11.22.63 (Time-travel miniseries starring James Franco, from a Stephen King novel)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Full Trailer for Stephen King's 11.22.63 Starring James Franco

11.22.63-James-Franco-Dragonlord.jpg

After a series of tantalizing teasers, Hulu has released the full official trailer for the event series 11.22.63, and it’s pretty great. Based on the novel of the same name by Stephen King, 11.22.63 revolves around a high school English teacher (James Franco) who goes back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. His mission is complicated by Lee Harvey Oswald, his falling in love, and the past itself not wanting to be changed.

This full trailer does a fantastic job of setting up the premise in an eerily fascinating way and making the series seem wildly compelling. The Last King of Scotland director Kevin Macdonald helmed the show’s first episode, while Franco himself directs the eight-part series’ fifth installment. The first episode of 11.22.63 debuts on February 15th, President’s Day.

James Franco Is a Time Traveler in Excellent New ’11.22.63’ Trailer

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, nothing came up in the search function. Has anyone started the show yet? I absolutely loved the book, one of the few I read twice. Looking forward to starting the show tonight!

Thanks for the heads up. I know almost nothing about the story but someone mentioned the book to me a little while back and what I heard sounds interesting.

Does Hulu release the whole season at once like Netflix or just an episode at a time?

Been looking forward to this. Thought the book sounded interesting a few years ago, and James Franco can sometimes do some good shit. Will definitely check this out. What time does it go up on hulu?

Only got to watch the first 15 minutes of the show yesterday but laughed at Franco's reaction, "who makes up these rules???"

Damn didn't know it was weekly release, thought I could use my free trial to binge it lol guess that is why they do it this way. Oh well.

Had no idea this was premiering thanks for the heads up.

I remember in one of the dark tower books King refers to Kennedy as one the last gunslinger of our world, or something like that. Wonder if this sorry will tie in with any other characters of King.

Kennedy is a distant relative. I was pretty proud of that although the more I learned about the family the less that's really true.

Had no idea this was premiering thanks for the heads up.

I remember in one of the dark tower books King refers to Kennedy as one the last gunslinger of our world, or something like that. Wonder if this sorry will tie in with any other characters of King.

Kennedy is a distant relative. I was pretty proud of that although the more I learned about the family the less that's really true.

There are some tie ins and characters from other Stephen King novels in the book. In fact, a very famous character makes a cameo appearance. Not sure if the T.V. show will be the same, though.

thinking of reading the book. haven't read a stephen king book in a long ass time.

There are some tie ins and characters from other Stephen King novels in the book. In fact, a very famous character makes a cameo appearance. Not sure if the T.V. show will be the same, though.

there were some promo material where there were references to other stephen king works. not saying that the show will have any, but that'd be cool.

smh Hulu, take notes from Netflix. Why are they using the weekly TV format?

Will wait for all eps to be released then binge

I like the first episode but the rushed awkward exposition at the beginning felt like something out of a Chris Nolan film - like they were making stuff up for the convenient rules and parameters as they went along. Things get better once Franco truly goes back to the 60s.

I'll assume once Franco saves the boy's family, he'll be inspired to stop the JFK assassination once more.

Liked the first ep, he should have reset once he fucked up that bet. Dude obviously didn't see Edge of Tomorrow.

read this book a while back and recently found an audiobook version and was getting ready to listen to that. Not sure how I feel about franco, I'm going to wait a couple episodes and see peoples reactions before I watch it. Book was a very good read for those of you interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back