184 lbs Lawler who was planning to cut to 170lbs, is gonna face 195lbs+ Nick Diaz, fight night

I give a fuck because I want to see a fair fight.....I want to see the product advertised which is two fighters fighting at the same weight class/weight.

All this is tainted with this bullshit......LMFAO @ size/weight not mattering for diaz......but even if you want to say it doesn't matter to him, it does matter to robbie lawler, he could've came in with more power/strength.

Diaz relies on cardio and volume to overwhelm his opponents. If it goes to the ground, he uses his BJJ. This fight likely doesn't touch the mat, and Diaz isn't known for his wrestling to get it there. Lawler has plenty of power and strength. He's not worried one bit, he doesn't give a fuck. He weighed in at 184 lbs.

Do you not understand water cutting?

Lawler is 184lbs with shirt/shorts...meaning that's pretty much gonna be his fight night weight.

Nate Diaz is gonna rehydrate to 195lbs +......

So nope, it's not going to be a 1.5lbs advantage...it's gonna be much much more.

His shirt and shorts weigh maybe one pound combined. Maybe. He'll still rehydrate a bit, and Diaz may not necessarily rehydrate 10-15 lbs. I understand cutting very well, I used to cut weight, I've competed. The few extra pounds that Diaz may have on Lawler isn't some evil maniacal plan that he's been secretly plotting for 6 years to get back at the guy that he knocked out 17 years ago and got some name recognition off of. You don't know the story. None of us do. His opponent gives 2 fucks, and the fight is on. 184 vs 185.5 lbs. If Nick rehydrates 10 lbs and looks fat, soft, and sloppy tomorrow, do you honestly think that's going to give him some advantage? The advantage goes to Lawler for not having to go through an actual cut and rehydration process. That shit isn't good for your body, friend. Lawler is going to be the fresher of the two. It ain't shit, and you girls need to calm the fuck down. Why do you care more than Lawler? Lol

E__PQa1VIAM0Nn4.jpg

Cheap move by Diaz....It's clear that he cut water weight to 185lbs just look how shredded he is....Dude never planned on cutting to 170lbs.

Compare this to lawler who weigh in with clothes on.

This is absolute bullshit.......inb4 "lawler could've denied it".....Yeah and miss on a payday + he would be called a coward for denying the fight....Everybody who knows Robbie Lawler, knew he will take the fight regardless including Nick Diaz/Dana....thus Nick never planned on cutting to 170lbs, he knew robbie would take the fight at 185lbs on short notice.

He could've easily has said the fight to take place at 185lbs since the get go, but he knew a properly bulked Lawer at 185lbs which give him more problems.

I hate blatant cheating like this, but is so obvious....Im rooting for lawler, screw this cheat, I'm a Nick Diaz fan as well, but this blatant cheating is such bullshit.

Lawler is a quiet dude and a company man.

He definitely got bamboozled and what Nick did is unprofessional and will absolutely give him an advantage. I'm a huge fan of Nick and rooting for him but this was total bullshit.
The issue is that Robbie fighting someone with a significant size advantage, which was gained by misleading him. Now props to Robbie for being a straight shooter and just taking the fight anyway, but how do you not see the issue with what Diaz and his camp are pulling?

I like Nick, so it's sad to see him to resort to these tactics to gain an advantage.

This is the shit that happens in barn yard fights, not in the top MMA org in the world from a veteran like Diaz.

Big fan of both guys but it's clear the weight class change was for Nick and not Robbie.

Mad props to Robbie who took this fight anyway and accommodated for Nick. He's beyond professional.

You don't know what Nick's intentions were. You are speculating. Lawler accepted the fight. I still fail to see the bigger issue at hand here if his opponent accepted the bout. You guys are all up in arms always looking to persecute guys. The other guy involved doesn't care.
I didn’t get the feeling that Robbie doesn’t care from the multiple times it was brought up in interviews. I got more of a “I’m not going to focus on that” vibe. I’m a fan of nick. But this was a shitty move.

I didn’t get the feeling that Robbie doesn’t care from the multiple times it was brought up in interviews. I got more of a “I’m not going to focus on that” vibe. I’m a fan of nick. But this was a shitty move.

Robbie walks at 190+. Why would he care if he found out at the start of his cut that he doesn't have to finish cutting? All he did was lay off the sodium and stay focused. Now he'll reintroduce sodium, rehydrate, and will likely be 190-195 tomorrow night. It may have thrown his plans off a bit, but not having to cut all the way isn't some crazy detriment to a fighter. It's more of a relief.

Diaz isn’t smart enough to make a calculated move

Lol - I almost went there earlier. I went with this instead:

"The few extra pounds that Diaz may have on Lawler isn't some evil maniacal plan that he's been secretly plotting for 6 years to get back at the guy that he knocked out 17 years ago and got some name recognition off of."

Yes, I think this is dirty tactics from Nick and his team. Hope Robbie knocks him the fuck out.

It's fucking ridiculous and Dana White that robber barron is letting it happen without giving a shit, just literally handed Lawler some cash in private and made it a done deal. Lawler literally stepped on the scale, fully hydrated, and weighed 184lbs. Diaz weighed 185lbs clearly dehydrated.

Could very well be a Diaz KO rd 1 or 2. I previously said Lawler by KO but this changes everything.
Fuck MMA is corrupt AF.
14lbs with clothes on seems a bit low, he might not be a huge weight cutter but i would expect something closer to 20lbs by fight night.

Robbie walks at 190+. Why would he care if he found out at the start of his cut that he doesn't have to finish cutting? All he did was lay off the sodium and stay focused. Now he'll reintroduce sodium, rehydrate, and will likely be 190-195 tomorrow night. It may have thrown his plans off a bit, but not having to cut all the way isn't some crazy detriment to a fighter. It's more of a relief.
Nick likely cut to make the weight limit. That’ll make him bigger than Robbie on fight night.

Nick likely cut to make the weight limit. That’ll make him bigger than Robbie on fight night.

Robbie typically walks around higher and cuts more. Nick was soft and looked to be carrying a lot more fat than he usually does. Robbie had barely started his cut when it was changed to 185. He just had to cut less. He'll be fine, I promise.

Robbie typically walks around higher and cuts more. Nick was soft and looked to be carrying a lot more fat than he usually does. Robbie had barely started his cut when it was changed to 185. He just had to cut less. He'll be fine, I promise.
Ya I think Robbie will win. But it still seemed like a pretty slimy move by Nick and his team.

You don't know that I don't know that some sherbro might in fact know!

But how do you know that I don't know what you don't know that someone else doesn't know what is known?

<BC1>

It's a bitch move.

I didn't want to see that fight at first but now I wanna see Nick bleed.

It's the same dummy that complained Gsp was allegedly allowed to miss weight in Quebec.

Diaz isn’t smart enough to make a calculated move
I remember people said Nate taited supplements from the company he partialy own on purpose.
That would be an incredibly clever move so it's probably not true.

Same here.

Back