2019 Motorsports thread.

How did Hamilton lose his mirror? Was that from debris from Leclercs front wing?

How did Hamilton lose his mirror? Was that from debris from Leclercs front wing?
Just watched a replay. A pretty big chunk flew past Lewis’ car. Hit his mirror. Leclerc got a double penalty, for the collision and staying out.

Lewis Hamilton in no hurry to win Formula One title in Mexico
The Formula One circus moves on to Mexico in two weeks’ time where Hamilton, enjoying a 64-point lead over Valtteri Bottas, can wrap up a third consecutive drivers’ crown if he outscores his teammate by 14 points or more.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...e-in-mexico/story-tYWpUeGtuJ95dLrP45rocP.html

This article from India says that Hamilton would clinch the title by scoring 14 points more than Bottas in Mexico, but that isn't necessary. I thought they were supposed to be good at math in India. Hamilton has a 64 point lead with three races left, 338 to 274 for Bottas. If Bottas would win all three remaining races and set the fastest lap time, he could earn 78 more points for the season for a total of 352 and surpass Hamilton by 14 points if Hamilton doesn't score any points in the last three races. All Hamilton has to do is score 14 points total in the last three races to total 352 points for the season. Hamilton has 9 wins and Bottas has 3 so 3 more would only give Bottas a total of 6 so Hamilton holds the tie breaker.

If Hamilton can finish 3rd in Mexico, he wins the championship no matter what Bottas does.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...e-in-mexico/story-tYWpUeGtuJ95dLrP45rocP.html

This article from India says that Hamilton would clinch the title by scoring 14 points more than Bottas in Mexico, but that isn't necessary. I thought they were supposed to be good at math in India. Hamilton has a 64 point lead with three races left, 338 to 274 for Bottas. If Bottas would win all three remaining races and set the fastest lap time, he could earn 78 more points for the season for a total of 352 and surpass Hamilton by 14 points if Hamilton doesn't score any points in the last three races. All Hamilton has to do is score 14 points total in the last three races to total 352 points for the season. Hamilton has 9 wins and Bottas has 3 so 3 more would only give Bottas a total of 6 so Hamilton holds the tie breaker.

If Hamilton can finish 3rd in Mexico, he wins the championship no matter what Bottas does.
We are decent at math, but call centres have become our thing. Hahaha. Kidding. You are right. If ham has a 53 point lead after Mexico, he wins the title.

We are decent at math, but call centres have become our thing. Hahaha. Kidding. You are right. If ham has a 53 point lead after Mexico, he wins the title.

Are you from India?

A 52 point lead is all he needs. If he and Bottas would end up tied, Hamilton wins because he has more wins. I suspect it's almost impossible for Hamilton not to score 14 points in 3 races. If the Mercedes that Bottas drives is running fast enough to win three races, Hamilton should be just as fast. Mercedes doesn't have to save anything anymore.

Are you from India?

A 52 point lead is all he needs. If he and Bottas would end up tied, Hamilton wins because he has more wins. I suspect it's almost impossible for Hamilton not to score 14 points in 3 races. If the Mercedes that Bottas drives is running fast enough to win three races, Hamilton should be just as fast. Mercedes doesn't have to save anything anymore.
Funny. My family is Goan. But my parents are from Pakistan and left for Canada In the mid 70s. I was born here. So I am brown. But my parents drilled math into us from young age. Although, if you watch the spelling bees, looks like they drill spelling now, which I was also good at. Haha. Used to win the class competitions. Weird.

An old throwback when they turned Bristol into a dirt track for the World of Outlaws. They were hitting 160+mph.

was tony stewart there?
did he run over anybody?

People who aren't drugged up are usually smart enough to stay off the track in a race with cars that are direct drive and don't run at idle.

source.gif

you sound high

Apparently they added an extra DRS zone in Mexico. This should help Ferrari.

lol what's with Hamiltons vegan angle?
I like Verstappen's responses about it.
Kimi made a lot of sense too.

Lewis just trying to drum up business for his new vegan london restaurant "Neat Burger"

Looks like rain this weekend in Mexico City. Maybe things will get interesting

Verstappen on the pole with Leclerc in the front row and Vettel and Hamilton in the second row. Bottas crashed heavily in the final lap of qualifying ending up in sixth place. The start tomorrow should be interesting. I think both Ferraris are starting on the medium tires as they backed off on their final lap in Q2 to avoid starting on the soft tires allowing Hamilton and Bottas to set the fastest times in Q2.

lol what's with Hamiltons vegan angle?
I like Verstappen's responses about it.
Kimi made a lot of sense too.

Lewis just trying to drum up business for his new vegan london restaurant "Neat Burger"

I suspect there's some pussy involved.

Verstappen on the pole with Leclerc in the front row and Vettel and Hamilton in the second row. Bottas crashed heavily in the final lap of qualifying ending up in sixth place. The start tomorrow should be interesting. I think both Ferraris are starting on the medium tires as they backed off on their final lap in Q2 to avoid starting on the soft tires allowing Hamilton and Bottas to set the fastest times in Q2.
Max might get a penalty. He said he knew about Bottas crashing and that there was yellow flags, yet he kept going at full speed.

Already acts like he is a Ferrari driver who knows he won't get punished, won't be long until they announce his Ferrari contract (@Deffid)

Max might get a penalty. He said he knew about Bottas crashing and that there was yellow flags, yet he kept going at full speed.

Already acts like he is a Ferrari driver who knows he won't get punished, won't be long until they announce his Ferrari contract (@Deffid)
Max got a three place grid drop. Will start fourth. Chuck on pole again!

Back