2 Women Graduate Ranger School

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by KILL KILL, Aug 17, 2015.

1. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

According to the Army Times, two women made it through all 3 phases of Ranger school and will be earning their "Ranger tabs", making them the first females to ever do so.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/08/17/two-women-earn-ranger-tabs-first-army/31889239/

However, this isn't without controversy. Some within the Army community believe that the course was watered down in order for these women to pass. It became even more suspicious when it was announced to the class 9 days prior to graduation, that the POTUS himself, Big Barry, would be attending the ceremony. Not to mention, the suspicious behavior of Generals showing an abundant amount of attention to the class by leading patrols (which NEVER happens). To many, it looks as if there was an agenda put in place.

http://www.havokjournal.com/nation/president-plans-to-attend-ranger-school-ceremony-this-guarantees-first-women-will-graduate/

Personally, I"m not against women earning a spot within infantry units. However, it must be earned by the same standards as the men. Hopefully, the rumors are just that, but who knows. There are a lot of other weird issues that need to be worked out as well in order for this to work. I have no idea how this is going to turn out. What do you guys think about all of this?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  2. hasar

hasar Yellow Card Yellow Card

3. spin

spin Gold Belt Platinum Member

Whichever is truth and whichever is rumour, it's a damn shame we end up fighting amongst ourselves over it, and not just support those that would take part in the defense of our country.

Put aside what we personally think is best, which we can't possibly have enough insight to know how to run the military, and be hopeful that things work out.

4. MacDuffle

MacDuffle Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

5. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

People will always claim that something is fake if there is some reason they didn't like an outcome. A significantly lower percentage of women made it through than men, IIRC. If they'd been cheating, the numbers would probably have been a bit better

6. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

The problem arises that there may come a time the soldiers in their unit will need to depend on one another to stay alive. I don't think it's out of the ordinary to want to most qualified people by your side when the time comes, instead of allowing outside influences dictate who you fight alongside.

7. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

Meh. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

8. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Only 2 women passed, seems about right if you ask me.

While men are generally stronger than women, there are always outliers

9. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

I agree. I'm curious to see how things work out. Those that have served in the military know that women and men are not treated the same. The women will likely be promoted at a much faster rate then the men. I've personally huddled together with other guys to stay warm. This would be an obvious gray area and could lead to trouble. Women bleed monthly. When you're carrying 100+ pounds of gear into a hostile country, I don't think tampons will be on the packing list. Little things like that.

10. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

They could use contraceptives.

And my guess is that they are not going to work on the field.

11. spin

Of course, but does these girls passing ranger school directly make that happen?

This is just a story about female soldiers getting and opportunity and accomplishing something. Not something life or death for anyone. Must we mention the slippery slope and fears of a compromised military every time there's a women soldier story? Cant just be happy that some of our soldiers took on a challenge, and root for them?

12. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

Right, but can you not understand why some would be angry if the course was made easier?

13. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

Due to their MOS, they will spend a significant amount of time in the field.

EDIT: They're both actually officers. Unless they're a Major or above, they'll not only be spending a significant amount of time in the field, but they'll be leading squads, platoons, and possibly even entire companies of Rangers.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  14. Toothless King

Toothless King Brown Belt

i'm wondering how these 2 women deal with swampy ass humid and wet environment in FL/GA for weeks at a time without access to shower.

when i was in LDAC the female cadets were given showers (per cadet command's SOP) every 7 days to prevent spread of infections.

15. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

wet wipes?

16. spin

Sure.

Can you not understand the folly of it without the least shred of evidence?

17. Toothless King

i don't think wet wipes would help. i don't even think shower every 7 days helped either because there was one female cadet who had to be sent to the rear for some some kind of fungus growing out of her scalp

18. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

What are you talking about? I said in the OP that these were just rumors being spread by some of the other graduates. I'm happy for the women.

19. Vhagar

Vhagar Blue Belt

I don't want to alarm you but this has bean happening with Police Officers and Fire Fighters ( you know, the people who are supposed to rescue you from a burning building) for years.

They don't even try to hide it. The qualifications openly have things like men must be able to do a minimum of 12 pull ups, women...1.

20. spin

Rumors are not evidence.

And to be clear im not accusing you anything, or making any such assumptions of your stance on it

21. Toothless King

the POTUS is going to be at graduation on Friday and election is coming up. it wouldn't surprise me at all if this whole thing was planned months before.

22. spin

Not. Evidence.