• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2017 PotWR Round 3: The Jungle Primary

Sherdog PotWR Primary Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bring balance to the force:

gif-erotic-ass-2207327.gif

A6Gby.gif

I think we'll be in an escalated conflict situation in the ME in the next 18 months.

Again, I think we aren't on the same page yet cause I don't know what the big change was. Please answer that part cause I don't know what we are talking about yet. You keep saying it wasn't stated or wasn't stated well but I don't know what "it" is.

The fewer rounds.

It is designed to have the best candidate advance forward regardless of affiliation. I think that can still be done with the changes of more in the general/ change vote feature where it still does this and eliminates the need danger of vote splitting at the same time.

I think "best" candidate should be defined in terms of popularity rather than whatever criteria the current system uses to define that. And thus a system that has a general election involving two candidates with 20% or so support is really badly designed.

I think blocs are hard to determine before hand.

Yeah, people would have to decide it for themselves, though a sticky thread could help facilitate the process. Could have it so that a candidate needs to guarantee, say, 15 votes to get in.

And pcp roars into the lead

Homer has a great idea with the Hunto gif tho. Anyone manages to get me a new Hunto gif from something I don't already have a gif of myself.... would probably seal the deal. But that's a tall order.

I feel very strongly that any WR Pres needs a very capable gif game.

Random fact: I once spent an entire week posting only in gifs taken from weird Japanese sources.
I bet you don't have this one in your collection:

2lder9e.jpg

Good god man. You're double tagging. Didn't you send that to him like 10 minutes ago or am I confusing it with someone else?

Good targeted tags though imo so far.
I didn't tag him yet.

Didn't whine about anything, and your inability to distinguish rational argumentation from whining is probably why you're in the state you're in lately. And of course it wouldn't. Didn't think I'd have to spell out something so obvious, but in a non-partisan primary, if your second choice is doing well and your first choice is not, you have a huge incentive to vote for your second choice to prevent a third choice from winning, and that dynamic makes an early lead really important. That's irrelevant in a partisan primary or with superdelegates who can change their minds.

Call it what you want. Was bad enough that that @Lead questioned your honesty. lol Granted, it had something to do with the pointless cheap shot @Gutter Chris.

Crazy how there's more psychology afoot here than in our Presidential election process. God bless the WR.

The fewer rounds.
There are the same amount of rounds this year as last year. The election part is pretty much formatted exactly the same. I only really improved the registration part cause thats where the biggest complaints were last year.

I think "best" candidate should be defined in terms of popularity. And thus a system that has a general election involving two candidates with 20% or so support is really badly designed.
I think we agree an extended round would be beneficial in multiple ways since going from 16 to 2 is too much.

Yeah, people would have to decide it for themselves, though a sticky thread could help facilitate the process. Could have it so that a candidate needs to guarantee, say, 15 votes to get in.
15 votes to get into a bloc? So we'd be doing preliminary votes to make the ballot? People would wonder wtf we are doing if we asked them to vote that many times.

Call it what you want. Was bad enough that that @Lead questioned your honesty. lol Granted, it had something to do with the pointless cheap shot @Gutter Chris.

Crazy how there's more psychology afoot here than in our Presidential election process. God bless the WR.

I didn't interpret it that way, but fuck Lead if he did. Nothing remotely dishonest there.

And meh, if you're just going into pure troll mode, I don't really care.

I just wanted to be sure he was being serious which he was but it was more about the concept in a bloc altogether than specifically being devoted to the gutter chris idea or nothing. It was just an example which I wanted to be sure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back