Television 1899 movie, dropping tommorow on netflix

Event Boat Horizon

I'm through all 8 episodes and the grievance I have with it is it does seem to borrow too much from various other science fiction movies and TV shows. I've seen this stuff before.

Last edited:
They absolutely knew what they were doing and the payoff is incredible.

Eh... not in the slightest. Pretty much the opposite actually. In the beginning you might think that, but the writing really comes together by the 3rd season. I only have 1 small problem with the writing in that show, but I can't say what it is since it's such a big spoiler.

These responses are appreciated, & making me consider giving this show another shot

I guess it's time to call in the big guns

@Loiosh where u at motherf*ker

Should I finish DARK or not

These responses are appreciated, & making me consider giving this show another shot

I guess it's time to call in the big guns

@Loiosh where u at motherf*ker

Should I finish DARK or not

I, um, haven't seen Dark, and based on the very little I'm seeing in your post and the ones above it I'm going to avoid this conversation until I do.

Dark has been VERY highly recommended to me and I have it in my pocket to only watch when I have the time to give it all my attention.

German Conor searching for Khabib on the Kerberos. Hair transplant hasn't kicked in yet.

ya2aVKr.png

EYtqH1o.png

I finished. It's very good. 8.5/10.

Finished yesterday

very good 9/10

Only gripe is it left on a huge cliffhanger and they haven't said if theres going to be a season 2 yet

It has a Return of the Curse of the Creatures Ghost vibe to me but Im still watching.

Last edited:
I tried a few episodes of DARK, but I couldn't get into it.

I kinda got the vibe like the writers didn't really know what they were doing, but were acting like they did, & were gonna kinda make it up as they went along, even if it all didn't make any clear sense overall at the end. Kinda like LOST. So I bailed
I know you already have a few answers but, Dark really is one of the finest put together shows I’ve ever seen. Their ability to weave it all into a coherent story is phenomenal.

Lost was great for two seasons then Meandered in the desert until it died of dehydration.

so far we are one episode into 1899 and right away we noticed the opening sequence was very similar to black sails.

I know you already have a few answers but, Dark really is one of the finest put together shows I’ve ever seen. Their ability to weave it all into a coherent story is phenomenal.

Lost was great for two seasons then Meandered in the desert until it died of dehydration.

so far we are one episode into 1899 and right away we noticed the opening sequence was very similar to black sails.

The intro for 1899 is absolutely terrible I thought. The music I mean. Black Sails had a good intro.

Coming back to this thread, after watching the entire season, I give it 7.5 or 8. Not amazing by any means. Not bad.

The intro for 1899 is absolutely terrible I thought. The music I mean. Black Sails had a good intro.

Coming back to this thread, after watching the entire season, I give it 7.5 or 8. Not amazing by any means. Not bad.
One of the shows I skip the intro for. Skipped it for Raised By Wolves too but then I started to let it play and it grew on me. This one though? Nope.
I do like the end music.

Yeah, the song seemed out of place. I was talking about the animation

first episode was great
some visuals are astounding
it just collapses into matrix obscurantism that i feel is only appealing to insecure wannabe nerds that think vagueness somehow contains the hiddenness of acute intellect.
6/10, 5 of which being the visuals, which are impressive.
would not watch again.

Conor McGregor isn't a bad actor by any means. He's a pretty good as the first mate.
I noticed that too! was a bit distracting.

so who all finished all the episodes? I'm on episode 5 and not really into it. I loved Dark, and remember it took me a few episodes to really get into it but 1899 just feels too scattered and cliche at times. How many times do people have to wake up from a dream gasping and sitting up? just to show us how 'dramatic' it is

what stuff did u give a 9 or 10?

Back