1st session in 2 years - how long for the pain/stiffness to pass?

I feel ya man, I've been getting back into it after being off a lot of heavy stuff being in season and banged up and I've had to really hold back. Just a regular deadlift is hard work but more than that my shoulders and lats are murdered from it days later!

Jealous of your ability to earn money off your athleticism.

lol - I never earned money (except for one time I was given the equivalent of 50 pounds in baht after a 5 round muay thai fight in bangkok).

How many "pro" mma fighters out there earn money.

I mean pro rules.

I would never bank on making money off sports ever.

But I take it as seriously as if I do.
However it led me to become a physical therapist, which I do make money off of - so I guess indirectly it facilitated making bank.

Maybe a week lol. I hope you feel better in 3 days

lol - I never earned money (except for one time I was given the equivalent of 50 pounds in baht after a 5 round muay thai fight in bangkok).

How many "pro" mma fighters out there earn money.

I mean pro rules.

I would never bank on making money off sports ever.

But I take it as seriously as if I do.
However it led me to become a physical therapist, which I do make money off of - so I guess indirectly it facilitated making bank.

For being a physical therapist you ask some really, really basic questions.

4th session back.

Difference = I could go heavier.

Heavier = less sets = different kind of energy burn.

We'll see if I get the tension/stress headaches just now that I'd been getting with crazy long first couple sessions back.

Basically did my go-to exercise = RDL's.

Then dumb bell press - I used to be able to press 50's on the angle bench, now I got to 35 (kg) on the flat bench and it felt wonderful, lol.

2 years off and 4th session back I guess that's okay.

Finished up with some leg press machine and some ab work.
Just over 1 hour workout, don't think I over did it.

If I don't need to take some paracetamol before I go to bed tonight, then I'm doing it right.

Definitely don't feel as drained as I had the last few times.

Last edited:
I tried some light squats also.

My hamstrings are still not 100%.

This is two weeks on.

If you want to burn your legs deep and hurt for a week, go do some measured sprints. And don't stop 10 yards short of distance. If there's a track close by do some 20/50/70/100 yard sprints. Or sign up for a 5k/10k mud obstacle coarse race

6th workout back.

160 kgs on dead lifts (1x).
Up from 110 on first workout, and up from 140 on last time I was in (3 days ago).

I guess that's coming on quickly, but still feels a long way from my 240 kg 1 RM.

Also ham-S are all good now, full depth on high bar squats.

Back