2 Women Graduate Ranger School

Rumors are not evidence.

And to be clear im not accusing you anything, or making any such assumptions of your stance on it

I never said there was evidence. I just reported the story from both sides. I'm sure we'll find out more from the other graduates.

Not. Evidence.
i'm an Army officer and i'm familiar with all the politics within the Army.

of course, it's speculation. the only people who know the truth are the men in the women's platoon and the RTB cadres.

i'm an Army officer and i'm familiar with all the politics within the Army.

of course, it's speculation. the only people who know the truth are the men in the women's platoon and the RTB cadres.

Which goes back to my original point

The problem arises that there may come a time the soldiers in their unit will need to depend on one another to stay alive. I don't think it's out of the ordinary to want to most qualified people by your side when the time comes, instead of allowing outside influences dictate who you fight alongside.

the military right now is switching from war-fighting mode to admin/politic mode i.e. force reduction, don't ask don't tell, females, sharp training, sexual harassment, etc.

i guess all the brass in Pentagon have to do something to keep their job relevant now that they don't have two wars to fight.

I never said there was evidence. I just reported the story from both sides. I'm sure we'll find out more from the other graduates.

You brought it up in my response to my post on being mad without any evidence. The implication being that it was a counter point. I'm not really sure how you got lost on the back and forth

As for you not taking sides, i never insinuated you did anything less.

The problem arises that there may come a time the soldiers in their unit will need to depend on one another to stay alive. I don't think it's out of the ordinary to want to most qualified people by your side when the time comes, instead of allowing outside influences dictate you fight alongside.

Just goes to show most folks have no clue what goes on in the wars of their nation. women, specifically, female medics have been serving combat support roles in afghanistan and iraq since the beginning ie male soldiers have depended on female soldiers from time to time to stay alive. Women have gotten pregnant overseas and their are openly gay male soldiers serving too.

It's pretty embarrassing that their are vets on this board that have served with female soldiers and will still say they don't deserve to fight and that there aren't a few competent women every year with the skills necessary to pass itb and whatever rip is now.

Due to their MOS, they will spend a significant amount of time in the field.

EDIT: They're both actually officers. Unless they're a Major or above, they'll not only be spending a significant amount of time in the field, but they'll be leading squads, platoons, and possibly even entire companies of Rangers.
Your last sentence is incorrect because Ranger School (a leadership course that's always been open to all MOSs) has nothing to do with being a Ranger. That entails going through RASP and being assigned to the 75th.

Just goes to show most folks have no clue what goes on in the wars of their nation. women, specifically, female medics have been serving combat support roles in afghanistan and iraq since the beginning ie male soldiers have depended on female soldiers from time to time to stay alive. Women have gotten pregnant overseas and their are openly gay male soldiers serving too.

It's pretty embarrassing that their are vets on this board that have served with female soldiers and will still say they don't deserve to fight and that there aren't a few competent women every year with the skills necessary to pass itb and whatever rip is now.
ITB is a joke. That's not exactly something to brag about.

Shut up you whiny little bitches.

aliens_vasquez.jpg

Due to their MOS, they will spend a significant amount of time in the field.

EDIT: They're both actually officers. Unless they're a Major or above, they'll not only be spending a significant amount of time in the field, but they'll be leading squads, platoons, and possibly even entire companies of Rangers.

Explain how they will lead squads, platoons, and companies of Rangers? They don't have a scroll. Finding a platoon, let alone a company full of tabbed personnel is damn near impossible.

Last edited:
Most women officers when you run into them are already unbearable. These two will be that x100.

I'm sure that they'll turn any Ranger unit they go to into complete shit.

Because it's all based on personal experience. Almost every woman I've ever served with was completely and utterly worthless when it came to anything physical, which is a huge component of the military.

Can't pick up anything heavy for work, fall out of every unit run, can't make it through a normal unit hump/ruck march, etc.

The problem arises that there may come a time the soldiers in their unit will need to depend on one another to stay alive. I don't think it's out of the ordinary to want to most qualified people by your side when the time comes, instead of allowing outside influences dictate who you fight alongside.

You can't always have the most qualified, but you can have soldiers who met the standards which these women apparently did. To get the most qualified everyone would go through BUDS level training.

Because it's all based on personal experience. Almost every woman I've ever served with was completely and utterly worthless when it came to anything physical, which is a huge component of the military.

Can't pick up anything heavy for work, fall out of every unit run, can't make it through a normal unit hump/ruck march, etc.

That's why the Army needs to make APFT gender neutral. As long as double standard exists, it's hard for Army leadership to preach to their subordinates that females are just as capable as the males.

That's why the Army needs to make APFT gender neutral. As long as double standard exists, it's hard for Army leadership to preach to their subordinates that females are just as capable as the males.

I was in the Marines. The PFT upper body portion for men was based on pullups, whereas for women it was this dumb flexed arm hang thing. There was an article in the Marine Corps Times once about how while only like 9% of men maxed out their pullups (20), something like 72% of women maxed out their flexed arm hang. It was pretty ironic that while almost every woman in the unit was a fat slob, they all ran like 280s and 290s on the PFT (out of 300). These women would come in on the run time like 7 minutes after me, only to find out they had a near perfect physical fitness test. Unbelievable.

I'm sure that they'll turn any Ranger unit they go to into complete shit.

Nah, these 2 females will not be in a Ranger unit (for now) for 2 reasons: combat exclusion rule still exists and they graduated from Ranger school, not RASP

I was in the Marines. The PFT upper body portion for men was based on pullups, whereas for women it was this dumb flexed arm hang thing. There was an article in the Marine Corps Times once about how while only like 9% of men maxed out their pullups (20), something like 72% of women maxed out their flexed arm hang. It was pretty ironic that while almost every woman in the unit was a fat slob, they all ran like 280s and 290s on the PFT (out of 300). These women would come in on the run time like 7 minutes after me, only to find out they had a near perfect physical fitness test. Unbelievable.

Jesus man. That's ridiculous... I wonder if it's that bad everywhere, all the time. Wouldn't surprise me.

Female standards are shit
They have their own uniforms, which kind of goes against the uni prefix
Different grooming standards

I googled equal and the definition was not equal to what is going on

Back