• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2017 PotWR Round 3: The Jungle Primary

Sherdog PotWR Primary Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? That when all the superdelagates pledge early on for one candidate it skews the view of those yet to vote? Yeah, I've seen that. Just don't recall seeing you acknowledge it.

Huh? There are no superdelegates in non-partisan primaries, and the dynamics obviously don't hold in partisan primaries.

Huh? There are no superdelegates in non-partisan primaries, and the dynamics obviously don't hold in partisan primaries.

So the concept you whined about earlier didn't apply to Bernie's uphill battle? Speaking of. Good band. Great drummer.

So the concept you whined about earlier didn't apply to Bernie's uphill battle? Speaking of. Good band. Great drummer.

Didn't whine about anything, and your inability to distinguish rational argumentation from whining is probably why you're in the state you're in lately. And of course it wouldn't. Didn't think I'd have to spell out something so obvious, but in a non-partisan primary, if your second choice is doing well and your first choice is not, you have a huge incentive to vote for your second choice to prevent a third choice from winning, and that dynamic makes an early lead really important. That's irrelevant in a partisan primary or with superdelegates who can change their minds.

I come bearing gifs of three dogs on a scooter and a big booty hoe

1.-3-Dog-Scooter.gif

17F36994FBBA37D1F91594BF3E950D2B59A00C10
And pcp roars into the lead

Homer has a great idea with the Hunto gif tho. Anyone manages to get me a new Hunto gif from something I don't already have a gif of myself.... would probably seal the deal. But that's a tall order.

I feel very strongly that any WR Pres needs a very capable gif game.

Random fact: I once spent an entire week posting only in gifs taken from weird Japanese sources.

It was announced in a huge thread that no one could read all of. I think such a big change should be highlighted better.

Again, I think we aren't on the same page yet cause I don't know what the big change was. Please answer that part cause I don't know what we are talking about yet. You keep saying it wasn't stated or wasn't stated well but I don't know what "it" is.

It depends what the purpose of having a vote is. If the goal is to encourage organization and passion, the system will be designed differently from one designed to reflect the consensus of the group. By that criterion--a good one, IMO--the system is objectively a massive flop.
It is designed to have the best candidate advance forward regardless of affiliation. I think that can still be done with the changes of more in the general/ change vote feature where it still does this and eliminates the need danger of vote splitting at the same time.

It's a real suggestion, but just one of many possible dimensions that blocs can be formed along. Just pointing out that there is no need for them to be along ideological lines, and, in fact, those will be inferior to ones organized around competing visions for the group.

I think blocs are hard to determine before hand. Does a candidate decide what group they are in or just the election official? Won't people disagree with which group they want to be placed in. People would try to position themselves to get in the weakest bloc they could find and then the outcry would be over how the blocs were formed rather than who actually voted for what candidate. It seems like a bureaucratic to an election. I get why it works in real life. Parties form over common political leanings and over a course of time/multiple elections. Here, we'd have a week to come up with what those groups are and try to get approval from all those participating.

Can I get that big lead endorsement, or are you not voting?

Despite being a blue hat and all that.

I voted for Kafir. I was conflicted between maybe 10 choices (not the ones I thought who were viable to win in my diagram) and couldn't really pick a definitive choice but I have to vote immediately so I can track the vote tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back