, just like ONE never disclosed the PPV numbers for their ONE X show or any of their Amazon Prime ones.

UFC doesn’t either anymore to be fair, if you don’t put out any info, you can say whatever you want

Lol so Pettis on 750K per bout would literally not make anything extra?

Loughnane was on a 85/85K contract so he essentially made 660K extra for winning the final

Last edited:
Never, just like ONE never disclosed the PPV numbers for their ONE X show or any of their Amazon Prime ones.

UFC doesn’t either anymore to be fair, if you don’t put out any info, you can say whatever you want
If the number was even halfway good, then they would publicized it. Since they have not said anything other than it was "successful", that leads me to believe that it was probably pretty low.

If the number was even halfway good, then they would publicized it. Since they have not said anything other than it was "successful", that leads me to believe that it was probably pretty low.
I mean let’s just be honest it didn’t do well for sure. It’s PFL. They have like 500k followers on Instagram and struggle to even get 5k likes on a post during an event. I think it was a good card and it def captured some buzz in the American mma world for a little bit but that’s pretty much it. I like what they’re doing but PPV for a small mma promotion who is probably #4 in mma in terms of social media following and likes gathered, is just not a good idea.

Back