2015 Goals Thread

My general goal for the Winter and Spring of 2015 is to be more consistent. Last year I feel like I was good through August but treaded water for most of the Fall.

My goals are for June and I'm setting a conservative goal and an aggressive goal. Unless otherwise noted these are 1RM.

Squat: 365/385
Bench: 225/225x3
Deadlift: 465/495
Weight < 200 lb
5000m row < 20:00

The 148 world record, and to get to eat my way up a weight class once it's done.

General goals

Be consistent. I feel that I have been pretty consistent for the second half of this year, so I plan on continuing that into 2015.

Get stronger on all lifts. Increase 1 rep maxes and set new rep PRs.

Include more pull-ups in my training, and do more grip work.

Eat better. I don't pay too much attention to diet at the moment, and still don't want to, but as a priority I want to ensure I am getting enough protein in each day.

Specific goals

Squat 200kg
Deadlift 220kg
Bench 130kg
Overhead Press: 85kg

Squat 180
Bench 110
Dead 200
Press 75

Going to make it this time. First time ever my #1 priority is lifting. Won't be training any other sports in 2015.

1 rep maxes:

255-->285 Bench
305-->355 Squat
375-->450 Deadlift

That is roughly where I want to be by the end of the year but not really making any promises I can't keep. Just going to do my best and if I get there or beyond than cool beans.

My short term goal is to get that 405 deadlift.

Bench Minimum 140 Ideal 150kg
Deadlift Minimum 180 Ideal 210kg
Squat Minimum 170 Ideal 200kg

If I hit my ideals then its over a 1200lb total and considering I weight less than 180lbs I would delighted as it would mean my big 3 lifts are over 6.5x of my bw

Also improving my 5k time as well, currently 23:34 and looking for 21:59 (Ideally)

Just try to be consistent with "the plan" without fooling around as much as I normally do. Also increase the amount of trunk work and more volume with main lifts.

Specific goal is 200kg deadlift. No matter what.

My 2015 goals are

Squat 220kg
Paused bench 152.5kg
Deadlift 260kg

Also 3rm squat of 200kg and deadlift of 227.5kg.

Compete in a couple of powerlifting meets

My 2015 goals are

Squat 220kg
Paused bench 152.5kg
Deadlift 260kg

Also 3rm squat of 200kg and deadlift of 227.5kg.

Compete in a couple of powerlifting meets

I reckon you will piss all of them easy.

I want to stay consistent, which should be easy compared to what I had to put up with this year, sprinkle in some grappling, boxing and FMA, as well as some other form of conditioning. Eat well, lose a little fat, gain a little muscle, especially in the upper body. Bigger arms, shoulders, yoke, everything. Beach season isn't too far away after all.
I will also have to rework my squatting and possibly my bench form.

Squat: 180
Bench: 90
Deadlift: 200
Press: 80

Those aren't at all unreachable, actually they are the exact goals I had in 2014...
I'll be running the Greyskull LP for the first three or even six months of 2015 and see where that gets me.

I reckon you will piss all of them easy.
Fingers crossed mate, be well on the way to 500Ib squat and 600Ib deadlift if I hit these goals.

Liking your goals as well, challenging but attainable

I want to get some kickboxing/muay thai wins as well as a top 5 finish at an upcoming 50 mile mountain bike race.

Other than that, stay constant and put more effort into assistance exercises.

2015 goals is just to stay focused, and to remain consistent. At my age and with my lifestyle its all I can hope for.

I intend on improving my squat, for the most part. A 405 by Summer.

Eventually, I'd like to make Lift for Kids' Sake the premiere charity lifting meet in Canada and so much of my time will be spent on making this so!

My short term goal is to get that 405 deadlift.

Yes I need that one!! Actually with kg plates 4 plates are 180kg so 396lbs are fine as well.

Other than that its hard to say because I havent made much progress lately and right now the deadlift is the only lift that feels like it should go up now. Id go like this:
180kg deadlift (realistic)
140kg squat (might work out, but we'll see)
90kg bench (probably not. Ive pretty much been benching 70kgs for a few rep for at least a year now. WTF?)
70kg OHP (would be BW. not realistic Id say)

In september Ill leave country for another semester abroad, so what really is my goal is just to train hard and consistently until then and make as many gains as possible because from that point on I know no gains will be made. Also Im not fat or anything, but I wanna be ripped. Like ripped ripped. So that wont make the strength aspect easier, but thats pretty high on my priority list.

New Zealand title.
First pro fight.
First international opponent.
Finish the year stronger than I started it.

Shouldn't be too hard.

I like the idea of a modest/aggressive goal:

Squat: 350 lbs./375 lbs.

My squat went to shit after two knee surgeries and focusing on skills training in Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai/boxing for the last year.

Bench: 315 lbs./325 lbs.

My bench has stayed pretty consistent. I hit 300 lbs. at the beginning of 2014, and 305 lbs. at the beginning of summer. I think I can hit 310 lbs. by spring and 315 lbs. by fall of 2015.

Deadlift: 450 lbs./475 lbs.

My deadlift went to shit after I hurt my back and reset it, also because of focusing on Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai/boxing skills training.

Press: break 205 lbs. plateau.

Can't seem to break 205 lbs. Hopefully a small reset and some higher volume will help with that this year.

Power Clean: 275 lbs./300 lbs.

Just for shits and giggles. Last max that I tested was 260 lbs.

Bodyweight: 225 lbs. Right now I'm at 255 lbs. Going to be tough to hit most of my goals while dieting. We'll see.

Last years stuff:

Between two knee injuries, one in 2012 and one in the beginning of 2013, I've had some serious time off from both lifting and Jiu-Jitsu. Total of 8 months off from the mats, squatting and cleaning, and 4 months off from deadlifting.

So, I didn't really set any concrete lifting goals for 2013.

I was able to bring my Jiu-Jitsu back up to par after the injuries though, which was really nice. I received my purple belt on 12/23/13.

Anyway, I'd like to get stronger in 2014 at a lighter weight.

Current stats:
Weight: 244 lbs.
Squat: 325 lbs.
Deadlift: 440 lbs.
Bench: 300 lbs.
Press: 200 lbs.

Goals:
Weight: 225 lbs. (Got down to 238 lbs. by May, never was able to get lower)
Squat: 375 lbs. (330 lbs. was my best for 2014)
Deadlift: 475 lbs. (460 lbs. x 2 was my best for 2014)
Bench: n/a
Press: n/a

Having expected to much out of my post-noob gains, I'm just raising my goals from '14 moderately:
(Current PRs are 165/120/210/80)

230kg Deadlift
185kg Squat
140kg Bench and Front Squat
90kg OHP and Power Snatch

Staying in the 94kg class, becoming less fat.
Accumulate 100 BJJ, 50 conditioning and 50 prehab sessions
Don't get injured stupidly (I can almost accept gloriously)

Get constistant with BJJ.

Being sick less than this year.

Up my lifts.
I'm pretty weak and the inconsistency i have because of work and study. Would like to have something like this:

Squat:140kg
Bench: atleast my bw (now it's 80kg)
Deadlift:160kg
OHP:50-60kg

Increase cadio,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back