2019 Goals Thread

LatFlare

EADC
@Black
Reaction score
Im injured right now so this is motivating for me. Please post and update through the year as you crush pussy and your goals.

- 1.5 mile run - 8:30 (by 30 april)
- Squat 2x bw for 2+ reps
- Bench 120
- 100 pushups in 2 min
- Deaflift lifetime PB
- 30+ km trail race - faster than 10km / hr

EDIT: if you don't already keep a log here please start one

Last edited:
My goals are low and high. I want to finally hit a 1000lbs total. I’m about 35lbs off. I also want to hit a 3 plate bench, 4 plate squat, and a 5 plate deadlift.

225lb squat (>1.5 x bodyweight)
135lb bench
5-10 pullups
maybe run a sub-6 mile again

Try to add 10 kg to my bench, deadlift and squat by the end of 2019, which corresponds to my standard projected 2,5 kg increase per 3 month training cycle. I'd like to add 10 kg to my ohp as well and thus reach the 100 kg milestone, but realistically that's not going to happen.

Might try for a 200 kg front squat, but that's also a tall order. Not part of my regular weight training anyways.

Hopefully lose some bodyweight, maybe get down to at least around 80 kg-ish. Am toying with the idea of incorporating a bit of calorie deficit during my hypertrophy blocks, in order to achieve this in a way my fat, weakwilled self can tolerate.

Free weight instructor qualification (know what I'm talking about already but need the Paper)

Black belt krav jitsu (2 years in the bank so far, get my 2.5-3 in then sit my test)

Regular crossbow practice

Finish writing my strength and conditioning program

Number 1 goal is to quit smoking. Then be as athletic as possible and as aesthetic as possible. Be disciplined about routines.

Then be as athletic as possible and as aesthetic as possible. Be disciplined about routines.
What the fuck does this even mean?

Fuck this forum is shit these days. Does anyone here even fucking lift?

Squat 5x your mom's BW
Win Mr. Olympia 2019
Win World's Strongest Man
Win a gold medal in World's Weightlifting
Stop making new resolutions every year because honestly, who gives a shit?

Current stats:
BW: 78 Kg
Squat: 142,5 Kg x 5 (155 1RM)
Bench: 80 Kg x 9 (100 Kg 1RM)
Deadlift: 170 x 5 (180 Kg 1RM)
OHP: 57,5Kg x 6 (65 Kg 1RM)

Goal:
75 Kg (feeling a bit too chunky right now)
Squat: 165-170 Kg 1RM
Bench: 105 - 110 Kg 1RM
Deadlift: 200 - 210 Kg 1RM
OHP: 70 - 75 Kg

Rep maxes are all from the past 2 weeks. I haven't tested my one rep max in a while as I am still building back from an injury that took me out for most part of the spring and Summer but I am confident that I can currently best all of them except maybe on bench (I am a terrible bencher).

Also I will quote my post from the 2017 goals thread.
I am currently coming from a period of several months without training and i am yet to even reach my numbers from May of this year, but my goals for next year are, without going under 70 Kg and over 75-78 Kg:
goal / current lift
Deadlift: 180Kg (4 plates) / 120 Kg x 5
Squat: 140 Kg (3 Plates) /100 Kg x 5
Bench: 100 Kg (2 Plates) / 70Kg x 5
OHP: 70 Kg / 45Kg x 8
Pull ups: 5 reps with BW+25 Kg and 20+ reps with body weight

I think all of those goals are possible to achieve. The hardest part will be getting an entire year of training without anything disturbing it for a prolonged period of time ...

Squat 5x your mom's BW
Win Mr. Olympia 2019
Win World's Strongest Man
Win a gold medal in World's Weightlifting
Stop making new resolutions every year because honestly, who gives a shit?
Do you know what the difference is between a goal and a new years resolution?

Too much bongs and untested stem cells down in mejicoca melting ya brain bra?

Do you know what the difference is between a goal and a new years resolution?

Too much bongs and untested stem cells down in mejicoca melting ya brain bra?

I thought I knew, but I had to check Wikipedia just to make sure.

A New Year's resolution is a tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person resolves to change an undesired trait or behavior, to accomplish a personal goal or otherwise improve their life.

So what exactly is your fucking point, cunt? Stay weak, like you've always been the past years you've been hanging out here.

Yours violently,

Some brah in Mejicoca

I thought I knew, but I had to check Wikipedia just to make sure.

A New Year's resolution is a tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person resolves to change an undesired trait or behavior, to accomplish a personal goal or otherwise improve their life.

So what exactly is your fucking point, cunt? Stay weak, like you've always been the past years you've been hanging out here.

Yours violently,

Some brah in Mejicoca
Wow you seem awfully troubled by this, my mejibra.

I simply asked ppl to post what they want to achieve in their training this year, but such a mild premise appears to be too much for your tender psyche to tolerate without losing ya fuckin mind and responding with sarcasm and abuse.

What's the problem bra? Is it the holiday season reminding you that a lonely and self serving lifestyle is just as depressing in an idyllic tropical paradise as it is in whatever shit hole you ran away from? Or is it just a case of too many bolivian nose burritos sending ya off the deep end?

Either way i feel sorry you and hope you work yourself out.

Wow you seem awfully troubled by this, my mejibra.

I simply asked ppl to post what they want to achieve in their training this year, but such a mild premise appears to be too much for your tender psyche to tolerate without losing ya fuckin mind and responding with sarcasm and abuse.

What's the problem bra? Is it the holiday season reminding you that a lonely and self serving lifestyle is just as depressing in an idyllic tropical paradise as it is in whatever shit hole you ran away from? Or is it just a case of too many bolivian nose burritos sending ya off the deep end?

Either way i feel sorry you and hope you work yourself out.

None of the above. Just was in a mood to talk shit with your goofy ass for no apparent reason. Re-read the OP and I realized that you mentioned you were injured. So am I. Injuries and the holiday season threw a wrench in the goals I had prior to the upcoming new year, so I got pissed off and lashed out in your thread.

Fucking sucks, doesn't it? The setbacks. The frustration. The disappointment that occurs over and over again. But life goes on anyway and the world goes around the sun once more.

It sure does, assman.

What have you injured?

Knees, shoulders, lower back. Not from improper technique but from overuse and also from smoking so goddamn much like an idiot. I haven't had a cigarette in 4 months and finally learned how to relax and take time off from training.

I can only blame myself and my ignorance for this. Hopefully things will get better from now on.

First up
600 deadlift
365 bench
Maintain squat and ohp
Run 3 days a week
Those should be done by spring fairly easily once I can pull right again and get back in the groove for bench

Then
405 bench and 635 deadlift
Be relatively lean

10k in 45 min
Bench 400lbs x2
Squat 300 x5
Deadlift 350x5
Add 5-10lb of lean muscle

Back