15 days till jujitsu tournament: Cardio Advice

Jasonny5895

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I havent competed in a cpl of years, and last time I did it was in a muay thai fight. I train both thai and Bjj, and was offered to represent my gym in tournament at a local event in a cpl weeks. My cardio is pretty good, I train probably 3-4 times a week (2 thai, 2 bjj) usually.

I would like to up my cardio for last 14 days but want to avoid over training. I just found out an hr. ago about the fight. Its gonna be a four man tournament, 2 (4) min rounds, 2 fights if I win the first one. Ive been rolling for a cpl years, but have always put it second to thai boxing.

Any advice on what to add to training besides extra rolling, as far as running, sprints etc? How many days should I go before tapering off previous to match.

I know this is kind of small but I would like to put on a good show, and have some fun

I'd just stick with the rolling, and taper off the running over the next week. You''re not going to significantly improve your cardio in 2 weeks - now's the time to avoid injury and make sure you're fresh for the fight.

I'd just stick with the rolling, and taper off the running over the next week. You''re not going to significantly improve your cardio in 2 weeks - now's the time to avoid injury and make sure you're fresh for the fight.

Thanks, its just with my work schedule I can only get to my fighting gym 4X a week, so I would like to tap into that cardio work before work at night etc.

odds are you won't train hard enough to truly overtrain. go all out and do as much as possible. as long as you're eating and sleeping properly, you'll be fine.

I would like to up my cardio for last 14 days but want to avoid over training.

At two weeks you should be starting to think about tapering. There's nothing you can do in that amount of time to increase your aerobic or anaerobic capacity.

You have the gas now you'll be rolling with. Congratulations. You earned it.

Roll for rounds, go four minutes rest one minute and roll again for four with a new partner. Keep doing this for several rounds but taper towards the end.

Back