20 Super Foods You Need To Build Muscle & Lose Fat

I already addressed why this is a bad idea in the yogurt thread.

Well good for you. I will make sure and not read it.

Why...because it's got a bit of sugar? It's about the same as plain yogurt.

Plain yogurt + shaved almonds + berries + a bit of protein powder + half a banana = the best second breakfest I could ever have. If I want to add more cals I throw some shaved coconut in it. MMM MMM good!

I'll have to try that....sounds good. Minus the coconut.

Well good for you. I will make sure and not read it.

Why...because it's got a bit of sugar? It's about the same as plain yogurt.

I'll have to try that....sounds good. Minus the coconut.

If you had read it, you would know why that is a stupid thing to say.

Get your facts straight before doling out advice and being a jerk.

If you had read it, you would know why that is a stupid thing to say.

Get your facts straight before doling out advice and being a jerk.

It's about the same as plain yogurt quit cryin.

Hostage, I've noticed you constantly give out bad information. You also constantly argue with the people who give out good information.

Hostage, I've noticed you constantly give out bad information. You also constantly argue with the people who give out good information.

+1 Seems to be a few like that

You people, what do you mean you people? Actually, X posted a link awhile back that showed the sugar content in yogurt to be lower than what is listed. Also, if you looked at ingredients instead of just caloric density, you would notice plain yogurts" sugars are from natural lactose: a disaccharide formed from glucose and galactose. Your cottage cheese concoction's main ingredient for the "fruit" topping is HFCS. If you cannot differentiate between those two items by that alone, your advise here is no longer wanted. Thanks.

It's about the same as plain yogurt quit cryin.

GO AND READ MY ACTUAL POST AND YOU WILL SEE WHY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS WRONG. I don't know how to be anymore clear. You're not even in the right ballpark with your posts here.

Wow, you are unbelievable.

Here, I will do your work for you.

"The second factor that makes a difference in this process has to do with how long the yogurt is left to ferment. Although the process continues slowly after chilling, the vast majority happens in the stage where the yogurt is kept warm. Most commercial yogurt does not ferment long enough for the maximum amount of lactose consumption by the bacteria. Dr. Goldberg says that most commercial yogurt with live cultures has 7 to 8 grams of carbohydrate per cup, but that that amount will continue to slowly diminish over time, even after purchase. He also says that by the time the carbohydrate decreases to about 4 to 5 grams per cup, the amount stabilizes because so much lactic acid has been produced that the bacteria go dormant."

Yogurt on a Low-Carb Diet - Counting the Carbs in Yogurt

Ronin, dcouch, and strikerstatus all make valid points as well.

That's why they're similar in sugar content. They're counting a much larger serving of plain yogurt

Yeah..I noticed the larger serving...and the larger serving has more sugar. It evens out to about the same in the end.

Here, I will do your work for you.

"The second factor that makes a difference in this process has to do with how long the yogurt is left to ferment. Although the process continues slowly after chilling, the vast majority happens in the stage where the yogurt is kept warm. Most commercial yogurt does not ferment long enough for the maximum amount of lactose consumption by the bacteria. Dr. Goldberg says that most commercial yogurt with live cultures has 7 to 8 grams of carbohydrate per cup, but that that amount will continue to slowly diminish over time, even after purchase. He also says that by the time the carbohydrate decreases to about 4 to 5 grams per cup, the amount stabilizes because so much lactic acid has been produced that the bacteria go dormant."

Yogurt on a Low-Carb Diet - Counting the Carbs in Yogurt

What the hell are you even talking about? LMAO

And how the hell does this even relate to my original post about cottage doubles? I suggested this product because it was good if you didn't like cottage cheese...but will learn to like it.

Now I'm in another debate about how this product is evil. IT'S THE DEVIL!! OHHHHHH

hostage.jpg

Just sayin'

What the hell are you even talking about? LMAO

And how the hell does this even relate to my original post about cottage doubles? I suggested this product because it was good if you didn't like cottage cheese...but will learn to like it.

Now I'm in another debate about how this product is evil. IT'S THE DEVIL!! OHHHHHH

Oh, gee, I don't know, maybe because you recommended an unhealthy product as an alternative to a healthy product on a diet forum...could that be it?

My favorite part is how when confronted by substantial evidence, you say "what does that have to do with anything?"

EVEN IF you wanted to take the carbs at face value, which would be wrong,
.07 carbs/gram in yogurt
.12 carbs/gram in your "doubles"

There is a much higher carbohydrate density in the doubles. That is significant (~70% more carbs in doubles than yogurt).

You have no ground to stand on. I wouldn't bother spending this much time on this topic but if you insist on posting misinformation, people will be misled.

Back