$107,500 total Reebok payout for UFN73

some no-named bantamweight pocketed $50k in bonus money, and 3 others split $150k so stop crying...

this, "bonus" rationale is bullshit, because it's not guaranteed money, and is at the discretion of the ufc. only GUARANTEED money should be counted.

Welcome to the big leagues!

this, "bonus" rationale is bullshit, because it's not guaranteed money, and is at the discretion of the ufc. only GUARANTEED money should be counted.

would you rather they split up the $200k in bonus money and just give $10k to each of the 20 fighters on the card?

The $50k performance bonuses have value...

would you rather they split up the $200k in bonus money and just give $10k to each of the 20 fighters on the card?

They should do both, because they can easily afford it.

Since this whole Reebok fiasco started, I grit my teeth every time I see that logo. If you don't agree with it, SIMPLY DON'T BUY ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH REEBOK.

Granted, Adidas is the parent company of Reebok so that would mean that you shouldn't buy anything made by Adidas too. [which is just fine by me since I'm a Nike man]

Ya , but how many pairs of shoes did they get ? how come thats not mentioned anywhere ? and the shirts ? I dont see shirt numbers up there either

Zuffa makin it rain Reebok dollas all over them fighters asses.
I predict Bellator and WSOF shut down within the next few weeks as fighters jump ship to get in on this gold rush. The Reebok money makes up for anything that may be lost for breach of contract lawsuits .

Now that's just communism brother, plain and simple. I can't get jiggy with that shit.

Edit:
In fact, reported.

Last edited:

that still wouldn't be fair, because what if an entire card is full of amazing performances? someone is going to be left out.

but the larger picture, is that the fighters get paid peanuts to begin with. the bonuses were created in order to pit the fighters against each other, so that only the ufc is guaranteed to benefit from their performances. that's why you have fighters begging for bonuses after their fights.

if the ufc removed bonuses and paid a better overall salary, it would be fairer to all.

Reebok screwed Reebok. Bit of a waste of money. Fighters getting paid tho.

How much did they pay in ads? They were all over the the televised broadcast.

UFC is just like all the big corporations. Take the money out of the employees pockets and put it in to the top brass's pockets. Greed is destroying this country. That's why I'm losing my job to some China man.

Something about this seems wrong. I can come up with 5k for charity for a 5k Fun Run.

Pretty sure these guys made way more as a headliner before the Reebok deal.

I assume fighters get paid whatever they can squeeze out of Zuffa, then get a few extra pennies in sponsorship from Reebok. Anyway, the sponsorship deal is a joke. To add insult to injury, the have to get punched in the face in ugly-ass gear. There needs to be a UFC fighter's union that can negotiate with Zuffa on equal footing.

This reebok deal may be OK for some of the low level fighters like comozzi but for glover he is getting shafted

James harden himself was offered 200M from adidas. Kind of highlights the difference between a "sport" and a "business". Really embarrassing to say the least.

Back