2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Lead, Dec 4, 2018.

?

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

Poll closed Dec 11, 2018.
  1. luckyshot

48.5%
  2. Cubo de Sangre

51.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irish_thug

irish_thug Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

Prick

The Diplomat and SBJJ like this.
  2. Limbo Pete

Limbo Pete Hot Ham Water

Stuck on my phone for a little while longer

Lowmanproblems likes this.
  3. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Appreciate it.

4. JamesRussler

JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy

Based on the information you provided, B is the only person who has actually taken any action to censor another person. In fact, telling someone to "shut the fuck up" could be construed as fighting words in some localities (i.e. a crime). It sounds like B is challenging A to a fight, like he's saying "shut the fuck up, or I will shut you up."
    Option B is like the Antifa guy in this video:

He's so convinced of his own correctitude that he's willing to label strangers as "Nazis," threaten them, and tell them to STFU. In other words, he's an insufferable jerk who need his clock cleaned. Fuck B.

Mr. A sounds like a guy I would disagree with because I value freedom of speech. If he ever tried to silence me, he'd soon find out that I won't be silenced easily. But he has not done that. He hasn't told B or C to "shut the fuck up." I don't know how you're defining "fascist," but B clearly sounds like more of a traditional fascist than A.

Mr. C sounds pretty cool. Maybe. I don't know anything else about him. He reminds me of Bill Maher in this clip:

Cubo de Sangre and Sketch like this.
  5. Rational Poster

Rational Poster Scourge of the War Room

Yeah, and still literally none of this has literally anything to do with what I was talking about.

You saw the word centrist and it triggered you into defense mode when I was never talking about ideological centrism to begin with.

I was talking about "centrists" remember, I used the quotes right? In reference to idiot e-centrists like Sargon or Molyneux.

6. SBJJ

SBJJ Silver Belt

John Adams is a God damn saint in my eyes considering the era he lived in

JamesRussler likes this.
  7. irish_thug

irish_thug Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator

Thinly veiled @Limbo Pete callout.

Clippy, Lead and Lowmanproblems like this.
  8. JamesRussler

TBH, you sound an awful lot like C already. Perhaps that's why I like you. Beneath the far-Left veneer, you're actually a pretty cool guy with a sense of humor, and respect for freedom of speech.

Person B did not call A a "dumb cunt." That's not the hypothetical. He ordered A to "shut the fuck up." A and B are probably going to get in a fight. C will probably have to break it up and lecture them both on the need for tolerance and respect.

You got person C all wrong. Person C pays his bills, shows up to work on time, gets the job done, and takes care of his family. He just came to the bar to unwind. He's not trying to start trouble. He probably thinks A is a kook, so he stopped listening after a few seconds. But when C hears B tell A to STFU, he has no choice but to step in. C is the adult in the room. Now he is forced to tell B "back off dude, this ain't the Soviet Union. A gets to speak. Leave him alone."

C is likely very popular with most people. The ladies love him, although he stays faithful to his wife. He's an exemplary dude.

SBJJ and Lowmanproblems like this.
  9. JamesRussler

I believe he's arguing that B is a better proponent of free speech than C because B is intolerant of intolerant speech.
    That's the argument, though I don't necessarily agree.

10. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

I'm a centrist, you and I seem to get along.

11. sniper

sniper so poor.... and so black

@Lead already said we would have our own categories. The "sketch" award and the "sniper" award

That's when you know you've made it

Lead, JamesRussler and Lowmanproblems like this.
  12. Lowmanproblems

Lowmanproblems Black Belt

<DontBelieve1>
    You dont get to make up what person C does. This is @Higus' story. For all you and I know, person A has a micro penis. Person C is Socially awkward, and person B has a large cock, is attractive to the ladies and well into his night of drinking and politely asked person A to stop talking about politics because it was killing his buzz. Person B finally snapped when person C said "fuck the jews, when my party takes control we will stop freedom of speech" then person B said "shut the fuck up". We need more info now from @Higus.

Higus likes this.
  13. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

So this is basically a popularity contest isn’t it

14. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

We're the main attraction around here.

sniper likes this.
  15. Lowmanproblems

No, this shapes the Wr. It is very important business. Only the best and brightest are allowed to run.

16. JamesRussler

Well Higus, that's a pretty slippery slope. Person A hasn't done any of those things, and a lot of stars would have to align for him to ultimately seize political power. But even if that happened, we live in a government with checks and balances (or at least I do) and it would be virtually impossible for him to take unilateral action. If A actually tried to force people to STFU, he'd find out that people don't want to STFU.

I'm actually more afraid of person B. For one thing, there are actually people in government who have the mindset of B. They believe censorship is right as long as you're censoring the right people. Person A probably fits the bill ("hate speech"), and person C is not far behind ("facilitation" or "encouragement" of hate speech, etc.). In countries where people like B seize power, everyone sounds like B. There are no A's, C's, D's, E's, F's, or G's. People are only free to express the opinions of dictator B. If anyone thinks like C, they dare not vocalize it. Dictator B will send them to one of his "Shut the Fuck Up" camps.

Person C will eventually have to stop either A and / or B from persecuting people. He always has, and he always will. That is the burden of Mr. C—forever a slave to his own virtue. History is the bittersweet story of Mr. C's triumph over A and B.

17. JamesRussler

I got a little carried away with the Alphabet biographies there, but here's what we know:
    C was the credited response, and it's not a close call. This is a very old debate. The idea that some ideas are uniquely dangerous / harmful is nothing new. Our finest minds have debated this issue thoroughly, and they ultimately concluded that freedom of speech means everyone gets to speak. That's the reason—the only reason—we're debating this in the first place.

18. Sara

Sara Danger Zone Platinum Member

This doesn't seem like a rational answer.

sniper likes this.
  19. Lowmanproblems

If @Limbo Pete doesn't get the award thread up soon, we riot.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Clippy and Lead like this.
  20. Limbo Pete

Limbo Pete Hot Ham Water

I'm working on it right now

Clippy, Lead and Lowmanproblems like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.