19th Annual DICE Awards Announced! *UPDATE* Post #3: Game Developer's Choice Awards Announced

SW:BF was fucking trash....

Soulless and garbage, the game has been completely ruined by EA.

And lol@ F04 winning that game looks like a Ps3 game, it should has never been included as a "next gen game".

That is the worst dice awards ive ever seen...
So I take it that your choice for GOTY and Action GOTY weren't even nominated?

SW:BF was fucking trash....

Soulless and garbage, the game has been completely ruined by EA.

And lol@ F04 winning that game looks like a Ps3 game, it should has never been included as a "next gen game".

That is the worst dice awards ive ever seen...

So I take it shovel knight was trash because the graphics were from nes/Snes era?

I had W3 as GOTY for me, but its not saying much to be honest.
Witcher 3 had good story, the setting was great however i didnt like the fact that mobs stayed on the same lvl no matter how far you progressed which kinda ruined the open world aspect for me. Also the combat while it was good it got quickly repetetive after a while, no matter what kind of monster i fought i would approach the fight in the same manner almost all the time.

I added the Game Developer's Choice Award nominations to the third post. I think I like them best of all. That ceremony will be held on March 16th.

There is always difference of opinion, guys, that is key to remember, but don't forget proportion. You don't have to go from zero to alleging corruption or fraud. Lobbying is enough. Lobbying gets things done. But we don't need to exaggerate the disappointment that perhaps a deserving title doesn't win.

For example, nobody disputes Giant Bomb's sterling reputation. Well, not only was Fallout 4 not their GOTY winner or even a runner-up; it was listed as an runner-up for their "Most Disappointing" category on Day 2 of their GOTY roundup week. Fallout 4 is now the DICE game of the year. Though it did not win, it was nominated for GOTY at the Game Developer's Choice Awards, Gametrailers, and the Game Awards. It was a Top 10 game for both the PS4 & XB1 as rated by Metacritic in 2015. It's not like it's some garbage upset. Yet, despite all these other accolades and nods, Giant Bomb seemed to feel that it was just mediocre and too familiar.

Meanwhile, Giant Bomb's own Game of the Year was none other than....Destiny! Which didn't even win the DICE Action category above which is itself-- as a category-- just roundly getting trashed, thrashed and bashed in this thread. Rare Replay and Grand Theft Auto V (which I'm pretty sure was on last year's calendar for most of these ceremonies) were their runners-up. Splatoon, The Witcher 3, and Rocket League were the most splashed all across their awards with wins and runners-up.

*Edit*
Perhaps there could be no better example of how absurd this stuff is than this. So in this video Gametrailer's Bosman discusses the upcoming Game Awards GOTY candidates and discusses two argument for each: first for why it will win, and then another for why it won't. In it, he discusses how Metal Gear Solid V is a game that doesn't belong among the nominees, stating bluntly, "It is incomplete." He talks about how it has a terrible story and writing, and that microtransactions don't belong in the GOTY category, and points out how none of the other nominees contain them. He even says, and I quote, "It should be DISQUALIFIED!" and "You can't nominate a game like that for Game of the Year."

Gametrailers nominated Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain as a finalist for their own 2015 Game of the Year.

Last edited:
A few days late, but I updated with winners from the Game Developer's Choice Awards in post #3. They hold the ceremony at the Game Developer's Conference. I forgot to generate a thread with live coverage links when that was going.

The Witcher 3, Her Story, & Ori and the Blind Forest dominated with these people who are the ones that actually code and create the games we play. Rocket League also manages to pull out a win...again.

I suppose if I had to arbitrarily power rank all of the GOTY awards ceremonies into one Top 10 list for 2015 it would look like this:

GOTY Top 10 Power Ranking
  1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Fallout 4
  4. Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
  5. Ori and the Blind Forest
  6. Rocket League
  7. Her Story
  8. Splatoon
  9. Life is Strange
  10. Destiny: The Taken King

Last edited:
I dont usually pay attention to awards shows, but this one caught my attention. I am straight up confused by the winners and their categories. Like many others, I think the Fallout 4 was outclassed by a handful of other games. The mashup categories just seem strange and most of the winners seem wrong. Its like they gave the award first and then made up categories to fit the award.

Outclassed by a handful of games lol. Try none. No game outclassed it. Not even close. The Witcher isn't even a role playing game. Its an action game with less advanced gameplay than Fallout 4 or Skyrim.

Back