2013 Academy Awards (Anne Hathaway & Christoph Waltz Win; Wreck-It Ralph Got Screwed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should have been best original song.

Robbery!!!!!

What, you mean like thirty seconds of black screen after which everyone asked what's up with that thirty seconds? Then people said, "Oh, Lincoln's gotta live the rest of his life lookin over his shoulder and peepin round corners."

Spielberg did the old bait and switch-

uh oh Lincoln's going out with Mary Todd...uh oh it's a theater...oh wait IT'S NOT FORD'S THEATER

I was hoping Moonrise Kingdom would get a nomination for best picture. I didn't think it would win, but it deserved to be in the running. Also, Jiro Dreams of Sushi isn't in the running for best documentary? I'll make sure to watch the other nominees, because that was an amazing film.

I need to watch this. I've heard good and bad things, though.

Great film. Definitely worth watching.

You should check out the Official Thread after you watch. The first 50 pages are movie news and people rating the movie. The other 50 is about Da Speeit, PeteyandJia, and Dizzy talk about the ending scene for endless days. Even created another thread for it.

minus two movies i saw everything on the list this year.

lincoln was such obvious oscar bait, i knew it the second i saw it. it was a movie with no real soul and just went through the motions, ending w/ "see, slavery is bad. herp a derp."

not to say ddl was bad, but it wasn't an "omg amazing" performance, and it was mostly due to spielberg not having much vision in the movie. it's also funny that they did not nominate john hawkes for the sessions, b/c he gave the performance of a lifetime and had he been nominated, people would have saw it and said "shit, why did ddl win again?" b/c low and behold, there are people who can act outside of ddl.

dicraprio's snub is the worst. the academy must think people are retarded or something, and it's why i won't watch it this year. i'll treat the oscars like a shitty ufc ppv, just see the results and just skip it.

i haven't seen zero dark thirty (seeing it this weekend) but i can't imagine it contending with lincoln. a) bigelow didn't get a best director nod, which is critical and b) the academy is all about oscar bait. so since the academy is so upfront about their snobbery and literally rubbing our noses in it like it's a pile of shit, i will be boycotting them permanently. a bunch of pretentious pricks that think everyone else is so stupid that they don't see what they are doing.

Leo getting snubbed over Waltz for best supporting actor? Wow, that guy is never going to win an Oscar. Yeah, I doubt I will be watching the Academy Awards this season.

minus two movies i saw everything on the list this year.

lincoln was such obvious oscar bait, i knew it the second i saw it. it was a movie with no real soul and just went through the motions, ending w/ "see, slavery is bad. herp a derp."

not to say ddl was bad, but it wasn't an "omg amazing" performance, and it was mostly due to spielberg not having much vision in the movie. it's also funny that they did not nominate john hawkes for the sessions, b/c he gave the performance of a lifetime and had he been nominated, people would have saw it and said "shit, why did ddl win again?" b/c low and behold, there are people who can act outside of ddl.

dicraprio's snub is the worst. the academy must think people are retarded or something, and it's why i won't watch it this year. i'll treat the oscars like a shitty ufc ppv, just see the results and just skip it.

i haven't seen zero dark thirty (seeing it this weekend) but i can't imagine it contending with lincoln. a) bigelow didn't get a best director nod, which is critical and b) the academy is all about oscar bait. so since the academy is so upfront about their snobbery and literally rubbing our noses in it like it's a pile of shit, i will be boycotting them permanently. a bunch of pretentious pricks that think everyone else is so stupid that they don't see what they are doing.

Watching the Oscars so I can just how uncomfortable, stuck up, middle-aged and up people will be watching Seth MacFarlene tell his jokes.

Anyone else here find it shocking that DiCaprio got snubbed for his performance in Django? I thought he did an incredible job. The scene where he deeply sliced his hand which required stitches but he just kept on with his intense dialogue is the stuff of legends. Especially considering it made the final cut. I'm pretty disappointed.

How'd he cut his hand? Was it from the bonesaw? I didn't even catch how it happened, just noticed his hand was bloody out of nowhere.

It is a ridiculous snub, Leo was amazing.

There is a silver lining though: now the Django vote won't be split between Waltz and Leo. And let's face it, Waltz deserves to win anyway.

Doesn't surprise me, they've snubbed plenty of actors over the years. Just look at Rourke for the wrestler.

still pissed about that one.

Snubbed for who? I haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook so I can't speak for De Niro's nod, but the rest of the nominations are solid.

If Les Miserables beats out Django for any of the awards, I will kill myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back