2020s Four Kings Lightweight Division

Because no ones shelling out ppv money to watch Colbert and his stupid hair.
Also ranking systems have the 5 guys I named as the top 5 Lightweighs in the world and you also have Tank and Garcia screaming at each other on Tysons podcast has millions of views.
These are the fights ppl want.
So top 5 guys fighting each other I dont see the problem.
My money is on Tank fighting another Super Featherweight coming up to lightweight or a career featherweight coming up to super feather and still avoiding anyone of note at lightweight

The answer is either Garcia or Haney btw. I think it'll prob be Garcia but both guys are so young. I asked my bro he thinks Garcia is the odd man out too, but it's close. I think the first three are bonafide.

Btw this isn't a bad question. I know we're talking about atg's here but some ppl are taking the comparison too literally imo. I get the sentiment of the op tho and it's not just b/c he's a fellow Broner Brodie. I got your back D.

The answer is either Garcia or Haney btw. I think it'll prob be Garcia but both guys are so young. I asked my bro he thinks Garcia is the odd man out too, but it's close. I think the first three are bonafide.

Btw this isn't a bad question. I know we're talking about atg's here but some ppl are taking the comparison too literally imo. I get the sentiment of the op tho and it's not just b/c he's a fellow Broner Brodie. I got your back D.
You understand.
When two really intelligent guys talk shop it's hard for these lesser-thans, these fuckin heathens, to follow.
Sometimes you got to dumb it down for the ignorant man.

You understand.
When two really intelligent guys talk shop it's hard for these lesser-thans, these fuckin heathens, to follow.
Sometimes you got to dumb it down for the ignorant man.
Hey man, full homo, you would fit in perfectly w/ my friend group. You and @HandNoise that shit would be hilarious I'm telling you broo the banter would be fire.

I was just talking to my bro about some savage shit about eating Salma Hayek's shaved off muff hair in order to fuck her and I was like Dejulez and them would prob be into this convo no doubt.

People act like all those fights in the 80s happened back to back to back in like a 2 year span or something. Those fights were spread throughout the decade. It is going to be spread out with this era as well, yet we will see 1 if not 2 of them within the next 18 months IMO.

Crazy thing is no one even mentioned Shakur (will be the best at the end of it all IMO) who can easily be a 135lber and Chris Colbert who is a supreme talent in his own right.

Also still have the likes of Loma and Gary Russel Jr as well.

i dont doubt it. Great fighter, can't even stomach how people rave about Mayweathers defense when I've seen Benitez. Too bad he lacked a chin, power, dedication and drive but he was special. Sugar Ray still says that physically the Benitez fight was his toughest, never could understand why really but that's what he and his right hand man, Mike Trainer, have always said. Of course he beat a disinterested Duran and lost to Tommy, would have been interesting if he'd showed the dedication these other guys did, what would have happened. Sugar Ray said the only time Benitez was lucid when he saw him a few years ago it was only to tell him that he didn't train for him, so you know it had to have some truth to it.

I Think his chin was very solid up until he started to deteriorate. Almost bled out before being stopped in the 15th against Leonard, and went the distance with Hearns taking many rights on the button throughout the fight. One of the many fucked up shit his dad used to do was make him spar grown ass men often times with a size advantage while in his young teen years. His body started to take damage from an early age. His power I think was decent.

Benitez is my old mans all time favorite. He is obviously very biased so I could only go by what he used to tell me until I watched tape myself. Benitez was a tough guy and at his best my dad used to stress how pretty his style was and his ability to hop in the inside and back out in perfect rhythm. With his movement and his offense he gave Leonard a hell of a fight. Leonard always mentions how he’d never miss so many punches in any fight ever. My old man used to tell me Leonard purposely threw his sister at Benitez to keep him unfocused. I don’t know if there’s any truth to that but as soon as the fight was over it was bye bye, and I doubt Benitez would of taken the fight as serious or legit try to destroy Leonard while dating his sister. He was in a way pretty innocent and kind even if he liked the good life and was into drugs. Rarely did he try to put beating on guys often signaling the ref to stop the fight when his opponent was done and holding them to make sure they didn’t fall in a violent way.

I don’t know how uninterested Duran was but I think he was never going to beat Benitez. His best weight was LW and the other fights he lost at higher weights was just a smaller great guy losing to a bigger great guy, of course taking in consideration how good he was at these higher weight classes and how he carried his pop with him. I don’t see any other way around it, Benitez boxed him up and took him where Duran was notoriously most dangerous, The ropes! He called him in and Duran went in to work and could barely touch Benitez, Benitez called him a second time and Duran waves him back to the middle of the ring, unheard of for such a killer.

Aaayye I'm here everything is gonna be okay for everybody. The cafeteria is serving homemade tuna casserole and I just stanked up the ole fingering fingers on a sr w/ a blowout and I'm only a fucking Fresssshhmmaaann. All the boys take a sniff, it's a nickel apiece.

I went down a Duran rabbit hole recently. Great fighter, not as exciting as I thought. Good inside fighter tho. Underrated boxer as well.

