2019 Goals Thread

UPDATE - second meet in the books. 51 year old master, 81kg class.

I came in lighter this meet as my weight was sitting at 78.5 nearly the entire training session. I weighed in pretty much at 79kg morning of meet, after breakfast. Lifted in the 10am session. Was a bit banged up dealing with a shoulder issue. Oddly enough, the worst thing for it was catching heavy cleans in full squat so I decided to power clean vs. squatting them after warm ups. Lifts went as such -
Snatch - 64-67-71kg. All white lights.
Clean & Jerk - 91-95-97kg. All white lights
4kg Meet PR at 168kg.

The two weeks leading up to training I snatched 75kg and clean & jerked 105kg so I knew what I had in the tank if I needed it. My legs were a bit dead week of meet (which was all de load) which surprised me as I had been really killing my cleans especially. All in all, very happy with the meet and results. NOT happy about my shoulder and now my right knee also acting up. I've just been getting some work and conditioning workouts to keep moving. Tried squatting heavy-ish week after meet which was a mistake. Not much there...will get back to it soon enough.

Planning one more meet for Dec/Jan then focusing on masters nationals in April 2020.

That's great, congratulations.

Back