• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1000 Pounds by 40

Still feeling great. Totally pain free it’s outstanding.

I usually don’t like deadlifting with a belt, but just got a smooth 255# with the belt for 3x3 and had way more in the tank.

Going for

Deadlift: 275 3x3
Squat: 255 3x3
Bench: 185 3x3

By end of February

Nice work. I don't know if I get as much out of my belt as I could on DLs. Maybe I don't think about it enough...

Had a small back spasm which recreated my nerve pain and had to take 2 weeks off. Had a good deadlift session today. Still on track.

I'm glad to hear you're back at it! Stay consistent but don't try to do too much too soon, either. I am older than you, I've learned more than ever to focus on form and breathing for every lift. I go hard but my policy is if I have a sharp pain I stop that lift for that session, but dull or moderate pain I can foam roll or do mobility etc until it's gone. It seems to work as I have been making gains still and remaining generally free of injury. The only thing that tweaked my lower back lately was doing these screwy sumo high pulls. Only bothered me for a few days but I hope to never do those again hah!

Back