Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread v5: Primary Season Begins

Who do you support most out of the remaining Democratic candidates?

• Tom Steyer (Entrepreneur)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polling looking good for Bernie in New Hampshire.

Pete collasped in that Suffolk/Boston Globe poll after the debate.

He was leading Sanders by a point in the last update.

Came to post this. Latest polls give Bernie some breathing room in NH: +7, +8, +7...

Seems like all the negative ads other candidates have been targeting at Mayor Pete in NH have damped some of his post Iowa shine...

But they better be careful; a win in NH for Bern puts him in really good shape to win Nevada, and if he takes Nevada, he might be in position to put serious distance between himself and the rest of the field on Super Tuesday.

I didn't realize Bernie increased Voter turn out for people 29 and under by 30% those are impressive #'s. No one seems to be talking about that.

I didn't realize Bernie increased Voter turn out for people 29 and under by 30% those are impressive #'s. No one seems to be talking about that.

Because the overall turnout is disappointing.

Turning on a few young gullible dumbasses, while turning off normal people is not a solid general election strategy.

Needless to say, democrats are all in on that strategy.

Yep and considering they vote overwhelmingly for Bernie/Dem it’s a great sign for not just the presidential races but upcoming senate elections as well

I think that if the establishment would consider working with Bernie as opposed to fighting him tooth and nail, we could take a super majority in November. Absolute pipe dream here as Bernie’s policies directly go against the interests of the establishment, but thinking of their money and media power makes me believe we could have it all.

Beginning of the race I thought for sure Warren for VP but at this point she is more likely to not even endorse or campaign for Bernie. I think she got personally offended when Bernie canvassers were pointing out their differences

Really not sure who Bernie should pick for VP but it has to be someone who fully supports Medicare For All, raising the minimum wage, and a Green New Deal

Need to focus on winning the primary first before narrowing a VP down

Turning on a few young gullible dumbasses, while turning off normal people is not a solid general election strategy.

Sure turn out was low in Iowa but if he can keep the young voters up and the #'s don't look so bad in the other states that will be great. Honestly after viewing what goes on at the Iowa Caucus I don't understand why anyone bothers going to that crap. It seems like a bunch of crazy people with to much time on their hands.

Young naive people always vote liberal as they get older they switch to a conservative, it's no surprised.

Beginning of the race I thought for sure Warren for VP but at this point she is more likely to not even endorse or campaign for Bernie. I think she got personally offended when Bernie canvassers were pointing out their differences

Really not sure who Bernie should pick for VP but it has to be someone who fully supports Medicare For All, raising the minimum wage, and a Green New Deal

Need to focus on winning the primary first before narrowing a VP down

Yea I really have no idea who his VP pick would be. I wish I could know what their team is thinking. I would have thought Warren as well before the whole back and forth they had.

Polling looking good for Bernie in New Hampshire.

Pete collasped in that Suffolk/Boston Globe poll after the debate.

He was leading Sanders by a point in the last update.

Man voters are so fickle, it's crazy.

Definitely. Higher youth turnout than Obama in 2008 even. That could be very important down the road.

Let's hope turnout keeps increasing.

Man voters are so fickle, it's crazy.

I'm not surprised he looked bad at the debate. His response to the higher arrest for marijuana charges was nonsense and he got called on it. He looked like a typical politician trying to dodge questions and it hurt him.

Young naive people always vote liberal as they get older they switch to a conservative, it's no surprised.

Not only is this not true in 100% of cases (as "always" implies), it's not true on average. People tend to get more liberal as they get older, but at a slower rate than the general population. Also, in a lot of countries, education rates have been rising for a while (meaning that young voters are better-educated on average than older voters consistently), and better-educated voters tend to be more left-leaning.

Not only is this not true in 100% of cases (as "always" implies), it's not true on average. People tend to get more liberal as they get older, but at a slower rate than the general population. Also, in a lot of countries, education rates have been rising for a while (meaning that young voters are better-educated on average than older voters consistently), and better-educated voters tend to be more left-leaning.
Wrong

I'm not surprised he looked bad at the debate. His response to the higher arrest for marijuana charges was nonsense and he got called on it. He looked like a typical politician trying to dodge questions and it hurt him.
Yeah I agree with what you're saying. I'm just always surprised at how quickly the average voter will jump from candidate to candidate based on often arbitrary criteria that has nothing to do with policy. Not only this recent change in the polls, but since the beginning. Look at how well Bloomberg is doing nationally, for example. The dude is putting out talking dog ads and hasn't participated in anything.

Yeah I agree with what you're saying. I'm just always surprised at how quickly the average voter will jump from candidate to candidate based on often arbitrary criteria that has nothing to do with policy. Not only this recent change in the polls, but since the beginning. Look at how well Bloomberg is doing nationally, for example. The dude is putting out talking dog ads and hasn't participated in anything.

Ah yea I know what you mean. I'm also pretty surprised by Bloomberg.

Good argument.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1041104?seq=1

As for education rates:

450px-Educational_Attainment_in_the_United_States_2009.png

And for educational attainment and ideological alignment:

4-22-2016_01.png

Ah yea I know what you mean. I'm also pretty surprised by Bloomberg.

Well, Bloomberg is surging with older voters - i.e. voters who aren't all that plugged into the internet and a lot of whom are only aware of the primary through the commercials that they see. If you're not reading the primary goings on and aren't watching the debates, getting blasted by commercials on network television is pretty damn effective.

Also, he's running a good campaign. Maybe the best one, or at least the second best one after Sanders.

Well, Bloomberg is surging with older voters - i.e. voters who aren't all that plugged into the internet and a lot of whom are only aware of the primary through the commercials that they see. If you're not reading the primary goings on and aren't watching the debates, getting blasted by commercials on network television is pretty damn effective.

Also, he's running a good campaign. Maybe the best one, or at least the second best one after Sanders.

Let me try and find the source but earlier today I saw someone post the new Q poll also showed that Bloomberg is starting to take away some of the black vote from Biden. It said Bidne;s support dropped from 49% to 27% with Bloomberg getting most of the upside.

Also this is promising post acquital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back