184 lbs Lawler who was planning to cut to 170lbs, is gonna face 195lbs+ Nick Diaz, fight night

It just seems that way to me. It's possible Nick tried his best to cut weight but something caused it not happen. Just a strange thing to find out 4 days before the fight, especially since we are talking about 10-15 lbs.

It'd be different if he was known to be a dirty fighter or use underhanded tactics. A few pounds is negligible, they're roughly the same size dudes. Lawler came in at 184. Were you guys even around during the OW days? Fuckin HWs can be at a 60+ lbs disadvantage. Helax. It's ok. Robbie doesn't give a fuck.

Nick is a great guy because he does a lot of drugs and doesn't care about fighting. - Average Diaz Fanboy.

It'd be different if he was known to be a dirty fighter or use underhanded tactics. A few pounds is negligible, they're roughly the same size dudes. Lawler came in at 184. Were you guys even around during the OW days? Fuckin HWs can be at a 60+ lbs disadvantage. Helax. It's ok. Robbie doesn't give a fuck.
Back in the open weight days, people knew it was open weight since the fights were announced......That's the difference.

Lawler was mislead into believing this would be a 170lbs fight........Way different scnerio here.

But I get it, you're boi is Nick Diaz so you're in denial but anybody with any sort of logical brain can see right thru the bullshit.

E__PQa1VIAM0Nn4.jpg

Seriously? Look at how he looked at the weigh ins....you can clearly see his abs unlike earlier that week, why? because he cut water weight to get to 185lbs thus he looks more shredded.....It's obvious.

So yeah the dude is cutting to 185lbs, he will be way heavier than lawler........You people are so in denial lol.

How did Robbie look at 184?

Back in the open weight days, people knew it was open weight since the fights were announced......That's the difference.

Lawler was mislead into believing this would be a 170lbs fight........Way different scnerio here.

But I get it, you're boi is Nick Diaz so you're in denial but anybody with any sort of logical brain can see right thru the bullshit.

I'm not rooting for either. Robbie doesn't give a fuck. Why do you? A few pounds doesn't mean shit. Nick doesn't use size and weight to win his fights either. If anything, it'll be detrimental to him.

He weigh in with shirt/shorts and was 184lbs.

LMFAO @ you implying he is super shredded and cut 1 extra lbs......GTFO here with that bullshit.

I'm saying that they were within 1.5 lbs of each other. How much you think his shirt and shorts weighed?

Everyone complaining either ignores or doesn’t understand the long term benefits of Robbie’s 20-year “program”.

I’m not even bashing. Love Lawler. Hate USADA. But come on.

Well Robbie would've probably taken this fight if Nick told him a year in advance that would be coming in 15 lbs over. I wouldn't say 15 lbs (~8%) is negligible, then fighters probably wouldn't try to cut weight so hard. But hey I've never cut weight or fought so what do I know.

Lawler is gonna be outsized, come on , there's a reason why weight classes exist......and Nick never intended to fight at 170lbs....it's a cheap move towards lawler...Lawler should've gotten the opportunity to properly bulked to 185lbs.

Come on man, it's so obvious that is wrong.
Lawler has knockouts at mw.. he won't be undersized. Nick isn't carrying 15 pounds of muscle on him if anytbing nick is still at a disadvantage with 15 extra pounds of pretty much just fat on him. Nick didn't move up a weight class he jist has some fat and cut less weight. Not like Robbie is all drawn out and Nick is fresh. It's gonna make no difference.

I'm not rooting for either. Robbie doesn't give a fuck. Why do you? A few pounds doesn't mean shit. Nick doesn't use size and weight to win his fights either. If anything, it'll be detrimental to him.
I give a fuck because I want to see a fair fight.....I want to see the product advertised which is two fighters fighting at the same weight class/weight.

All this is tainted with this bullshit......LMFAO @ size/weight not mattering for diaz......but even if you want to say it doesn't matter to him, it does matter to robbie lawler, he could've came in with more power/strength.

If Nick planned this it's shady. Lawler is such a class act that we'll never know his true feelings. On the flipside, maybe Nick has been injured, or didn't take the training seriously enough. We don't really know.

I'm saying that they were within 1.5 lbs of each other. How much you think his shirt and shorts weighed?

Do you not understand water cutting?

Lawler is 184lbs with shirt/shorts...meaning that's pretty much gonna be his fight night weight.

Nate Diaz is gonna rehydrate to 195lbs +......

So nope, it's not going to be a 1.5lbs advantage...it's gonna be much much more.

I obviously have no way of knowing this, but my suspicion is that Robbie is most likely much more annoyed by this than he is letting on

I suspect they are financially compensating him in someway to alleviate his annoyance.

Well Robbie would've probably taken this fight if Nick told him a year in advance that would be coming in 15 lbs over. I wouldn't say 15 lbs (~8%) is negligible, then fighters probably wouldn't try to cut weight so hard. But hey I've never cut weight or fought so what do I know.

They were 1.5 lbs away from each other, literally 1/10th of what you just said, not 15 lbs.

They were 1.5 lbs away from each other, literally 1/10th of what you just said, not 15 lbs.
You do realize that Nick is going to rehydrate all the water weight he cut, while Robbie won't right? Because Nick cut weight. And Robbie did not cut weight.

Are you trolling? Do you not understand that fighters cut weight for weigh-ins, then rehydrate which can add a lot of weight (10-15lbs isn't an unreasonable expectation for this weight class)?

Lawler doesn't care. So why should we care? You guys clearly don't know exactly what happened. None of us do.

You're all speculating. Stop saying Nick is cheating, etc. Etc.

No one knows.

Robbie doesn't care. Nick doesn't care. It's just a possibly entertaining superfight between two old timer warriors. They don't give a shit. It's not like anyone of them is being fed to a young lion trying to prove himself.

Of course the fight could be a boring sparring, but yet again it could also be a bloodbath if both guys' killer instincts kick in. I really don't know, but I don't expect absolutely anything from that one anyways.

Back