• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2021 motor racing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottas was fastest in fp1 and max was fastest in fp2 before he caused a red flag. Looks like he damaged his suspension, but that’s about it. They put in a new power unit, but that should be fine. I haven’t heard if he is blaming the crash on the mercs yet.

Another huge crash at Eau Rouge/Radillion today, in W series.

Seems all involved were ok and got out of the cars themselves.

Man. That is crazy. Glad everyone is okay. That one that came in at the end could have done some serious damage. Yikes.

Bottas was fastest in fp1 and max was fastest in fp2 before he caused a red flag. Looks like he damaged his suspension, but that’s about it. They put in a new power unit, but that should be fine. I haven’t heard if he is blaming the crash on the mercs yet.

;)I'm sure Christian Horner will find some way to blame somebody else.
<YeahOKJen>

Was there rain? What caused them all to run so wide?

Several teams, including the Mercedes, put in their third powerplant to run this weekend. They are saying rain is likely for the weekend so some teams are using higher down force setups to run better on a wet track. Some teams ran their intermediate tires in practice. Their weather guessers must be under a lot of pressure.

Was there rain? What caused them all to run so wide?
Yeah, it started raining but only in that sector of the track apparently. The tyres they use in that series aren't great either, which obviously doesn't help.

Yeah, it started raining but only in that sector of the track apparently. The tyres they use in that series aren't great either, which obviously doesn't help.

Half the track soaked in rain while the other half is bone dry is peak Spa.

Also on this weekend is MotoGP at Silverstone, back from their summer break. Championship leader Fabio Quartararo was fastest in Friday practice and is the on-form driver this year. The next few races will be especially telling for the championship, as he appears to be both the fastest but also most consistent driver in the field.

I think the Formula One teams get two sets of intermediate tires and one set of full wets for the weekend. They are running on intermediate tires in the third practice session. They might have to use them in Qualifying and rain is forecast for tomorrow. Teams have had trouble making the 3 sets last through a race. What if they have to qualify and race in the rain. I don't know how many extra tires Pirelli has on hand even if the FIA allowed them to use another set.

I think I just heard the announcers say the teams are allowed 4 sets of intermediates and 2 sets of wet tires for this weekend.

Correction, 4 and 3.

Last edited:
Norris destroyed his car in Q3 after having the fastest time in Q2.

Watch Q3 get canceled and Lewis gets P1 after they almost bottled Q2.

I'd be surprised if someone doesn't go off in this

I thought Russel was going to hold the pole as Verstappen hadn't been good in sector 3 but he pulled it out.

I thought Russel was going to hold the pole as Verstappen hadn't been good in sector 3 but he pulled it out.
Williams nailed it by putting him out on fresh warm tires at the end with the car fully charged then Russell having the skill to nail the lap in one go. I am sure Lewis is not wanting him as a teammate next year.

Russel>>>Hamilton>>>>>>>>>>>Bottas

Russell GOAT. This is his chance to kamikaze Verstappen into turn one and show Mercedes he has what it takes to replace Bottas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back