14 cops arrest amputee, sit on his prosthetic leg -- mistook crutches for weapons

Generally, one can commit either voluntary or involuntary manslaughter. The second is killing somebody via an accident. Voluntary manslaughter can result if they killed someone, but thought (wrongly) that there was a reason to do so.

Isn't "attempted manslaughter" normally called, "reckless endangerment?"

I suppose you would wait to see if the gun was real by letting him shoot you?

Take a position, identify themselves? Give him a chance to surrender?
Seeing as not only had nobody been shot or threatened, or even the least bit concerned beside the guy that called in.

There's a video, look it up.

Take a position, identify themselves? Give him a chance to surrender?
Seeing as not only had nobody been shot or threatened, or even the least bit concerned beside the guy that called in.

There's a video, look it up.

No way. Any and all action that doesn't involve immediately opening fire as soon as the suspect is identified put's police lives at risk. Better to just shoot him/it/them and deal with it for a month or so in the media before most people just shrug and forget until the next problem comes along.

Isn't "attempted manslaughter" normally called, "reckless endangerment?"

That might fit better with involuntary, but yes, then it would be.

Attempted manslaughter would be if somebody tried to kill somebody, and if they had succeeded, it would have been reduced to voluntary manslaughter. For example, you can get voluntary manslaughter if you intentionally kill somebody in the heat of passion (under extreme provocation - the old example was you walk in on them banging your wife).

That might fit better with involuntary, but yes, then it would be.

Attempted manslaughter would be if somebody tried to kill somebody, and if they had succeeded, it would have been reduced to voluntary manslaughter. For example, you can get voluntary manslaughter if you intentionally kill somebody in the heat of passion (under extreme provocation - the old example was you walk in on them banging your wife).

That makes sense. "THAT SON OF A BITCH GOT AWAY!"

Cops are such dumb fucks sometimes. There should be an IQ test, and a minimum standard for the job.

I knew it was going to be a black man targeted.

The cops don't say shit to repeated questions why he was being arrested. :/

Race didn't come to mind, but I figured he was likely homeless.

'Next time y'all see your moms slap that bish in the face for having you'

:):):)

Im expecting to see a thread soon titled '14 cops arrest baby, mistook rattle for gun'

Hopefully one of these times instead of just filming peeps in the crowd actually riot and beat the cops arses.

'Next time y'all see your moms slap that bish in the face for having you'

:):):)

Im expecting to see a thread soon titled '14 cops arrest baby, mistook rattle for gun'

Hopefully one of these times instead of just filming peeps in the crowd actually riot and beat the cops arses.

[YT]n_by36uklSk[/YT]

yea, impossible to verbally tell the suspect to put down the gun/get on floor/hands up w/e before coming into view. just come in and lick off some shots and let the chips fall where they may.

i also like how the 14 cops realize the man is no real threat yet they all linger to make a blue line to block ppls view of the incident etc. Tax dollars at work. 14 cops for one subdued, disabled homeless man.

So someone calls the cops because some homeless guy was acting crazy and when they got there they restrained the guy and called for medical help.

And what was the problem again?

So apparently 13 cops couldn't beat a one legged man in an ass kicking competition

So someone calls the cops because some homeless guy was acting crazy and when they got there they restrained the guy and called for medical help.

Some homeless guy is still an American citizen, and if he broke no laws, he didn't deserve that.

Now, we don't know what happened.

What are you guys bitching about they held and restrained the guy and got him medical help.

They didn't hit him or arrest him.

Some homeless guy is still an American citizen, and if he broke no laws, he didn't deserve that.

Now, we don't know what happened.

By the article we don't because they leave out that information, but why do you think the cops were called and then why do you think they had him placed on a medical hold.

He was holding a toy gun that he picked up a few aisles over at Walmart and had not yet carried to the cash register. He had also not ever pointed it at anyone nor done anything suspicious. Sad to think that I would be literally putting my life at risk picking up a toy in the toy department. Imagine the police turnout if I picked up a real knife in housewares.

By the article we don't because they leave out that information, but why do you think the cops were called and then why do you think they had him placed on a medical hold.

The only thing I assume is it wasn't what the initial caller described, wielding weapons that required such a large response

As for the medical hold, he clearly states some of his medical woes.

Nah, they just wanted to prove that a one legged guy can't win an ass kicking contest. The 14 cops made sure it was fair, had he gotten up I'm sure he would have destroyed all 14 of them with his craziness.

A better question is, why does it take 14 cops to throw down a homeless guy, sit on his prosthetic leg, and pull his pants down so everyone can see his arse?

Does it really take 14 cops to do so? If it doesnt then why are 14 salaried cops being called out to do it? Is it possible by all 14 showing up to do this that there are crimes in other parts of the city that arent being attended to and isnt this a waste of taxpayer dollars?

A better question is, why does it take 14 cops to throw down a homeless guy, sit on his prosthetic leg, and pull his pants down so everyone can see his arse?

Does it really take 14 cops to do so? If it doesnt then why are 14 salaried cops being called out to do it? Is it possible by all 14 showing up to do this that there are crimes in other parts of the city that arent being attended to and isnt this a waste of taxpayer dollars?

The call in was a man wielding a weapon, so it is understandable

Back