Sherdog PotWR Primary Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone for their votes so far:

tumblr_ni037clugU1sq0fdho1_500.gif
#notmypresident

I didn't interpret it that way, but fuck Lead if he did. Nothing remotely dishonest there.

And meh, if you're just going into pure troll mode, I don't really care.

I did. From a class act like him, this seems pretty clear.

Are you being serious about a bloc primary for a short simply poster v. serious discussions block or was that just a swipe as some people cause I really don't think that's a real solution you are putting out there.

That's not troll mode. That's me exiting the conversation with you mode. Unless you wanna change the subject? Looks you're still busy whining to @Lead fixing the rules. :p

I did. From a class act like him, this seems pretty clear.

That's not troll mode. That's me exiting the conversation with you mode. Unless you wanna change the subject? Looks you're still busy whining to @Lead fixing the rules. :p

Im still confused what you two are arguing about what I meant with Jack. What do you each think I meant or didn't mean by that?

I will say this:
I appreciate the robust efforts by various candidates to present a strong booty gif game.
Whoever wins this thing needs to retain @Curmudgeon as Secretary of Booty Gifs. Hands down the most effective and non partisan member of the @Palis administration.

There are the same amount of rounds this year as last year. The election part is pretty much formatted exactly the same. I only really improved the registration part cause thats where the biggest complaints were last year.

Wasn't there a poll before the vote or is my mind playing tricks on me?

I think we agree an extended round would be beneficial in multiple ways since going from 16 to 2 is too much.

Yes, that's the big thing. Lots of potential ways to clean that up, but the current system is designed to fail.

15 votes to get into a bloc? So we'd be doing preliminary votes to make the ballot? People would wonder wtf we are doing if we asked them to vote that many times.

I'm thinking a bloc-forming thread would substitute for the candidate announcement one. Instead of anyone just declaring that they're running and being in, blocs would form that would then internally decide on a candidate. Then you get a primary with however many blocs were able to meet the requirement, and then a general.

Im still confused what you two are arguing about what I meant with Jack. What do you each think I meant or didn't mean by that?

I think Cubo is just trolling. As he's become less independent-minded, he's less into real discussions and more just about throwing poo at people who don't agree with him politically.

You questioned whether he was serious and said it didn't sound like a real solution. He likes to call everyone dishonest. So I took the opportunity to run with your words that were easily interpreted as questioning the authenticity of his proposal. Coupled with his cheap shot on Chris, it's a reasonable guess.

You questioned whether he was serious and said it didn't sound like a real solution. He likes to call everyone dishonest. So I took the opportunity to run with your words that were easily interpreted as questioning the authenticity of his proposal. Coupled with his cheap shot on Chris, it's a reasonable guess.

What do you think was a cheap shot on Chris?

Wasn't there a poll before the vote or is my mind playing tricks on me?
Nah. Last year there were the same four rounds. Here's the links.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-potwr-round-1.3396427/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-potwr-round-2-the-debate.3400855/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-potwr-round-3-the-jungle-primary.3408983/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-potwr-round-4-the-general-election.3416117/

That's why I said final five since last year the majority of the votes fell on you Palis, JDragon, You, Pan and MusterX. I was going to build the extended round in this year but I wasn't sure how to naturally determine how it drops down. Like do people need at least 10%, etc. but that doesn't concern me as much with the idea that it is just the general and there is change vote enabled as well.

Yes, that's the big thing. Lots of potential ways to clean that up, but the current system is designed to fail.
Improvements can be added. It's only the second time around. I think part of it got really cleaned up on the front end but the election itself needed more criticisms like this for me to figure out alternatives from the ones I already had thought and dismissed.

I'm thinking a bloc-forming thread would substitute for the candidate announcement one. Instead of anyone just declaring that they're running and being in, blocs would form that would then internally decide on a candidate. Then you get a primary with however many blocs were able to meet the requirement, and then a general.

Yea, I guess it's possible. I do question the initiative of some posters naturally forming these but it is possible

33% of the vote is in and this is starting to look like a 3 candidate race

What do you think was a cheap shot on Chris?

You said "For example, @Gutter Chris likes short, simple posts that don't necessarily connect to politics here, while I prefer the opposite. Serious discussions about serious issues, with fewer short posts, pictures, and rehashed 4Chan jokes."

Hardly an accurate description of his posting compared to yours. Your interest or disinterest in a topic is hardly the dividing line between a connection to politics or not. He's far easier to have a meaningful conversation with that you are, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back