2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I mean, one side wants to ruin the planet, destabilize the world economy for short-term upper class profit, waste billions on needless corporate giveaways, railroad due process, strip poor people of livelihoods and voting rights, allow corporations to poison and steal from kids and old people without reprisal, and yeah sure they have now floated the idea of publicly burning refugees and hunting black people for sport - but the other side is trying to say I can't carry by bazooka into a pre-school....so, you tell me who the real bad guys are here."
Where you quoting this from?

I wasn't alive back then, but I heard he was a prick.
He was actually the only forefather who didn't own a slave. He felt if you owned and worked a farm, you should work it yourself or pay your employees. Also banned slavery as governor of Massachusetts in 1780, well ahead of the nation.

Anyways, he was considered a centrist in his day. As a lawyer, he defended the British who participated in the Boston massacre. Everyone in the US saw him as a traitor, but he knew we needed an unbiased rule of law. That wasn't so popular back then.

He was actually the only forefather who didn't own a slave. He felt if you owned and worked a farm, you should work it yourself or pay your employees. Also banned slavery as governor of Massachusetts in 1780, well ahead of the nation.

Anyways, he was considered a centrist in his day. As a lawyer, he defended the British who participated in the Boston massacre. Everyone in the US saw him as a traitor, but he knew we needed an unbiased rule of law. That wasn't so popular back then.

Sounds like a principled man.

Why is this still going? More proof that @Lead hates all of us.

I put in too much time making gifs and posting ITT.
My wife left me. I have no job anymore. It's over.
I have become Homer Thompson.
Never thought I'd end up like this.
It's almost 3pm. Time for me to start drinking again :(
FML SMH!

6jCD7cM.png

KxBcxKH.gif

RjhlYtK.gif

H9nxFWn.gif

4iND9dg.gif

IBYbPIT.gif

i4EQAqN.gif

YTqreFA.gif

z6biuFh.jpg

2qqC1Y1.gif

N0z0F4O.gif

MFIvMwy.gif

QONaKMp.gif

av1LpRu.gif

[CONTINUED BELOW]

[CONTINUED FROM ABOVE]

mMpmofU.gif

3DPAgbm.jpg

aLQYMSy.gif

RiKcPQd.gif

5SJLE4s.gif

EUsTJrj.gif

hTnze3e.jpg

sHrui2o.jpg

ece9W8o.gif

gQAQHN4.gif

I hope it was worth it, @Cubo de Sangre !

defending someone's right to free speech isn't the same as 'hearing them out' or assuaging them

if that was the case, the ACLU would be extremely centrist.......

Let me try to simplify this for you...

Imagine three people in a public space

Person A: I support an ideologies that, if given political power, would ultimately limit free speech.
Person B: Shut the fuck up!
Person C: Let A talk.

Which person is actually defending free speech here?

Do you think it's possible that when I talk about centrism or e-centrism today I'm not using it in the same context as they did in the 1790s and what about 1790s doesn't make much sense here?

Let me try to simplify this for you...

Imagine three people in a public space

Person A: I support an ideologies that, if given political power, would ultimately limit free speech.
Person B: Shut the fuck up!
Person C: Let A talk.

Which person is actually defending free speech here?

C

Do you think it's possible that when I talk about centrism or e-centrism today I'm not using it in the same context as they did in the 1790s and what about 1790s doesn't make much sense here?
I think your comparisons of general centrism to a shield for racism are misguided. Not everyone who refuses to suck the SJW phallus is a racist Trumper.

Would you call Adams a traitor for what he did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back