2021 Heavies Awards: Fight of the Year(winner: Gaethje vs Chandler)

Your 2021 heavies fight of the year

• Santiago Ponzinibbio def. Miguel Baeza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mads Burnell def. Emmanuel Sanchez

• Spike Carlyle def. Dan Moret

• Jose Aldo def. Rob Font

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Olivera vs Chandler

I love comeback beatdowns, and Olivera was getting worked before the 1st round ended- i can still remember various sequences of the fight months later.

Olivera is my current favourite on the roater. Always liked him, even when he was skinny with those flailing crazy legs on the ground, kind of a novelty/throwback fighter then... Now he's knocking big hitters out, and still hasn't lost a step with the BJJ... Awesome.

Also i have a short attention span so short fights are great.

Lot of great fights last year, but its hard to top a good old fashioned toe to toe slugfest. Gaethje vs Chandler for me.

I had to go Volk/Ortega.

I don't think I've yelled as loudly at a TV in a long time as I did when Volk got locked into those two submissions from Ortega.

Gaethje Chandler is a bit overrated imo.

Rounds 1 & 2 were great, but round 3 was complete ass. People forget that people were booing that round.

I say Volk/ Ortega or Holloway/ Yair.

Gaethje Chandler is a bit overrated imo.

Rounds 1 & 2 were great, but round 3 was complete ass. People forget that people were booing that round.

I say Volk/ Ortega or Holloway/ Yair.

The people booing that round were crazy
That round was still amazing, the slam gaethje reversed, chandler eating a big shot and almost falling
Cant believe people gonna judge that harshly because they spent the last 1 minute coasting, after such an amazing fight

Going with Yan vs Cory because it was a technically brilliant fight as well and not just throwing bombs with no strategy like a bar fight as Chandler/Gayche was.

The people booing that round were crazy
That round was still amazing, the slam gaethje reversed, chandler eating a big shot and almost falling
Cant believe people gonna judge that harshly because they spent the last 1 minute coasting, after such an amazing fight
Pretty sure the slam was in round 2 right?

Even still, rounds 1 & 2 were definitely great, but not like the best rounds I've ever seen or anything. Not even close.
It was a 7.5/10 fight all things considered imo.
People act like it was equivalent to Hendo vs Shogun or something .

Went with Volkanovski vs. Ortega. I was excited for it after they coached on The Ultimate Fighter. Solid action throughout. They both left it all in the octagon. Vokanovski got the well-deserved victory and Ortega gave it everything he had.

Pretty sure the slam was in round 2 right?

Even still, rounds 1 & 2 were definitely great, but not like the best rounds I've ever seen or anything. Not even close.
It was a 7.5/10 fight all things considered imo.
People act like it was equivalent to Hendo vs Shogun or something .

The slam was in the 3 minutes mark of the third round

I though it was a great fight, for 3 rounds one of the best ever
First round was insane, chandler looking amazing, gaethje comeback in the 2nd
Plus the MSG screaming at every single blow, it sure helped the experience

Gaethje VS Chandler

Started off technically sound, then went into JBG worship mode... and some how still reached the final bell

Had me screaming like a fan girl after a long while.

10/10

Thanks for the thread @Rebelfett. i went with Max/Yair because Hawaiian.

yErsEQO.gif

@Substance Abuse

Ortega Volk for me.

As good as Gaethje Chandler was, I never thought ay any point Chandler would win. Thought Gaethe -Poirier was better also.

Back