Why don’t you think he was as exciting? I love me some Duran, imo the best LW. Dude was a savage, watching him work in tue inside was like art. Most people who don’t watch enough of him just think he was a gifted brawler with good hand and foot speed and power in both hands but the mans was art. That offensive variety, that long leading jab to half faint a long overhand right just to turn it into a vicious right uppercut right on the button on his opponent ducking what he thought was a overhand right. And that constant head movement!

another mention of a guy who gets overlooked in that department is Gomez, impecable head movement and foot work, in his prime he was barely touchable, he was so fluid with his movement and his defense in general but his power took all the attention away of his other abilities. Master of the “here’s a short left hook, sike bitch! Elbow on the chin while the ref can’t see from his angle“ <Lmaoo>

Hey man, full homo, you would fit in perfectly w/ my friend group. You and @HandNoise that shit would be hilarious I'm telling you broo the banter would be fire.

I was just talking to my bro about some savage shit about eating Salma Hayek's shaved off muff hair in order to fuck her and I was like Dejulez and them would prob be into this convo no doubt.

A man of nature loves himself a lil bush here and there as long as it aint werewolf level. I’d love to hit Hayek but Idkw about that spider hair bro, It can cost me more in the long run. Imagine getting home after smashing Hayek fat brown dick style like Tyrone after eating that muff hair, get home and eating dinner with the wife but in my head im partying and celebrating, then “cough“ “cough” cough up this big ass ball of pussy hair like fucking Garfield! I’d have two options, run for it, or call the divorce lawyer on the spot as I run for it!

Why don’t you think he was as exciting? I love me some Duran, imo the best LW. Dude was a savage, watching him work in tue inside was like art. Most people who don’t watch enough of him just think he was a gifted brawler with good hand and foot speed and power in both hands but the mans was art. That offensive variety, that long leading jab to half faint a long overhand right just to turn it into a vicious right uppercut right on the button on his opponent ducking what he thought was a overhand right. And that constant head movement!

another mention of a guy who gets overlooked in that department is Gomez, impecable head movement and foot work, in his prime he was barely touchable, he was so fluid with his movement and his defense in general but his power took all the attention away of his other abilities. Master of the “here’s a short left hook, sike bitch! Elbow on the chin while the ref can’t see from his angle“ <Lmaoo>
Yeah maybe I need to watch more of him, I only watched like 4 fights one night, for some reason I came away that his inside game was beautiful but he could be outboxed if you were really good. At the same time I saw some great rds w/ De Jesus and his boxing iq seems to be better than most ppl talk about. I'll watch more tho, he's definitley not boring, maybe my expectations were too high. He was a great fighter, for sure tho, no denying that.

I love Gomez, he was a fucking warrior. His fight w/ Pintor in particular is my favorite. When he beat Zarate's ass that was impressive too. Made him look like an ammy in there and Zarate could fucking fight his ass off. Even in that L he took against Sanchez he stood in there and took the ass whooping like a man. Showed a ton of heart. Wish we got to see more of Sanchez.

Loool. Yeah basically when my brother and I hang out we shoot the shit about the most random things. Usually it's him saying he can do some ridiculous athletic feat or would do something ridiculous to get what he wants. In this case it was banging his childhood crush Salma Hayek. It then goes into me pushing the limits of what he'll do until he says he couldn't or he wouldn't. And then I call him a pussy for not doing completely insane shit. We've wasted so much time talking about stupid shit, I prob could've traveled the world twice over.

I Think his chin was very solid up until he started to deteriorate. Almost bled out before being stopped in the 15th against Leonard, and went the distance with Hearns taking many rights on the button throughout the fight. One of the many fucked up shit his dad used to do was make him spar grown ass men often times with a size advantage while in his young teen years. His body started to take damage from an early age. His power I think was decent.

Benitez is my old mans all time favorite. He is obviously very biased so I could only go by what he used to tell me until I watched tape myself. Benitez was a tough guy and at his best my dad used to stress how pretty his style was and his ability to hop in the inside and back out in perfect rhythm. With his movement and his offense he gave Leonard a hell of a fight. Leonard always mentions how he’d never miss so many punches in any fight ever. My old man used to tell me Leonard purposely threw his sister at Benitez to keep him unfocused. I don’t know if there’s any truth to that but as soon as the fight was over it was bye bye, and I doubt Benitez would of taken the fight as serious or legit try to destroy Leonard while dating his sister. He was in a way pretty innocent and kind even if he liked the good life and was into drugs. Rarely did he try to put beating on guys often signaling the ref to stop the fight when his opponent was done and holding them to make sure they didn’t fall in a violent way.

I don’t know how uninterested Duran was but I think he was never going to beat Benitez. His best weight was LW and the other fights he lost at higher weights was just a smaller great guy losing to a bigger great guy, of course taking in consideration how good he was at these higher weight classes and how he carried his pop with him. I don’t see any other way around it, Benitez boxed him up and took him where Duran was notoriously most dangerous, The ropes! He called him in and Duran went in to work and could barely touch Benitez, Benitez called him a second time and Duran waves him back to the middle of the ring, unheard of for such a killer.

