2013 Academy Awards (Anne Hathaway & Christoph Waltz Win; Wreck-It Ralph Got Screwed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt see the movie yet- hopefully tomorrow or Sat- so i'll reserve judgment. i do know however that she and Lawrence have been splitting the precursors between them, making it the most competitive matchup in the acting awards.

DDL is going to crush everybody, TLJ is going to run away with it, and Hathaway is a virtual lock in my opinion.

She's just a less crazy version of Claire Danes's character in Homeland.

Nothing memorable either.

I thought Jackman looked good there.... What ever they had Crow doing wasn't that good at all tho. It didn't really sound like him at all.

I think Crowe was a miss in this role. He just doesn't have the voice to pull it off. This is kind of the definitive example of what Javert is supposed to sound like...

Someday I am going to make a musical about a cross-dressing black jew in Auschwitz, and I will fucking win everything.

The only movie on the best picture list that I've seen is Django Unchained. I have lots of work today.

Little bummed that Leo didn't get an nomination for that movie though.

Don't go full retard, but a little bit of tard wouldn't hurt.

24102.gif

Maybe one of the nazi guards could be a tard. Like a tard guard. And by the end of the movie, he makes friends with my black jew crossdresser and frees him. He has a mind of mush, but a heart of gold.

24102.gif

Maybe one of the nazi guards could be a tard. Like a tard guard. And by the end of the movie, he makes friends with my black jew crossdresser and frees him. He has a mind of mush, but a heart of gold.

we're walking a fine line between typical feel-good awards bait movie and Tarantino film now. all you need is that the head of the concentration camp is an SS officer with sado-masochistic tendencies who keeps a gimp locked away somewhere in his office.

Anyone seen Beasts of the Southern Wild? It looks interesting. That little girl is up for best actress, she looks really good in the trailer.

battleship-fyc-thumb-630xauto-36101.jpg

Blitz, I know I can count on you. :D

we're walking a fine line between typical feel-good awards bait movie and Tarantino film now. all you need is that the head of the concentration camp is an SS officer with sado-masochistic tendencies who keeps a gimp locked away somewhere in his office.

In the ultimate act of showing no prejudice in Hollywood, I will cast a CGI projection of Michael Clarke Duncan as the evil nazi wardmaster.

24102.gif

Yeah, he helps him escape, and together they have to find their way out of Nazi Germany.
This is going to be great, we need to recruit a script writer, I could start up on some conceptual art, we need to start casting the roles.

Yeah, he helps him escape, and together they have to find their way out of Nazi Germany.
This is going to be great, we need to recruit a script writer, I could start up on some conceptual art, we need to start casting the roles.

I've written a letter to Spielberg requesting the funds.

Same reason why I thought DiCaprio was more deserving than TLJ. Jones is an awesome actor and i'll gladly root for him to win now. But Thaddeus Stevens was a typical TLJ performance- curmudgeonly guy who doesn't take shit from others. I actually thought Jones was better in No Country than he was in Lincoln and he didn't even get nominated for that. Jones was very good in Lincoln but i don't see what he did where that was better than DiCaprio who was playing a character unlike virtually any other he's played in his career. And not only was it a different sort of part but he absolutely nailed it.
The problem is DJANGO came out Christmas, while LINCOLN came out well in advance, allowing TLJ's cachet to gain steam. I might be making this up, but I believe Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday didn't win because his name wasn't submitted in due time.

lincoln for best pic

also daniel day lewis for best actor. dude was amazing

The funny thing about Lincoln is, the spoiler is that he DOESN'T die in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back