2013 Academy Awards (Anne Hathaway & Christoph Waltz Win; Wreck-It Ralph Got Screwed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
category to watch is Best Actor

I can't decide if I want DDL or Phoenix to win but I'm leaning toward Phoenix

No Quentin for best director?

ichaoz8I1rGGy.gif

No Leo for best supporting actor?

quinton-jackson-tears-down-door.gif

not gonna lie, i had hoped he'd be snubbed. again. so i could use teh gif lol

is he saying "fuck" in that gif?

either way this awards show is destined to piss me off. Leo, Sam, QT, all snubbed for the awards they should be nominated for.

Honestly Tommy Lee jones was just an old man in Lincoln? was it really that marvelous of an acting piece? same with Alan Arkin in argo? he's in it for like 15 minutes and it's nothing groundbreaking?

Skyfall got nominated for the right categories. It was a beautiful movie.

Kathryn Bigelow not getting nominated has not gone down well. Meh, if she got nominated she probably would've won because she's a woman like last time.

Anyone seen Beasts of the Southern Wild? It looks interesting. That little girl is up for best actress, she looks really good in the trailer.

I find it funny that Hugh Jackman is up for an Oscar.

Witness if you will.

I thought Jackman looked good there.... What ever they had Crow doing wasn't that good at all tho. It didn't really sound like him at all.

Anyone seen Beasts of the Southern Wild? It looks interesting. That little girl is up for best actress, she looks really good in the trailer.

Its bull shit she got nominated , credit goes to the director doubt this child is seasoned enough to come up with that performance without extensive direction , unlike some of the more deserving snubs such as Marion Cotilliard in Rust and Bone and Keira Knightly in Anna Karenina or Rachel Weisz in Deep Blue Sea.

Sam Jackson wasn't nominated for Best Supporting Actor, he gon be mad.

And I'd say Django Unchained is the most overrated movie of the year. And LOL at Waltz being nominated but not DiCaprio. That's a fucking mistake.

Jackman was really solid in Les Mis to be honest and deserves the nomination- and was expected to get it.

But the real oversight is DiCaprio who must have banged the president of the Academy's daughter or some shit and not called her back because there's a problem when he's not even getting nominated. Put aside the fact that I felt he deserved to WIN. Even if it was a competitive field, there's no doubt in my mind that whether he won or not, he deserved to be among the five because his was easily one of the most compelling performances bar none that I saw this year and i saw a good deal of award contender movies.

I'm all for including Waltz. Most people acknowledge how great he was in Django too but if you have to bump someone, bump Arkin. I like Alan Arkin a lot and think he was funny and solid in Argo but what did he really bring to the table that makes him a contender for best supporting actor of the year. He had a funny insult-laden assault on Richard Kind, he had some hilarious reactions when being questioned about Argo at the press release...and yeah. ultimately it wasn't very much outside the box for what Arkin is used to playing.

Same reason why I thought DiCaprio was more deserving than TLJ. Jones is an awesome actor and i'll gladly root for him to win now. But Thaddeus Stevens was a typical TLJ performance- curmudgeonly guy who doesn't take shit from others. I actually thought Jones was better in No Country than he was in Lincoln and he didn't even get nominated for that. Jones was very good in Lincoln but i don't see what he did where that was better than DiCaprio who was playing a character unlike virtually any other he's played in his career. And not only was it a different sort of part but he absolutely nailed it.

Rant over. DiCaprio got screwed. Best director category is fucked six ways past Sunday.

Dragon- i think you gotta favor Spielberg and Lincoln now that Bigelow for some reason is out. I was picking Zero Dark to win too but this is crazy.

Always read that the Academy Awards is just a big circle jerk. If you're not part of the jerking you won't get a nomination.

I thought Jackman looked good there.... What ever they had Crow doing wasn't that good at all tho. It didn't really sound like him at all.

"I Stttoooolllee a loafffff of brrrhhheeeaaaaaadddd!"

Fucking ridiculous.

Its bull shit she got nominated , credit goes to the director doubt this child is seasoned enough to come up with that performance without extensive direction , unlike some of the more deserving snubs such as Marion Cotilliard in Rust and Bone and Keira Knightly in Anna Karenina or Rachel Weisz in Deep Blue Sea.

watch the 9 year old wins cuz Lawrence and Chastain split the vote lol.

To you gamblers out there, seriously.

Really live line betting against Daniel Day Lewis here.

I think it'll be a really close split race. If you put small bets on everyone except Daniel Day I think it could be considered +EV.

Chastain didn't deserve a nomination.

i didnt see the movie yet- hopefully tomorrow or Sat- so i'll reserve judgment. i do know however that she and Lawrence have been splitting the precursors between them, making it the most competitive matchup in the acting awards.

DDL is going to crush everybody, TLJ is going to run away with it, and Hathaway is a virtual lock in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back