2 Women Graduate Ranger School

KILL KILL

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
According to the Army Times, two women made it through all 3 phases of Ranger school and will be earning their "Ranger tabs", making them the first females to ever do so.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/08/17/two-women-earn-ranger-tabs-first-army/31889239/

The Army on Monday announced two women and 94 men met the standards of the course's third and final phase, also known as the Swamp Phase.Two women will graduate from Ranger School on Friday, becoming the first women to earn the Ranger Tab.

Their graduation ceremony will take place on Victory Pond at Fort Benning, Georgia.

The women are part of the Army's gender-integrated assessment of the grueling two-month Ranger School.

The assessment has drawn a high level of scrutiny, with many questioning whether the Army is lowering its standards for the elite school — which until now was open only to men — while many others have cheered on the female students.

Army officials insisted the standards were not changed in any way.

"Congratulations to all of our new Rangers," Army Secretary John McHugh said in a statement. "Each Ranger School graduate has shown the physical and mental toughness to successfully lead organizations at any level. This course has proven that every soldier, regardless of gender, can achieve his or her full potential."

However, this isn't without controversy. Some within the Army community believe that the course was watered down in order for these women to pass. It became even more suspicious when it was announced to the class 9 days prior to graduation, that the POTUS himself, Big Barry, would be attending the ceremony. Not to mention, the suspicious behavior of Generals showing an abundant amount of attention to the class by leading patrols (which NEVER happens). To many, it looks as if there was an agenda put in place.

http://www.havokjournal.com/nation/president-plans-to-attend-ranger-school-ceremony-this-guarantees-first-women-will-graduate/

Aside from the reports the past few months about increased sleep, the lack of “smoke sessions,” lighter packing lists, the ridiculous requirement for male candidates to assist in constructing complex “poncho shelters” over slit trenches while trying to remain tactical in a patrol base, questionable “recycle” policies, and two-star generals walking squad patrols, the Ranger Instructors of the 4th Ranger Training Battalion were given a stark dose of reality. Nine days ago, on the exact same morning that graded patrols began in Florida, the RIs were informed by their chain of command that they were to begin preparation to have POTUS attend graduation this coming Friday.

Personally, I"m not against women earning a spot within infantry units. However, it must be earned by the same standards as the men. Hopefully, the rumors are just that, but who knows. There are a lot of other weird issues that need to be worked out as well in order for this to work. I have no idea how this is going to turn out. What do you guys think about all of this?

Last edited:
Whichever is truth and whichever is rumour, it's a damn shame we end up fighting amongst ourselves over it, and not just support those that would take part in the defense of our country.

Put aside what we personally think is best, which we can't possibly have enough insight to know how to run the military, and be hopeful that things work out.

ravu2r.jpg

People will always claim that something is fake if there is some reason they didn't like an outcome. A significantly lower percentage of women made it through than men, IIRC. If they'd been cheating, the numbers would probably have been a bit better

Whichever is truth and whichever is rumour, it's a damn shame we end up fighting amongst ourselves over it, and not just support those that would take part in the defense of our country.

Put aside what we personally think is best, which we can't possibly have enough insight to know how to run the military, and be hopeful that things work out.

The problem arises that there may come a time the soldiers in their unit will need to depend on one another to stay alive. I don't think it's out of the ordinary to want to most qualified people by your side when the time comes, instead of allowing outside influences dictate who you fight alongside.

Meh. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

The problem arises that there may come a time the soldiers in their unit will need to depend on one another to stay alive. I don't think it's out of the ordinary to want to most qualified people by your side when the time comes, instead of allowing outside influences dictate who you fight alongside.

Only 2 women passed, seems about right if you ask me.

While men are generally stronger than women, there are always outliers

Meh. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I agree. I'm curious to see how things work out. Those that have served in the military know that women and men are not treated the same. The women will likely be promoted at a much faster rate then the men. I've personally huddled together with other guys to stay warm. This would be an obvious gray area and could lead to trouble. Women bleed monthly. When you're carrying 100+ pounds of gear into a hostile country, I don't think tampons will be on the packing list. Little things like that.

I agree. I'm curious to see how things work out. Those that have served in the military know that women and men are not treated the same. The women will likely be promoted at a much faster rate then the men. I've personally huddled together with other guys to stay warm. This would be an obvious gray area and could lead to trouble. Women bleed monthly. When you're carrying 100+ pounds of gear into a hostile country, I don't think tampons will be on the packing list. Little things like that.

They could use contraceptives.

And my guess is that they are not going to work on the field.

Of course, but does these girls passing ranger school directly make that happen?

This is just a story about female soldiers getting and opportunity and accomplishing something. Not something life or death for anyone. Must we mention the slippery slope and fears of a compromised military every time there's a women soldier story? Cant just be happy that some of our soldiers took on a challenge, and root for them?

Of course, but does these girls passing ranger school directly make that happen?

This is just a story about female soldiers getting and opportunity and accomplishing something. Not something life or death for anyone. Must we mention the slippery slope and fears of a compromised military every time there's a women soldier story? Cant just be happy that some of our soldiers took on a challenge, and root for them?

Right, but can you not understand why some would be angry if the course was made easier?

They could use contraceptives.

And my guess is that they are not going to work on the field.

Due to their MOS, they will spend a significant amount of time in the field.

EDIT: They're both actually officers. Unless they're a Major or above, they'll not only be spending a significant amount of time in the field, but they'll be leading squads, platoons, and possibly even entire companies of Rangers.

Last edited:
i'm wondering how these 2 women deal with swampy ass humid and wet environment in FL/GA for weeks at a time without access to shower.

when i was in LDAC the female cadets were given showers (per cadet command's SOP) every 7 days to prevent spread of infections.

i'm wondering how these 2 women deal with swampy ass humid and wet environment in FL/GA for weeks at a time without access to shower.

when i was in LDAC the female cadets were given showers (per cadet command's SOP) every 7 days to prevent spread of infections.

wet wipes?

Right, but can you not understand why some would be angry if the course was made easier?

Sure.

Can you not understand the folly of it without the least shred of evidence?

wet wipes?

i don't think wet wipes would help. i don't even think shower every 7 days helped either because there was one female cadet who had to be sent to the rear for some some kind of fungus growing out of her scalp

Sure.

What are you talking about? I said in the OP that these were just rumors being spread by some of the other graduates. I'm happy for the women.

I don't want to alarm you but this has bean happening with Police Officers and Fire Fighters ( you know, the people who are supposed to rescue you from a burning building) for years.

They don't even try to hide it. The qualifications openly have things like men must be able to do a minimum of 12 pull ups, women...1.

What are you talking about? I said in the OP that these were just rumors being spread by some of the other graduates. I'm happy for the women.

Rumors are not evidence.

And to be clear im not accusing you anything, or making any such assumptions of your stance on it

Sure.

the POTUS is going to be at graduation on Friday and election is coming up. it wouldn't surprise me at all if this whole thing was planned months before.

Back