$107,500 total Reebok payout for UFN73

Still haven't seen any logical explanation of how this is good for the fighters.

It makes them look like profession athletes instead of human NASCAR cars.

Because the shorts really make this look like a competition between two highly skilled professional athletes.

483439134-timothy-johnson-punches-jared-rosholt-in-gettyimages.jpg

some no-named bantamweight pocketed $50k in bonus money, and 3 others split $150k so stop crying...

Doesn't main event guys get more money? Or is it only for title fights?

Because the shorts really make this look like a competition between two highly skilled professional athletes.

i'd wear a tutu for a week if tutu.com paid me 50k.

NASCAR pit crew members earn on average more than most UFC fighters do, let alone the drivers.

Lol how the hell did Camozzi get more than Glover? Glover has actually fought for the title before and has headlined a few cards

Any merit system based on seniority is flawed to the point of ridiculousness. Just because someone has been there longer does not take the quality of their work into account.

fighters are being used as cheap billboards for reebok/ufc without accounting for the brain damage

Ok, the fighters dont look like nascar, but the Octagon still does.

Oh...the UFC gets all that Octagon sponsorship money.

Cowboy taking so many fights is paying off now with tenure 20,000 every fight seems pretty good considering he fights 5 6 times per year,

Any merit system based on seniority is flawed to the point of ridiculousness. Just because someone has been there longer does not take the quality of their work into account.
The seniority part I agree with. A subjective system would have most people unhappy and claiming favoritism.

Plus the small percentage of fighters this actually helps or doesn't hurt would then get less while the people already getting paid well would get more. At least this allows the lowest tier guys to make enough where they might even be able to train full time if they get a couple fights and a win.

Uncle Sam normally taxes bonuses at 40% but still, an extra 10-15k a year can make a huge difference to guys getting 8k/8k. Although it's pretty embarrassing I agree to see a guy like Tex get the minimum. There should be some type of veteran minimum regardless of flights under the UFC banner.

It's my first post on the matter but its the clearest case I've seen of almost everyone disagreeing with the UFC. Such a short career span some guys will never make it up to pre-reebok numbers..

Still haven't seen any logical explanation of how this is good for the fighters.

Guys like Cody McKenzie won't need to stop at Walmart on their way to the fight and buy new shorts? This eliminates the potential of leaving a tag on it which could possibly give his opponent a paper cut

The seniority part I agree with. A subjective system would have most people unhappy and claiming favoritism.

Plus the small percentage of fighters this actually helps or doesn't hurt would then get less while the people already getting paid well would get more. At least this allows the lowest tier guys to make enough where they might even be able to train full time if they get a couple fights and a win.

Uncle Sam normally taxes bonuses at 40% but still, an extra 10-15k a year can make a huge difference to guys getting 8k/8k. Although it's pretty embarrassing I agree to see a guy like Tex get the minimum. There should be some type of veteran minimum regardless of flights under the UFC banner.

Good suggestion with the vet minimum, and they should also take into account a fighter's rank and previous title contention (maybe not in WBW since those are gifted). I'm not saying take away any money from the lower tier fighters, but pay the name guys and vets what they deserve too.

Ok, the fighters dont look like nascar, but the Octagon still does.

Oh...the UFC gets all that Octagon sponsorship money.

I think he was being sarcastic but from both angles. Rosholt/Johnson was a terrible display of highly skilled pro athletes even with those very professional looking shorts.

[IM
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/483439134-timothy-johnson-punches-jared-rosholt-in-gettyimages.jpg mg]

Better Ninja-Edit....

If you're going to make a joke, at least learn how to paste an image. Like I said, two parts troll with equal parts ignorant/incompetent. :icon_lol:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back