2021 Heavies Awards: Fight of the Year(winner: Gaethje vs Chandler)

Your 2021 heavies fight of the year

• Santiago Ponzinibbio def. Miguel Baeza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mads Burnell def. Emmanuel Sanchez

• Spike Carlyle def. Dan Moret

• Jose Aldo def. Rob Font

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well,it was a short one,but Fedor is life,and Fedor is love.
It was short, which is a good thing! I would have a heart attack if it was a long fight!!
But the sweet combination he caught Tim with... at the stage Fedor is.... it made my whole year, man!!!
it was a fucking privilege to watch the Emperor in 2021 !!!

I know folks will say he already won one but...

Ddbnl8R.gif

I was outta my seat walking round the Living Room... doing...

<{JustBleed}>
I couldnt believe what I'd just seen. There was no tell on that elbow. I just rocketed out of hell,and banished Reyes to the shadow realms

It was short, which is a good thing! I would have a heart attack if it was a long fight!!
But the sweet combination he caught Tim with... at the stage Fedor is.... it made my whole year, man!!!
it was a fucking privilege to watch the Emperor in 2021 !!!
Since the rampage fight,he's looked lighter on the feet,and the hand speed is back baby

View attachment 901694
So many amazing and exciting moments have happened this year, and it has been my honor to share them with all of you. Whether it's a great knock out, a quick submission, or even a DOCTA STOPPAGE!!!! sharing those experiences makes it that much better. But let's be honest, nothing really beats an inspired back and forth where neither fighter wants to give an inch and both give their sacrafice to the JBG. So I would like to thank the PBP CREW and the ENTIRE sherdog community for sharing these candidates for FIGHT OF THE YEAR with me.
tumblr_n8cyufvUbU1svcccto3_500.gif

• Jan. 20 | Mike Davis def. Mason Jones via UD | UFC on ESPN 20
  • May 1 | Jiri Prochazka def. Dominick Reyes R2 4:29 via KO (Spinning Back Elbow) | UFC on ESPN 23
  • May 15 | Charles Oliveira def. Michael Chandler R2 0:10 via TKO (Punches) | UFC 262
  • June 5 | Santiago Ponzinibbio def. Miguel Baeza by UD | UFC Fight Night 189
  • July 24 | T.J. Dillashaw def. Cory Sandhagen via SD | UFC on ESPN 27
  • July 31 | Mads Burnell def. Emmanuel Sanchez via UD | Bellator 263
    Sanchez-Burnell.jpg
    mads-burnell-blue-gloves-and-emmanuel-sanchez-red-gloves-during-263-picture-id1234365478

Voting ends in 5 days!!!!!
Much luv
REBELFETT
tumblr_psmqshCNuT1xn7nzzo2_r1_500.gifv

Nice Papa gif my friend

Chandler has worked out so well for the ufc. Great signing. Brings the action every single fight win or lose.
Absolutely, all of Chandler’s fights have been bangers. I can’t help but wonder if he could’ve accomplished more and been in better form if he’d come to the UFC 3-4 years earlier though. But he’s still an elite and dangerous fighter, and super fun to watch.

haters, man!!! All of them!

But we know who's the GOAT!
And he does not need Validation!!

God damn right sir.
He'll always be the best, no matter what people say.
The ones that watched him know, even if they say different.

FEDOR FTW

Voted Holloway vs. Rodriguez. It was 5 rounds, technical, exciting, momentum swings and an underdog who showed exactly who he was after a long time away from the game.

Close fight too.
I went with Gaethje vs Chandler but this fight made me pause and really consider it as well. Yair was better than expected. Max was Max. Fantastic showing by both.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Back