20 Super Foods You Need To Build Muscle & Lose Fat

nice thread...most of those dont taste that good, but hey, thats a given...

nice thread...most of those dont taste that good, but hey, thats a given...

The hell? Most don't taste good? You mean most as in the majority, more than 10? You must have one hell of an odd palette, buddy.

Maybe it's just me, but only green tea and fish oil don't taste that great. But you get fish oil in pills (or the vanilla flavored stuff Berardi always trumpets), and green tea can easily be flavored with honey or stevia/splenda. Shit, I drink olive oil and that shit is tasty (but flax oil is a little tastier).

I hate the whole "healthy food doesn't taste good" bullshit. Fucking pisses me off. The flavors are different, it's not really a matter of categorizing entire groups of foods as wholly good or bad.

The hell? Most don't taste good? You mean most as in the majority, more than 10? You must have one hell of an odd palette, buddy.

Maybe it's just me, but only green tea and fish oil don't taste that great. But you get fish oil in pills (or the vanilla flavored stuff Berardi always trumpets), and green tea can easily be flavored with honey or stevia/splenda. Shit, I drink olive oil and that shit is tasty (but flax oil is a little tastier).

I agree. The only things on that list I can say I don't enjoy the flavor of are fish oil (I get the caps and don't taste anything) and Quinoa (I've not tried it.) I even like the flavor of green tea.

Where the fook can i find Quinoa. Only found it at a nice restaurant in Chicago one time...

btw Quinoa tastes amazing...highly recommend it

Even for a person who knows alot of these great facts, this thread absolutely rocks....

It tells you everything and also took the time out to post links.

Where the fook can i find Quinoa. Only found it at a nice restaurant in Chicago one time...

btw Quinoa tastes amazing...highly recommend it

Same. I can only find it in the organic section of my grocery store and it is way too expensive. The stuff is delicious, but I just use rice instead.

Fatty has a great quinoa recipe in the stickied recipe thread, if you can find it.

Anyone found it at Costco?

This is the PN superfood list, right? Just posted from a different site?

I find food so much more flavourful now that I'm eating whole organic foods. This morning I browned some ground bison in coconut oil with some soy sauce, and mixed it in with a bit of avocado and stir fried grape tomatoes and zucchini. It tastes better than any crappy pasta dish I've ever had. Think about complimentary flavours and textures of food, and all food becomes much more interesting.

My cravings are now way different than they used to be. For example, what I am craving at this moment is some steamed kale stirred with tahini and lemon juice.

And the earlier poster was right about carbs in veggies. Yes, veggies are mostly carbohydrates, but large volumes have relatively fewer calories and (for the most part) a pretty low GI, which maintains lower insulin levels. JB can hop in here and offer more.

Regarding when to eat carbs, every body type is different. After months of experimentation I determined that I have a low carb tolerance and high insulin sensitivity, so I can only eat a limited volume of higher-GI carbs right after my workout or it makes me insanely hungry and unable to get leaner. Some people with high carb tolerance can eat the stuff all of the time and be just fine; unfortunately, I am not one of those people. :(

This is the PN superfood list, right? Just posted from a different site?

Not that I'm aware of; this was (I'm assuming) written by Mehdi from Stronglifts.com. The link is in the main article. "Superfood" lists are a dime a dozen, so I'm pretty sure PN doesn't have proprietary rights to it. It's just a well-written list, so that's why it was posted here.

Back