Benitez was cool as fuck. His chin seemed to really let him down, Leonard put him down with a jab and honestly, i think that fight was stopped prematurely although ray still would have won. The affair with Leonard's sister was true, don't know any more than that about it. Oddly, although moore knocked him out easy, duran killed moore and then benitez went on and took a real good beat down from one of the hilton boys. The hamsho loss is a perfect example of what happens when talent doesn't work hard, hamsho was never accused of being sugar ray robinson 2.

His power? It was said he couldn't dent a tub of jello. He had a sensational one against maurice hope though. Duran was always hot and cold so the benitez fight was definitely an off night and Duran tended to have mental problems against slick fighters. Hearns was becoming known as the "jab and dance man" instead of the hitman after the Leonard fight, for whatever reason, hand problems (he broke the right in the benitez fight) and wouldn't return to form until Duran. It was a great era, don't see anything out there like it now, i'm open minded but I don't like wasting time watching someone everyone raved about and being disappointed.

Yeah maybe I need to watch more of him, I only watched like 4 fights one night, for some reason I came away that his inside game was beautiful but he could be outboxed if you were really good. At the same time I saw some great rds w/ De Jesus and his boxing iq seems to be better than most ppl talk about. I'll watch more tho, he's definitley not boring, maybe my expectations were too high. He was a great fighter, for sure tho, no denying that.

I love Gomez, he was a fucking warrior. His fight w/ Pintor in particular is my favorite. When he beat Zarate's ass that was impressive too. Made him look like an ammy in there and Zarate could fucking fight his ass off. Even in that L he took against Sanchez he stood in there and took the ass whooping like a man. Showed a ton of heart. Wish we got to see more of Sanchez.

Loool. Yeah basically when my brother and I hang out we shoot the shit about the most random things. Usually it's him saying he can do some ridiculous athletic feat or would do something ridiculous to get what he wants. In this case it was banging his childhood crush Salma Hayek. It then goes into me pushing the limits of what he'll do until he says he couldn't or he wouldn't. And then I call him a pussy for not doing completely insane shit. We've wasted so much time talking about stupid shit, I prob could've traveled the world twice over.

One of my favorites is his fight with Moore, Moore won the title in his 9th pro fight in Japan. He was green at least for Duran imo but he had a good amateur background. He had a nice little swagger to his footing and his style but it required him to constantly reset, was also prone to a big right so you could tell Duran was going to have his way in the inside and pick him apart top to bottom. Just with Moores monotone style and his sluggish offense at times you could tell a guy like Benitez was to put on a clinic and leave with his face barber clean, but you could tell just how bad he had faded, nothing was the same and Moore took him out in 2, hard fight to watch.

Lmao that’s a lot like me and my little cousin, always talking all this nonsense and laughing at any stupid shit! You and your bro remind me of those two cops in that movie white chicks, where one would always tell the other “okay who would you do? Janet Reno, or Rosie O’ Donell?” Whatever the dude would answer the other would be like “aawe your a pig, your sick” <Lmaoo> then for his turn he’d always be like “no time, were on duty” and switch up fast hahaha.​

Benitez was cool as fuck. His chin seemed to really let him down, Leonard put him down with a jab and honestly, i think that fight was stopped prematurely although ray still would have won. The affair with Leonard's sister was true, don't know any more than that about it. Oddly, although moore knocked him out easy, duran killed moore and then benitez went on and took a real good beat down from one of the hilton boys. The hamsho loss is a perfect example of what happens when talent doesn't work hard, hamsho was never accused of being sugar ray robinson 2.

His power? It was said he couldn't dent a tub of jello. He had a sensational one against maurice hope though. Duran was always hot and cold so the benitez fight was definitely an off night and Duran tended to have mental problems against slick fighters. Hearns was becoming known as the "jab and dance man" instead of the hitman after the Leonard fight, for whatever reason, hand problems (he broke the right in the benitez fight) and wouldn't return to form until Duran. It was a great era, don't see anything out there like it now, i'm open minded but I don't like wasting time watching someone everyone raved about and being disappointed.

I doubt you’d be disappointed in a fighter that was active decades ago, you should know everything there was to know of his skills, if people rave about him, it was his defensive abilities, so I’d watch tape hoping to see that radar dodge punches from all angles not looking for him to go Clubber Lang on anyone...

I doubt you’d be disappointed in a fighter that was active decades ago, you should know everything there was to know of his skills, if people rave about him, it was his defensive abilities, so I’d watch tape hoping to see that radar dodge punches from all angles not looking for him to go Clubber Lang on anyone...
great fighter, like many great fighters, he had limitations.

Bold of them to assume Joshua beats Usyk. Joshua's power may be an issue for Usyk. Usyk will be faster. Its the matchup thats probably most troublesome for Usyk. That said, Usyk isn't a gimme. Even if he didn't look spectacular against Chisora, inactivity had to play a factor. I think Usyk is more skilled(at this point in his career) than anyone Joshua has faced, including Wlad(in his final fight). Work rate could be tough for Joshua to keep up with without tiring.

Back