2021 Heavies Awards: Fighter Of The Year - Winner: Charles Oliveira

Who’s Your 2021 Fighter of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kamaru Usman :
3 title defenses
#1 p4p ranking
K.O. over a fighter that had never been ko'd previously.
Beat the fighter that many pundits claimed was his equal, again.

I've watched Oliveira since his ufc debut and waited for him to live up to the hype and he's finally done it. Legitimately happy for him and rooting for his continued success. But I can't place his 2 wins above Usman’s 3 wins.

I've watched Oliveira since his ufc debut and waited for him to live up to the hype and he's finally done it. Legitimately happy for him and rooting for his continued success. But I can't place his 2 wins above Usman’s 3 wins.

Solid. Pretty much how I see it for the most part.

Cyril Gane, the newly crowned heavyweight champion, who won more fights than any of the other choices is not on this poll?
Shit thread.

Voted for Oliveira. It was just a great story and journey. Winning the vacant belt is the culmination of all his hard work and perseverance, defending it against Poirier, who many believed was the #1 LW in the world was a validation. What a way to prove the doubters wrong and prove that he's a true champion.

Oliviera went from dark horse in the division to defending champ, and a lot of folks didn't think he was the number one guy even when he had the belt, myself included. His big wins straightened out a division that was messy after Khabib's departure.

Back